Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama and ESPN...consider two points
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,060

Bama and ESPN...consider two points

Nov 21, 2018, 7:44 AM

1. A LOT of people despise Bama...and Saban as well. ESPN is talking up the gorilla in the room so 'Buster' can take him down.

2. Herbstreit's sons are going to Clemson...he has to be careful what he says...and probably more so in the coming years. Regardless, he's a heckuva billboard for the program and there's only so much hiding of those facts that can occur. Rest assured, the first time one of his sons hits the field, the world will know about it and...rest further assured...Dabo will make it happen.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point #1... 'Elephant" in the room and tigers know how to

Nov 21, 2018, 7:49 AM

take down elephants. #2... 'Props' could very well be short for propaganda in this case.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama and ESPN...consider two points

Nov 21, 2018, 8:08 AM

Consider these two points;
1) Saban doesn't care that a lot of people despise Bama, or him for that matter.
2) Kirk has always liked Clemson. Granted he has to remain neutral in his commentary and will have to do even more so when his sons put on the helmet with the "PAW".
On a personal observation;
Just wonder if he will even be allowed to do Clemson games, or predict the outcome of any of those games? Hope his sons are good enough to make an impact in the field. I happen to like Kirk, even if some people don't.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 8:16 AM

I agree. I like Kirk as well. And I don't see why that would preclude him from doing broadcasts. I would assume ABC just wants him to remain professional as I am sure he will. Besides, I recall Brian Griese's Dad used to call his games and he was the starting QB when that happened!

Message was edited by: clempson93

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Saban's personality will

Nov 21, 2018, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Bama and ESPN...consider two points ]

Catch up to him and Bama in the long run. The world is changing. Saban doesn't motivate, unless via intimidation counts. We're in an image world now, like it or not. People actually strive for positive recognition and a dour, downbeat attitude simply isn't going sell in the long run. Saban's all about football...nothing else. Then again, so is Alabama, so the the match is heaven-made...for now.

Personally, I'm fine with Dabo respecting any and everyone he meets, especially those who he views as having shared values and ethics. Appreciating what Syracuse did last year caught him a lot of flack, but from the 'he doesn't care file', Dabo brushes it off, because he presents himself, in totality. WYSIWYG! It shows in the type players, staff, and even students, that Clemson now has. Again, my perspective only, but I don't think many schools can say there's a 'DNA' that is consistent across the entirety of the university, aside from Stanford and military academies.

^ Exactly Salty Dog!

Nov 21, 2018, 8:43 AM

DaBO is SO unique (for a college coach) in that his love & purpose encompasses a broad range of people & subject matters & causes..and it’s not all X & O’s or 5* Recruits or necessarily wins.

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 10:03 AM

I expect it to be business as usual for ESPN and its BAMA/SEC narratives. Or whatever narrative they want to cook up. As circumstances, public opinion, etc. change, they will continue to find ways to spin the narrative in ways that benefits business. If there are a lot of people who despise Saban/Bama, that's good for entertainment, kind of like rooting against the villian in a movie. In my (humble) view, for them to not keep riding the Saban/BAMA cash cow, he would have to do something WAY over the top, which I don't expect to happen.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Well, Saban/Bama will

Nov 21, 2018, 10:07 AM

Not win the Natty and, it's a good chance the reason will be they lose to Clemson by mid-January. Is that 'Over the top' enough? ;)

Re: Well, Saban/Bama will

Nov 21, 2018, 11:12 AM

If Bama and Clemson were to play this Saturday, I think there is a good chance that we would win if we didn't make a big mistake like a pick six, allow a special teams score, etc. I was thinking earlier that the Saban/Bama "dynasty" can't last forever, and I would love for Clemson to be the team that sets its decline in motion. But first, let's smack around the Chickens and Panthers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,060
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic