Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CU-SC Game Announcers said our Oline was "Serviceable"..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,804

CU-SC Game Announcers said our Oline was "Serviceable"..

Dec 3, 2019, 4:33 PM

while a FGF Poster said our Oline was not as good as one that played in WillieB 2 years ago.

I will agree a tad bit but when our Oline couldn't push it in on Coots with 3 attempts inside the 5, I am worried vs an OHst or LSU.

What say you?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CU-SC Game Announcers & said our Oline was "Serviceeable

Dec 3, 2019, 4:34 PM

yeah the short yardage stuff on 4th down was pretty weak

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2019, 4:42 PM

I think our O-line is good enough to win championships and has been proven to do so. Disappointed that they could not push it across the coots early in the game but in a playoff or championship game I think the play calling would have been different to allow our skill players to get to the outside. In other words we would not have run it up the middle 4 straight times.

I disagree with serviceable. We have a good experienced O-line on an elite team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2019, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: CU-SC Game Announcers & said our Oline was "Serviceeable ]

ETN had a hole wide open on 4th down and went outside. They OL did a great job on that play.

I was unhappy with the OL on Saturday, but this year we're

Dec 3, 2019, 4:45 PM

10th in rushing the ball versus 35th in 2017. We are 4th in fewest sacks allowed. So what are you seeing, other than one series?

First off, I do agree. They were not getting good push or opening any lanes for Travis. We will need to do much better against the playoff teams. We cannot be one-dimensional and hope to win a national title.

Secondly, over the years our oline has had some games with poor push, but they nearly always show up in the big games... save the semifinal in 2017, where it didnt help matters to not have much of a downfield passing atrack.

Overall I think you're making way too much of a deal over one failed series inside the 5. We're 10th in rushing this year and 4th in fewest sacks allowed, so we've been making running room and protecting the QB.

Playcalling was too predictable. They sold out for the run

Dec 3, 2019, 4:50 PM

at the point where the ball was run. They had numbers. I went back and watched all 4 attempts. No blocks were terrible. Just too many bodies at the point of attack. I do question 44 on the fridge package though.

I'm only referring to that goal line stand. Playcalling overall was great.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we're at the goal line and thinking about the possible

Dec 3, 2019, 5:13 PM

need to use the freezer package, we need to go to it earlier than on 4th down..... like maybe on 2nd down and keep running it, if necessary.

SC DTs are the strength of their defense.

Dec 3, 2019, 4:53 PM

Kinlaw is a first rounder and a freak athlete. I was disappointed that we didn’t punch it in but not totally surprised. A called run to the outside on third or fourth down would’ve walked into the EZone.

As far as OSU or LSU goes I doubt our team will look, in my opinion, as flat as they did Saturday. It’s funny that we’re at a place where the team can seemingly go through the motions and still win by five TDs. Great time to be a Tiger.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SC DTs are the strength of their defense.

Dec 3, 2019, 5:02 PM

The whole reason we were stopped was because ETN tried to bounce outside on fourth down. He had a hole, so much so that Anchrum was standing in the endzone.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Dec 3, 2019, 7:47 PM

Yessir the line did a great job on 4th down ETN just didn't wait a split second to see it open up.

Yeah Etienne definitely missed the hole on the direct snap***

Dec 3, 2019, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: SC DTs are the strength of their defense. ]

Dec 3, 2019, 5:02 PM [ in reply to SC DTs are the strength of their defense. ]

The whole reason we were stopped was because ETN tried to bounce outside on fourth down. He had a hole, so much so that Anchrum was standing in the endzone.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Dec 3, 2019, 7:24 PM [ in reply to SC DTs are the strength of their defense. ]

How many tackles did Kinlaw have? 4?

Dec 3, 2019, 8:18 PM

2 tac / 2 asst

Dec 3, 2019, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: SC DTs are the strength of their defense. ]

2 tac / 2 asst

Re: CU-SC Game Announcers said our Oline was "Serviceable"..

Dec 3, 2019, 5:11 PM

Watch ETN’s 4th down run again at the goal line, he had a huge gap to run through if he went left instead he got tackle trying to go wide right. I think the offensive line is extremely good and will be even better by Dec. 28th.

Dec 3, 2019, 7:32 PM

If he went straight behind the center, he would have scored easily, but I think he wanted to follow the big bodies on the right. I'm not sure what Pinckney was trying to do on that play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2019, 8:18 PM

Who is this game announcer you speak of ? Was it McElroy ???

Yeah, last season on The First Team, he went on and on about how unblockable Quinnen Williams was and at least two different times I heard him follow that up with “Clemson’s offensive line is just okay”.

Remind me again how many times Trevor Lawrence got sacked and how much of the time Tua Turntheballover spent running for his life.

If it was Greg McElroy that made that boneheaded, biased comment then just consider the source.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2019, 8:22 PM

We said a lot of negative things after last years game against the coots. But look at how the Tigers cruised through the playoffs. They smoke Bama like a cheap cigar!

Have faith Tiger fans trust in the Dabo!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2019, 8:39 PM

Right . I think there’s a whole lot of calls being made to establish tendencies for future opponents to have to account for .

Like a good OC knows all plays are going to be computerized so that defenses know how often we run certain plays on the goal . They might get surprised during championship season .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,804
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic