Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As lower seed, Miami gets day off between games?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,783

As lower seed, Miami gets day off between games?

May 23, 2018, 8:22 AM

But we play two days in a row. Seems like we should have played Tue/Thur...

... gotta love this ACC Tournament format!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: As lower seed, Miami gets day off between games?

May 23, 2018, 8:26 AM

You don't understand the (completely idiotic) format then. The reason they do this is so Clemson knows which game counts and which does not. The game today means zip when it comes to the ACC tournament. The game tomorrow is the one that counts. The ND/Miami game has to be played Tuesday or else we would be guessing which game mattered and which didn't.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As lower seed, Miami gets day off between games?

May 23, 2018, 8:31 AM

It really is stupid. Creates disinterest on my part. Also no one has an advantage in Durham but Greenville gave Clemson an advantage. Mindboggling

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It did because Clemson fans actually showed up

May 23, 2018, 9:05 AM

to support their team unlike UNC, NC State and Duke!

Glad we had longer off after the Pitt series

May 23, 2018, 8:38 AM

2 in a row shouldn't matter plus we get Friday off before the 2 games that really matter

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

yeah, but its not like thats abnormal for a baseball series***

May 23, 2018, 9:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Who they gonna play? There're only 3 teams in the pool.

May 23, 2018, 9:38 AM

Our advantage as the highest seed is that the other 2 play first giving us a clear picture of which game needs to be won and which one doesn't matter. That is better than having a day off.

The advantage is clearly ours-- we have to win 1 game to

May 23, 2018, 10:50 AM

advance. Miami or ND had to win 2 to advance. Theoretically(unless Miami rolled the dice or their guy wasn't ready from last w/e) then other team would also be throwing a #2 vs our #1. To think this isn't slanted towards the highest seed in each pod is ridiculous. The time to complain about this set-up is in future years when we are not the highest see in our pool and we have to win 2 games to advance. Personally, I think it is better than the SEC format where a team can play 6 games in a short time frame leading up to the regionals. There is no good way to do it unless you end the regular season a week earlier.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,783
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic