Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else have trouble pulling for other ACC schools?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,665

Anyone else have trouble pulling for other ACC schools?

Mar 19, 2018, 2:05 PM

i found myself struggling to pull for anyone else in our Conference. I know i know, its good for us if the ACC wins, but i just think back to all the stadiums i've walked out of after losses and how their fans behave etc

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I can't pull for NCheat no matter what. The others I seem

Mar 19, 2018, 2:07 PM

to be able to pull for, at least in basketball.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here. Everyone but the Cheats, I will gladly take

Mar 19, 2018, 2:42 PM

the extra payout and the prestige to recruit with that comes from ACC teams doing well in the tournament. But I certainly don’t puff my chest out about an FSU win or let a Miami loss ruin my night.

Plus, I live in ACC country and most of my friends who aren’t Clemson fans are fans of some other ACC team. I’m fine with them doing well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Speaking entirely for myself...

Mar 19, 2018, 2:20 PM

I don't really give a fuzzy rats rump about other ACC teams. I am a Clemson Tiger fan PERIOD

Seeing those cheating bastages from Crapple Hole get their a$$es handed to them made me smile. The good news for them was they didn't have far to drive to get back home.

Living vicariously through your conference is a loser mentality which is why those featherheads to our southeast are so good at it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I only pull for the ones I picked in my bracket.

Mar 19, 2018, 2:35 PM

That’s it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I only pull for the ones I picked in my bracket.

Mar 19, 2018, 2:44 PM

Clemson is the only team I care about in any collegiate sport.

Re: Anyone else have trouble pulling for other ACC schools?

Mar 19, 2018, 2:52 PM

I'm ok with pulling for some ACC schools. I generally pull against UNC, Duke, and Syracuse in basketball.

Mar 19, 2018, 4:35 PM

Replace generally with always and I agree with you 100%.

Nope. Never had a problem with it.

Mar 19, 2018, 3:05 PM

I’ve been doing so for 40+ years long before any SEC chants or other conf pride stuff. I was ecstatic when NCSU won in 1983. Now there are some conference teams I pull for 100% of the time in non conf basketball(UVA, GT,BC,NCSU,Wake, VT etc) but there are others (UNC/Duke) that I might be 50% based on who they are playing.

The only time I ever root for any other skool is if them

Mar 19, 2018, 3:10 PM

winning helps Clemson in some way.

And whoever is playing the tar cheat holes . . . .

NO PROBLEM not pulling for anyone other than Clemson - brackets be ###### - don't care.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Anyone but the Tar Holes

Mar 19, 2018, 3:12 PM

I detest them with every fiber in my bones. That L they took yesterday made me celebrate almost like the Tiger W. They are the biggest sham in college sports.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, Anyone but the Tar Holes***

Mar 19, 2018, 6:18 PM

There are other ACC schools?***

Mar 19, 2018, 6:08 PM

Mar 19, 2018, 6:36 PM

I take pride in our conference doing well but it's a Catch 22 for me.
I'm usually on the fence, actually going back and forth concerning who I'm pulling for.
Of course, there's always the games that will behoove our Tigers if the heels, dukie's, etc. win. RPI and such.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm schizo when it comes to other ACC teams.

Mar 19, 2018, 7:11 PM

I certainly don't live vicariously through any ACC opponent, nor do I feel that Clemson shares in any way any victory or championship by any other ACC team. I fully, totally understand how the success of other ACC teams can drive some potential recruits to those opponents, and enhance their own success. I love seeing Rat Face, Huckleberry Hound, and their crybaby players having to deal with less biased refs who don't see everything through the Tobacco Road carnival lens; it never bothers me to see them humbled or humiliated. At the same time, playing in an elite conference with elite competition can be and often is attractive to recruits, and winning in the ACC still carries some weight with many opinion-shapers. To that extent a good ACC helps us. Plus, as another poster has mentioned, it depends on who the teams are, as I hate some coaches and teams from other conferences worse than than I hate some ACC coaches.

In the end, my main concern is Clemson, and the more we win, the more irrelevant everybody else becomes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Never pull for the heels, Duke basketball but like for

Mar 19, 2018, 11:39 PM

the other schools to be successful because the better the conference does the more money that comes to Clemson. People that are paranoid about pulling for conference schools are that way because of the coots IMO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,665
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic