Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can't believe School Superintendent said this about Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Can't believe School Superintendent said this about Watson

Sep 18, 2018, 5:04 PM

https://nypost.com/2018/09/18/school-superintendent-on-texans-star-you-cant-count-on-a-black-qb/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably a Bama fan***

Sep 18, 2018, 5:06 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or, disgruntled A&M fan.***

Sep 18, 2018, 5:10 PM

You know, since KB just beat them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

He will always be on my team - love that play***

Sep 18, 2018, 5:13 PM [ in reply to probably a Bama fan*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He will always be on my team - love that play***

Sep 18, 2018, 9:54 PM

will remain THE PLAY for a long,long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

His carelessness and stupidity may costs him his job.***

Sep 18, 2018, 5:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: His racism may costs him his job. FIFY***

Sep 18, 2018, 5:42 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His racism may costs him his job. FIFY***

Sep 18, 2018, 7:11 PM

^^^This!!^^^

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy absolutely should be fired

Sep 18, 2018, 5:26 PM

But then again, it is Texas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't believe School Superintendent said this about Watson

Sep 18, 2018, 5:38 PM

you can have education and still be stupid and ignorant. this man is a prime example.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 6:00 PM

He'll be looking for a new job. What a stupid comment.

Annnnnnd that idiot used to have a job

Sep 18, 2018, 6:13 PM

... leading kids disturbingly

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson’s football IQ is pretty darn good

Sep 18, 2018, 6:15 PM

Just goes to show you that this clown is merely speaking out of his ignorance. Shame on him!

Re: Watson’s football IQ is pretty darn good

Sep 18, 2018, 6:57 PM

Watson be like. I'll keep counting my money!!

Watson’s football IQ is pretty darn good

Sep 18, 2018, 6:15 PM

Just goes to show you that this clown is merely speaking out of his ignorance. Shame on him!

Sep 18, 2018, 6:17 PM

Dumb comment. Deshaun is going to be a stud.

HOWEVER, one of the most popular sports movies of ALL TIME stereotypes white men as non athletic....

Cry me a river. Sick of the double standard. It's common place in sports, especially football and basketball, for white athletes to be stereotyped and even discriminated against.

*Sighs*

Sep 18, 2018, 6:21 PM

Nm

Sep 18, 2018, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't believe School Superintendent said this about Watson ]

Yes, discrimination exists in many forms, but I think you’re trying to justify that.

It’s not commonplace for people in charge of educating our children to spew prejudice...and it shouldn’t be common at all regardless of what you do for a living. I don’t care what color you are.

The fact that you’re trying to justify it, for any reason, especially in an effort to do your typical trolling, is disgusting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 6:52 PM

Watson be like. I will keep counting my money!!!

so you're defending a comment that

Sep 18, 2018, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't believe School Superintendent said this about Watson ]

Suggests that black players are inherently less intelligent?

Re: so you're defending a comment that

Sep 18, 2018, 6:43 PM

My first sentence said it was a dumb comment so no I’m not defending it all. Just pointing to the double standard that clearly exists because if a black man in the same position made a stereotypical comment about a white player nobody would say a word and I know they wouldn’t because it happens all the time.

Sep 18, 2018, 6:53 PM

Instead of presenting a counter that does no one any good, how about you just root for no person, of any color, saying something stupid?

You can start with yourself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 8:44 PM

IHOP just got put on blast !

DB23

I didn't read it as him defending a racist comment.

Sep 18, 2018, 7:33 PM [ in reply to so you're defending a comment that ]

But he was pointing out that there is a double standard when it comes to a person of one race stereotyping an athlete of another race. In this case, he's right - there is double standard in our culture today.

Racism shouldn't be tolerated in any form, whether it comes from a white person or a minority.

Proverbs 16:18

Sep 18, 2018, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't believe School Superintendent said this about Watson ]

White Men Can’t Jump deals with the stereotype, but is actually about a white guy that’s very good at basketball. Good bit of difference in stereotyping that a white person cant jump as high or run as fast, and assuming that a black persons can’t play quarterback because they aren’t smart enough. I fail to see that as a double standard. Let me guess, you also find it unfair that black people can use the N word and you can’t?

Sep 18, 2018, 8:54 PM

Kinda.... I don’t think their should be anything, and I mean ANYTHING that is OK for one race but not others. One world, we all have to share it, we should all abide by the same rules.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 8:38 AM

I've just never understood the logic behind a white person(I'm white btw) using the argument that using the N word is ok because blacks use it themselves, or that black people should be considered racist also if they use the word. It's all about the way you're saying it IMO. Some white guy being heard saying something like "of course you can't count on a Nword to do anything right" is racist regardless of how many rappers say it in their songs.

It's like if your wife likes it when you call her a b1tch in bed or something. I don't think that would make it ok for you or for her if I walked up to her and called her the same, and then told you it should be ok for me to do so since you do it yourself.

It's like the old saying of family or friends who fight and argue with each other. That it's ok for me to rough up my brother or say he's trash or whatever, but I'll fight you if you ever mess with him.

Sep 19, 2018, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Can't believe School Superintendent said this about Watson ]

My perception of Jhop's "trolling" comments historically have led me to conclude that he is black.
While i might be wrong, he certainly sees life well enough from the other side that I'd never call him a racist in either direction.
He may be reactionary, or the anti-conscience, but i don't consider him to be defending racism.

Hoosiers?

Sep 18, 2018, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't believe School Superintendent said this about Watson ]

That was a bunch of white guys.

Sep 18, 2018, 6:21 PM

Glad I counted on him . He never once let me down .

TD23 speaks only for TD23 .

DB23

Some one tell this gut it is 2018,

Sep 18, 2018, 7:52 PM

not 1962

Some one tell this GUY it is 2018,

Sep 18, 2018, 7:53 PM

not 1962...

oops...

I Bet He Is A Spokesman For....

Sep 18, 2018, 8:13 PM

Summer's Eve.....that is what he is for sure !

He must have been pretty frustrated to say something...

Sep 18, 2018, 8:16 PM

that stupid. An apology should be enough, imo. I'm sure he regrets allowing his emotions to overload his better judgment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the comment reflects actual racism.

Sep 18, 2018, 8:53 PM

It wasn't an emotional statement. It shows his opinion that quarterbacks with black skin are inferior to those with, presumably, white skin. That is a rare unicorn example of actual racism.

He deserves to be removed for his racist views, not his comment.

Re: He must have been pretty frustrated to say something...

Sep 18, 2018, 8:56 PM [ in reply to He must have been pretty frustrated to say something... ]

In this day and age, you need to think about everything you post. Even a private message to someone can spread. Once it is electronic, it is out of your control. He will be very lucky if it doesn't cost him his job. Tried by internet is much more damaging than tired by jury these days.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

So I like playing the anti-political correct police... but

Sep 18, 2018, 8:52 PM

this guy is a racist. That was clearly a racist comment and it shows the guy is clearly actually a real-life racist.

He can't be retained in his position. His words are not being misconstrued. He just outed himself as a dumb#ss bigot.

Sep 18, 2018, 9:08 PM

Horrible comment. On another note, I did not realize only 2 black q.b. had won super bowl. I would have thought many more than that.

Sep 18, 2018, 10:59 PM

Might be racist? He should resign.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic