Topic: Brownell Recruiting/Coaching Question
Replies: 10   Last Post: Mar 23, 2019 11:05 PM by: striperfan
[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

Brownell Recruiting/Coaching Question

[1]
Posted: Mar 23, 2019 6:58 PM

I’ve heard it said a lot that Brownell is a great defensive coach. If that’s the case, I’ve always wondered why he doesn’t recruit more scorers and then make them better defenders. It’s a heck of a lot harder to teach someone to be a scorer. Im sure I’m missing someone but the only “scorer” that I can recall Brownell signing was DeVoe.

Re: Brownell Recruiting/Coaching Question

[2]
Posted: Mar 23, 2019 7:53 PM

marquise reed says hello

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

He transferred in, though that is part of

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 8:35 PM

recruiting now. But Brad's lack of offensive consistency has been his shortcoming at Clemson. I dont think that can be argued, and that does circle back to recruiting

Re: He transferred in, though that is part of

[1]
Posted: Mar 23, 2019 8:39 PM

around 40% of D1 basketball players will transfer once in their career. even duke, unc, KY have had kids transfer in. if you're not "recruiting " that pool of players, you're limiting yourself. we 3 years out of reed, mitchell and thomas, 2 out of skara. lots of high school kids don't stay that long, for various reasons. Clemson is in a situation where we need "players" wherever we can get them.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

I agree, especially at Clemson

[2]
Posted: Mar 23, 2019 8:44 PM

We're not landing 5 stars, but we have a chance to grab a guy like Reed via transfer who slipped through the cracks is recruiting. We should be looking to bring in transfers every year.

Re: I agree, especially at Clemson

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 8:49 PM

There are few top programs that don’t bring in transfers on a regular basis. That’s the way college basketball is these days If you think the Tigers are the only one doing this your basketball knowledge is seriously lacking. I hope they bring in another good one this year.

Where did I say that?

[1]
Posted: Mar 23, 2019 8:51 PM

I've been for bringing them in for years. Try not reading your opinion in to my post next time

Re: Where did I say that?

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 9:11 PM

Sorry that you took that personally. It was not to be directed especially to you. It wasn’t my opinion. It’s a fact!

The “you” that I referred to was any fan who doesn’t believer transfers are a good thing. You obviously do and I applaud you!

Gotcha***

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 9:12 PM

Re: Brownell Recruiting/Coaching Question

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 10:59 PM

I won’t argue Reed even though he was a transfer. So only two?

And Gabe didnt score until his senior year***

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 11:05 PM

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Georgia Tech
FOR SALE: 4 LOWER Level Tickets together in Sec Q for the Ga Tech game. Will split in any quantity. Approx 25 ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
1029 people have read this post