Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BBQ in California for National Champ..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,061

BBQ in California for National Champ..

Aug 21, 2018, 11:54 AM

Is byob! I have yet to find real bbq in this state. Black bark? Not a thing.

Folks can grill some tri-tip, which is just a cut of meat nobody else in the country really uses, but its not bbq.

The best I've had is the bbq lodge at the top of the slope of Sierra At Tahoe during ski season. And bc of lack of snow last year, it never opened. Boooo!

I'm dying out here ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Gotta develop a taste for that Santa Maria style

Aug 21, 2018, 11:59 AM

But it is more like grilling and less of a true bbq

I like me a good tri tip but it ain’t a brisket for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: BBQ in California for National Champ..

Aug 21, 2018, 12:01 PM

Is California still part of this country? I thought they seceded and now are their own country.

Message was edited by: bloodrunsorange63®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BBQ in California for National Champ..

Aug 21, 2018, 12:24 PM

Hmm, maybe cause the liberal elite have banned smoke for cooking due to pollution, climate change and smog?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BBQ is scary stuff.

Aug 21, 2018, 1:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: BBQ is scary stuff.

Aug 21, 2018, 1:35 PM

Yup, they have a sticker/warning for everything. Lived there for 2 years in the early 80's and it was silly then, now i can only imagine. The smog sticker for cars were the biggest scam around, 15$ to test and fail( all failed), then go to a certified smog repair shop to spend the required $100 and take receipt back to smog station to retest. Another $15 and another fail but since you spent the max allowed $100 you got a sticker anyway.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,061
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic