Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Amici, ItsUrWiener, Charleston Sports Bar, 4 Paws
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Amici, ItsUrWiener, Charleston Sports Bar, 4 Paws

Aug 21, 2018, 8:44 AM

These are some of the new food establishments around Clemson this year. So what's the verdict on them so far?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amici is good

Aug 21, 2018, 9:30 AM

Want to go to ItsUrWiener but not gone yet.

Did not know about Charleston Sports Bar, I think it is taking over the old wingin it place downtown

4 Paws? There once was a bar in Clemson named 4 Paws, did it come back like Study Hall? Looks like it took over where Beef O'Bradys was

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Charleston Sports Pub took over Wingin it (formerly bad

Aug 21, 2018, 11:24 AM

apple). Haven't been there yet, but definitely plan to check it out next weekend!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amici is good

Aug 21, 2018, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Amici is good ]

I know the owner of the new 4PAWs and he had some connection with the old 4PAWs owner. The original sign from the old 4PAWs is in the new place. But that’s the only connection I know of (I got this from one of the current co-owners. I haven’t talked to the guy I know. So there may be a deeper connection).

I was kinda a regular at the old 4PAWs so I’m glad to see another of the old namesakes back in Clemson. I’m hopeful the “BookStore” will return one day, and the Study Hall will return to beer and food focused theme.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amici, ItsUrWiener, Charleston Sports Bar, 4 Paws

Aug 21, 2018, 12:30 PM

4Paws seems to have the best potential. Eaten there once but it seems the quality and the variety of the menu has great potential (however, they just opened so service may be inconsistent for a little while). I rank it the best of the 4 new places.

Itsurwiener has a terrible ad strategy (don't mix potty humor with food) but I'm a hot dog lover and again, I've only gone once (They have not been opened long either), but they have a good set up (Clean and spacious. but the building floor plan makes the layout a little awkward) and they have more than just hotdogs/sausages (a pretty good menu). I had the Keilbasa and it was almost as good as the one NICKS had back in the day, and a pretty good beer selection. I'd rank this 2nd.

AMICI: Great Location. Great design and layout. The food is confusing; everything seems to have a little twist to it (hamburger has pizza spices in it, pizzas are good but not great (they sell by the slice which is positive), salads have good descriptions but aren't impressive in how they are assembled). Service is very inconsistent bordering on neglectful. I'd rank this last but I haven't been to the Charleston Sports Pub.

Charleston Sports pub just opened menu doesnt look great location is basically the same as it was as "Wing'n It". So No Comment.

Loose Change has the best food downtown (has declined a bit over the last year). Service has also stepped down since Chandler and one of the long time Waitress's left, but they're still my favorite for food.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks for the reviews

Aug 21, 2018, 1:26 PM

I think each place has good potential and am hoping they become successful. Better to have established places than a constant rotation

Aug 21, 2018, 1:26 PM

Supposedly Sidewall is coming which will be great pizza.

Aug 21, 2018, 1:31 PM

It's going where Thaiger Cafe and the old Arby's were - should be open soon.

Amici is pretty darn good - agreed with the other poster, the menu is interesting to say the least but i enjoyed it. Try the pasta salad.

Doesn't matter...not backstreets.***

Aug 21, 2018, 4:08 PM

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic