Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell and DeVoe quotes in preview make them look like
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,713

Brownell and DeVoe quotes in preview make them look like

Dec 18, 2017, 10:10 AM

prophets so far...about watching the clips of the 12 close games(12 of 16 lost) last year: Brownell said, "...what ws the cause? One time it is a missed switch. One time, it is over-help. One time, it is a couple of bad offensive possessions in a row right at the end of the game. We've got to learn from that."
Brownell praised DeVoe for coming to practice early everyday. Gabe said he thinks about the NCAA everyday.:
"I think we have a lot of good pieces. Devoe said, "In between Eli in the post and Donte and our guard play. I think we will have a great year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell and DeVoe quotes in preview make them look like

Dec 18, 2017, 10:21 AM

We have mores shooters but to me the real thing is experienced guards. They can drive to the hoop and get fouled and then make the fts. We got back into it with Fla second half doing that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, however the leadership and 3 pt. shooting of Devoe

Dec 18, 2017, 11:02 AM

and inside/outside play of pt. forward Grantham is also very important plus Eli is improving as season progresses.

Re: Brownell and DeVoe quotes in preview make them look like

Dec 18, 2017, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Brownell and DeVoe quotes in preview make them look like ]

The biggest difference I notice this year is the cohesiveness and belief the players have. I loved B-game but last year it always seemed he tried too hard to put the team on his back and that may have led to some dissension among the transfers.

This year we returned a ton of players, and added a couple of pieces that have proven to be helpful (Skara, Donnal), as well as some recruits that are physically ready to play ball.

If the Florida game was played last year, we would have made the run in the second half to cut it to 2, but when Florida pushed the lead back to 8 I honestly don't think we would have come back. But this year it just seems different, and we were able to not only come back once, but twice to seal the deal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With this team work and belief in themselves, ACC play = ?

Dec 18, 2017, 1:22 PM

10=8 and Ncaa invite?

Re: With this team work and belief in themselves, ACC play = ?

Dec 18, 2017, 2:00 PM

We beat Scar and Louisiana to finish 11-1 OOC and go 10-8 in the ACC I think that would put us in, or at the worst be just off the bubble of teams in.

That being said, we would probably need to beat one or two of the upper echelon ACC teams and win a game in the ACC Tourney.

It'll really all depend on if we have the classic stretch of games where we lose 4-5 ### games.

that would be 21 wins, with OOC wins over

Dec 18, 2017, 2:16 PM

OSU, Florida, and SCU....

we would be safely in... not even cloas

Re: that would be 21 wins, with OOC wins over

Dec 18, 2017, 2:40 PM

In my opinion it depends on who the wins are in the ACC, and how those teams we've beaten finish out.

don't think so...

Dec 18, 2017, 2:44 PM

21 total wins, with an 11-1 OOC that includes the above wins...

There will be at least 1 or 2 good ACC wins mixed in if we win 10...

safely in

Re: don't think so...

Dec 18, 2017, 2:55 PM

I want to believe that, I just feel like we've been in similar situations before and gotten left out.

I hope you're right on this!

21-9 (10-8) in the best conference in the land and some

Dec 18, 2017, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: With this team work and belief in themselves, ACC play = ? ]

quality out of conference wins would easily get us in the Big Dance. We would have a solid seed with that resume.

I think it is doable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Whatever, they are fun to watch, I have a good feeling about

Dec 18, 2017, 4:08 PM

the rest of season to Ncaa tourney.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,713
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic