Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bryan Bresee & Myles Murphy and crew will transform Dline
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Bryan Bresee & Myles Murphy and crew will transform Dline

Jul 5, 2020, 9:00 AM

Let’s look at the huge transformation our defense will take in 2020! We recruited the best defensive line ever in one class to go with your upcoming studs and proven guys that were spread thin last year but performed incredibly.

The start to finish # 1 recruit Bryan Bresee 6-5 295 could play DT or DE because of his athleticism. Wide-bodied, bulky frame with the ability to grow into an inside defender or trim down into a big edge lineman. Has elite get-off and first-step quickness, particularly given his size and bulk. Shows quick hands as a pass rusher. Diagnoses plays effectively in the run game and has the agility to navigate through trash. Grew up in a competitive home loving to compete in basketball and football. I look for him to adjust to the college level quickly because his technique is good. I have to believe Brent will have packages when he will move him around to utilize his abilities and prevent double and triple teams.

The number # 1 Defensive end # 5 overall recruit Myles Murphy 6-5 265 who was raved about by Dabo and crew in spring practice. Thicker edge defender with good length but a strong, wide frame that presents positional versatility. Possesses elite combine athleticism. Effective and active chasing down plays from the backside and downfield. Shows the effort and motor to be a major factor in pursuit. Has strong hands and long arms - which he uses effectively to control and shed blockers. Has two-gap ability as a down lineman. Ability to dip and bend the edge is incredible, Brent Venables raved about his leverage and ability to bend in the spring.( best compliment of a freshman In the spring ever by Brent) His size allows for versatility up front and look for Brent to use it to its fullest.

Demonte Capehart # 4 DT 6-5 295 rated 33 overall player in the nation who has the potential to contribute from day 1. Tall, wide-hipped build. Has substantial room to fill out in his upper body and should tip the scales over 300 pounds. Has good length and athleticism. Quick off the snap and has the ability to emphatically disrupt plays once in the backfield. Disruptive in a variety of ways - as a pass rusher, against the run and in pursuit. Has heavy hands and finishes plays with violence and authority. Capable of tracking down ball carriers from the backside with range and closing speed. Primarily plays inside but has the length and frame to possibly work as a big end in a three-man front. He also was a very good basketball player that will be quick and able to slap down passes with his leaping ability. Brent Venables used to dream about a class with all these weapons at once.

Tre Williams Defensive Tackle 6-3 305 rated as 10 DT in the class 72 overall. He comes out of the DC area. Thick, big frame built to play defensive tackle. Good length for size. Powerful and explosive. Has 3-tech and nose guard versatility. Fast-twitch muscles. Strong lower body. Uncoils at snap. Violent at point of attack. Quick hands make it tough to engage him. Re-directs well. Disruptive in the middle. Strength to disengage. Can handle double teams. Has closing speed. He should work into the rotation in 2020 and look for him shut down the inside running game and push the pocket on passing downs, we hit on some great Defensive lines guys in this class as you can see.

Don’t forget we hit on Tyler Davis who was rated lower than all these guys last year and he started and played incredibly all year with not a lot of rest time but he will be even better this year especially with the breaks he will get. He will be fresher along with the improvement in strength and experience.

We also have Etinosa Reuben 6-3 295 and Ruke Orhorhoro 6-4 300 both Defensive Tackles who both are Redshirt Freshmen who should be much improved and pushing for playing time.

Let’s don’t forget our veterans on the defensive line DT’s Starter Nyles Pinckney Senior, DT Jordan Williams junior and Sophomore DT Darnelle Jeffries. Also, our DE’s Senior Justin Foster, Junior Xavier Thomas, Sophomore Justin Foster, Justin Mascoll and Greg Williams.

We are young with experience but very loaded on our DL and I look for us to play much like the National Championship Defense we had in 2018. We were really good last year but I look for the competition on the defensive line to heat up and for us to be dominant. Imagine being an Offensive lineman going against this defense everyday, should help our Offensive line to grow up too.

Who do you think will start on the DL this year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Bryan Bresee & Myles Murphy and crew will transform Dline

Jul 5, 2020, 9:51 AM

Starting DLine IMO:

WDE- KJ Henry
DT- Jordan Williams
NG- Tyler Davis
SDE- Xavier Thomas

I could definitely see the freshmen push for starting roles as early as game 3.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2020, 2:00 PM

Looks right amigo -- Dabo/BV will start the vets early especially with reduced practice time, but as you state, freshmen will get in DL rotation early. Those who start games may not finish them in crucial situations (if there are any).

(Correction: as per Dabrian post below, Foster will start. Maybe all year).

Message was edited by: SocMan2®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryan Bresee & Myles Murphy and crew will transform Dline ]

Foster will start at DE unless Henry makes a huge leap.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks a lot...

Jul 5, 2020, 3:28 PM

now I'm going to be even more PO'd if thhey cancel the season

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2020, 3:38 PM

It’s the perfect OL nightmare, substitutions with no drop off

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2020, 5:13 PM

I just watched the high school tape on Bresee. It looked like dad playing with his 8 year olds. Good grief!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In a normal year, I would bet the talent coming in would

Jul 5, 2020, 7:04 PM

take over our D-Line in short order. But, there is NOTHING normal about this year, so who knows, other than The Shadow? He always knows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic