Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Around 1978 Coach Curly Hallman walked up & introduced me to our 1981 NC QB to be..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,307

Around 1978 Coach Curly Hallman walked up & introduced me to our 1981 NC QB to be..

May 21, 2017, 2:40 AM

And I looked at my 8 year old Don & we both almost giggled when we saw sluggtly built & shy Homer Jordan who was in his Senior High School year in Georgia.

Lo & Behold Curly was right..and then 35 years later another Georgia player named Deshaun Watson won a FB Natty for the TiGERS..and maybe another Georgia-born player at 6'6" may soon be the next Man uP.

Saying, we should thank the Peach State every day!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Around 1978 Coach Curly Hallman walked up & introduced me to our 1981 NC QB to be..

May 21, 2017, 8:16 AM

Homer seems to get overlooked by CU fans but he was a great qb for that team

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Around 1978 Coach Curly Hallman walked up & introduced me to our 1981 NC QB to be..

May 21, 2017, 8:42 AM

Well I sure remember him. I guess if you weren't around to enjoy those years it's easy to feel that the winning Clemson tradition is something new, Not! I actually remember being in the room while my Dad watched that great Sugar Bowl game on the TV. Clemson football has always been great fun in my memory!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOW, the question is: will Lawrence be the next Ga-born Natty QB

May 21, 2017, 10:05 AM

At Clemson?!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember the mediocre years.

May 21, 2017, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Around 1978 Coach Curly Hallman walked up & introduced me to our 1981 NC QB to be.. ]

It was under Coach Parker. Somewhere I have the 1974 commemorative Coke bottle that honors the undefeated home season. That was the biggest thing to celebrate. But then Coach Ford introduced the three feet and a cloud of blood and dust - then surprise the heck out of the other team by throwing the ball twice a game for big gains. NC team. Then Rodney Williams, Hooper and Cooper, Kenny Flowers, Tracy Johnson, and Terry Allen. Puntrooski (we were on the Hill behind the punter) and the Number 3 ranking. Coach Ford being ousted. Ken Hatfield's ACC championship, then back to mediocrity again with flashes of what might be during Tommy Bowden's tenure. But for those who don't remember, the 1980s were for the most part a highly successful decade - at least at the beginning and the end of the decade. William Perry, Michael Dean Perry. These guys were long before Watson, Williams, Leggott, and Renfrow, Wilkins, and Lawrence. This success of late is not new. But it's true the program hasn't always had the shine it has now.

THIS IS HOW AWESOME YOU ARE bill...

May 21, 2017, 10:04 AM

If you google sluggtly right now, (and make sure it is spelled sluggtly) it gauges search results for this thread. lightbulbbill for ROH!!!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sluggtly

May 21, 2017, 10:07 AM

I remember slapping one of these stickers on him after one of the last games and telling him he was taking us to the national championship.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,307
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic