Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chance for a National Championship?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Chance for a National Championship?

Apr 27, 2013, 10:51 AM

Im a football guy, but I always watch baseball too. Are the chances good that we can get a National Championship this year?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Statistically speaking, the chances are not "good"

Apr 27, 2013, 11:02 AM

for anyone to win a Nat'l Championship. Now, if you are asking if our chances are better this year than in years past or if they are better than other teams out there, then the answer would be so-so. I think this team is our best in several years, but probably only 3 or 4th best since 2000. I think it's probably only about 15th best or so right now and certainly not elite.

TL;DR: no, not good odds. Possible with the right circumstances and everyone getting hot at the end, but not "good".

Re: Chance for a National Championship?

Apr 27, 2013, 11:03 AM

Yea,they are real good if you finish the season strong,win the ACC Championship,host a regional,win the regional,host a Super Regional,win the Super Regional,avoid double elimination in Omaha,get to the Championship and then win 2 out of 3.
Problem is all of that happens in May and June.This is still April,and there are 12 remaining regular season games till the tournament.
Clemson can't afford to be thinking about the National Championship just yet.

I believe we've seen

Apr 27, 2013, 11:26 AM

There is no team we can't beat and no team we can't lose to. That means we have to get and stay hot in the tournament. It's possible, but considerably less likely than some other teams who are, at this point, fundamentally better teams.

However, it would take a fool not to see the potential this team has going forward.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic