Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After The Digging Was Immediately Stopped ---
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,818

After The Digging Was Immediately Stopped ---

Sep 22, 2019, 12:21 PM

With all the tall receivers we are blessed to have.....if we ever do a hail mary play I think we would have a 70% of coming down with the ball.

Also reserved players that we ever wonder about sometimes got to play. I think this 4 game window to play potential redshirt players is really working out. Once a big lead is developed the right thing is being done on a consistent basis by letting the reserves get some licks in and get some grass on thosr uniforms.
Lol.

Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After The Digging Was Immediately Stopped ---

Sep 22, 2019, 12:26 PM

I'm wondering if Mellusi and Mikey will red shirt. I would have thought one might play in one game and the other one in the next. Then you'd have coverage for 8 games. They are coming up on 4 games if not there now so maybe they are going to play the full year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 12:33 PM

One of the two needs to play IMO as Rencher (a great leader and teammate by all accounts) is not a D1 talent. Wish he were but he is not and we will need three quality backs over the long season

Sep 22, 2019, 12:37 PM

I don't believe either will redshirt. Would be beneficial to all to have them for four full years starting now.

Sep 22, 2019, 12:44 PM

Really like Dukes change of direction. Especially helpful on plays that aren't blocked perfectly!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 1:16 PM

Plus Dukes is suppose to be good catching balls coming out of the backfield and that is always a good thing when a DC game plan is to shut down the running, with Dukes, it isn't that much of a risk throwing him the ball with an attempt to get the ball in his hands in space, and I think that I read that Mellusi is more of a straight up RB with good vision and cutting ability.

It looks as if they don't list recruits 40 times anymore. So who is supposed to be the fastest of the two Dukes or Mellusi?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd like to see us try a couple in the fourth quarter just

Sep 22, 2019, 2:44 PM

to test out your theory.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,818
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic