Topic: Another first for me
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jul 8, 2020 5:06 PM by: BengalBilly
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Another first for me

emoji_events [14]
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 9:24 AM

Headed up the Intercoastal yesterday going to Southport for a late lunch. Guess we need to turn around. Phone pic doesn't do justice, was pretty scary. My first live spout.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Whoa Jimmy!

[4]
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 10:09 AM

I was boating in the area 2 weeks ago and that would have scared the heck out of me!

Instead, for me, it was dozens of huge boats gunning up the ICW bumper to bumper like dolphins & causing huge wakes that chased me in my tiny 14’ Whaler JET over to the soft edges of shore water so to keep a smooth ride and survive.

LoL

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: Whoa Jimmy!

[4]
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 10:46 AM

I hear ya LBB. We were in a 26' tritoon and while it offers little cover from the elements it takes even large wakes pretty good.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

I know what uou mean...this one ran up on me on the Wando

[2]
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 9:07 PM

a couple of years ago...not fun at all!

2020 white level member

Re: Another first for me

[1]
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 9:52 PM

I have seen a lot of spouts. Seen them on Santee lakes a few times. But the most impressive was 5-6yrs ago I was fishing in the Keys, was just within sight of land so 10-14mi offshore and looking at the Keys you could watch 5 spouts all at the same time. I think we saw 8 different ones that day. It was crazy to watch.

Then in 2017, we were trolling for Marlin off the hump in Grand Caymans and we had a spout pop up right on top of us, drove straight through it. I'm guessing close to 100mph winds for 20seconds. We had glass sucked out of cabin door and crap blew everywhere inside. Anything that could move in seemed like it did, we had a mess. We were in troll mode so there was no time to get lines in and buttoned down. Pretty crazy! We had some small hail smack us but we all complained of same thing, all of our ears popped from pressure changed so fast. That was an experience, then we watched spin on of for couple miles and fell apart.

I still remember the time I saw my first water spouts

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 5:06 PM

over Mobile bay.

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 in Sec UC row T and 2 on row S asking 1150 each, email if interested.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
1293 people have read this post