Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Biggest thing attributed to our b-ball success imo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,645

Biggest thing attributed to our b-ball success imo

Mar 20, 2018, 3:01 PM

Officiating. We are a physical team. They are letting us play in the post without ticky tack fowls

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean ACC refs are the best in the sport?

Mar 20, 2018, 3:03 PM

In all seriousness, we have skilled guards that are veterans and our team plays as a cohesive unit.

To me that is the biggest contributing factor to our success.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You mean ACC refs are the best in the sport?

Mar 20, 2018, 3:15 PM

I would say you are both right. I have been telling people it is the combination of our good guard play, great defense and the fact that the refs are letting them play. If Sunday had been an ACC game Thomas would have fouled out early, there were probably 10 times that he stuffed the middle that ACC refs would have called fouls. Lets hope the refs continue to let em play.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2018, 5:55 PM

I'd think our guys have developed a bit of an edge with clean physical play. Due to what they have had to endure, from the ACC officials, during league play.

Mar 20, 2018, 3:16 PM [ in reply to You mean ACC refs are the best in the sport? ]

agree. they are playing as a team and not elevating their own game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have a team.

Mar 20, 2018, 9:21 PM [ in reply to You mean ACC refs are the best in the sport? ]

Our team is filled with unselfish and very good players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Biggest thing attributed to our b-ball success imo

Mar 20, 2018, 3:09 PM

The ACC officials generally let our opposition play beyond physical - if they want. While calling our guys for air gusting and a lot of times the air gust fouls are from four or more feet away.

ESPN has lost influence too.

Mar 20, 2018, 3:18 PM

They hate us.

And the greatest evidence of this is

Mar 20, 2018, 8:47 PM

Eli has played two straight games without an illegal pick call. He had a minimum of one every game I can recall. Many of them pretty ticky tack

ACC basketball official are conditioned and trained to...

Mar 20, 2018, 9:20 PM

believe that Duke and UNC are the standard in play. If either of those teams aren't doing well it must be the officiating. They are professionals at not just calling fouls but knowing exactly when to call one on a Duke or UNC opponent which will break their rhythm in the game.

You get it going, they end it. They give makeup calls to other teams after they've broken the rhythm of the game. Sure, a Duke or UNC opponent can make a couple points off at the line but the damage is done to the relationship between their defense and offense. Ask Auburn how well Clemson plays without the ACC officiating albatross hanging around our necks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,645
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic