Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another "why CDS is THE BEST" . . . from Saturday . . .
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Another "why CDS is THE BEST" . . . from Saturday . . .

Sep 4, 2018, 10:44 AM

for those with the attention span of a newt:

OUR Coach is the BEST because he hugs children on their birthday.

THE REST of the story:

Tiger Walk - Saturday, September 1st - 4000 degrees Celsius - about 2/3rds of the way through the walk - so pretty dang close to the team getting into the AC at The West Zone.

There is a family across the other side from where we were standing with a youngster - looked to be about 12 to 14 years old - holding a well-made sign that said

"All I want for my birthday is a hug from Coach Swinney" . . . .

15 minutes later - here come the cheerleaders & the big Paw Flag and right behind them is Coach.

Dabo's SMILING and looking people in the eyes and high fiving & it is pure pandemonium - everybody keeps pushing in closer & closer and he is just loving every minute of it.

He gets to the sign and is facing the other side - so his back is to the sign. Somehow or another he turns around & stops & reads the sign and throws his arms up in the air and grabs that youngster and puts them in a sure-fire almighty strangling bear hug for several seconds.

The family is busting at the seams & I'm not sure who was more excited - that birthday kid or our Coach.

It was amazing to see.

Clemson Family - nothing like it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic