»
Topic: Article in post and courier this morning
Replies: 50   Last Post: Sep 22, 2017 1:19 PM by: mahoppes
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 50   Pages: 3  
[ 1 2 3 | Next ]

Article in post and courier this morning

[2]
Posted: Sep 22, 2017 10:39 AM

Did anyone read the article in the post and courier this morning suggesting Tanner muse is a dirty player because of the targeting vs Louisville? Made me so frustrated i had to create an account to post about it

Re: Article in post and courier this morning

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 10:42 AM

No...post the link.

military_donation.jpg

[1]
Posted: Sep 22, 2017 10:43 AM

Sorry should have included that in the original post

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/is-clemson-safety-tanner-muse-too-reckless-on-the-field/article_0369692c-9efd-11e7-bd50-2fada0c26482.html

I've watched Tanner a good bit...a tough hard hitter in the

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 10:51 AM

mold of Ben Boulware but dirty??? No way...they're just looking for something about Clemson that they can complain about...jealousy is strong with those folks

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: Article in post and courier this morning- if he seeswhat

[1]
Posted: Sep 22, 2017 11:02 AM

he hits he isnt using the crown and there is no problem even as the guy falls. I doget intrigued how our guys take shots in the head several times a game and it is never called but iof we tap someone - flag

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Article in post and courier this morning- if he seeswhat

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 1:19 PM

In fairness, Dabo said twice on Packer's show yesterday that the call was correct. But I'm with you that we never seem to get targeting called on other teams when they target our players.

[1]
Posted: Sep 22, 2017 11:33 AM

What a joke! In every game Clemson gets called for targeting a Clemson player is targeted and no call. 14 ##### game Stephens got a targeting call for a mere touch when he could not hold up. A chicken helmeted DW at full speed on his touchdown. Nothing. Tanner hit Lamar after he ducked his head. No injury. Jam it P&C!

Terrible article....

[1]

she made it sounds like there are several around college football questioning Muse's intentions. Talk about FAKE NEWS

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Articles like THIS are why there is less and less trust in

[4]
Posted: Sep 22, 2017 10:49 AM

the news media and why the term FAKE NEWS has been coined.

In his playing career(He did play last year)he has had ONE targeting call. He has had ONE personal foul for a late hit out of bounds that was total crap, should not have been called. So her conclusion based of two penalties is that a player is reckless. She also sites "people around the country" questioning his play, yet she names nobody. Lazy, lazy journalism...but she is a UNC grad, so she probably never went to class anyways.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Fake News was coined for false stories being widely spread...

[1]
Posted: Sep 22, 2017 11:52 AM

and believed by some in the previous election cycle. Russian intelligence played a large role in getting false news stories promoted

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Fake News was coined for false stories being widely spread...

[2]
Posted: Sep 22, 2017 12:21 PM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Link

[1]

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/is-clemson-safety-tanner-muse-too-reckless-on-the-field/article_0369692c-9efd-11e7-bd50-2fada0c26482.html

2018 student level member

Link

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 10:43 AM

Link Please

I read it this morning - total thing is BS

[1]
Posted: Sep 22, 2017 10:44 AM

Title of article is "Is Tanner Muse DIRTY?!?" With a bunch of pundits all saying no. ### is the point in an article like that.

She must have changed it to "reckless", what I saw...

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 10:52 AM

when I read it: "I don’t know Tanner at all. I’ve just seen him play. But I’ve never thought, ‘Oh, No. 19’s dirty’ or anything like that. I wouldn’t go that far."

military_donation.jpg

[1]
Posted: Sep 22, 2017 10:47 AM

I think "reckless" is not the correct term, but the guy plays like a psycho. I don't hate it and I'm not complaining at all, but I knew he'd get at least one targeting call on him this season because he just flies around out there.

[1]
Posted: Sep 22, 2017 11:14 AM

How about that dirty play by the 'Bama linebacker who tried to take off DW4's head in the Natty? Don't hear too much griping about that. Personally, I'm glad we have a psycho in the backfield to replace Boulware. Will make ball carriers think twice about roaming with their heads down. :)

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 11:26 AM

^^this guy gets it. I'd rather Muse play "dirty" and within the rules than be a sissy.

Just more pussification of America. It is dadgum football.

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 11:30 AM

Not ballet.

Re: Just more pussification of America. It is dadgum football.

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 12:58 PM

I wouldn't call this play dirty, but these rules aren't in place because "America is becoming pu$$ies." The rule is there to protect the players as it has been proven that these head shots increase the chances of head and spinal injuries. If these rules weren't made then the game of football would eventually be in danger of coming to an end.

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 11:54 AM

I never said I didn't like it. He's the safety version of Boulware in that aspect.

Every football team has a guy that has a few screws loose that almost enjoys inflicting pain, like he doesn't want to hurt anyone but that guy wants you to feel it when he pops you. That's what Muse is. His coverage skills have left a little to be desired at times, but man is he an instinctive and physical safety when he can creep down into the box and play the run.

Replies: 50   Pages: 3  
[ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Clemson Gear
Clemson Gear

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Selling four 2018 Clemson Football season tickets in section UG, lower level, south stands. Asking $...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
3676 people have read this post