Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A 8 seed playoff system.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

A 8 seed playoff system.

Oct 21, 2017, 10:58 PM

Should we be for it or against it. At this point there are a lot of deserving teams out there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Waters down the regular season.***

Oct 21, 2017, 11:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I don't think so.

Oct 21, 2017, 11:02 PM

It's already only about the playoffs now. This season regular season will end making it even more obvious why we need more teams is my call.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8 team playoff means two loss teams in the conversation

Oct 21, 2017, 11:05 PM

To me that's a watered down regular season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I respect yur opinion, but I think it...

Oct 21, 2017, 11:10 PM

will make the regular season even more important for more teams. It will raise intensity.

For it and it is needed.***

Oct 21, 2017, 11:00 PM

Re: A 8 seed playoff system.

Oct 21, 2017, 11:03 PM

Having 1 loss wouldn't matter as much as it does now.

What about a 6 team playoff where the top two seeds get a first round bye.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would work.*****

Oct 21, 2017, 11:10 PM

We already almost have it with conf title games and

a 4 team playoff.

Just make winning the conference game a requirement

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We already almost have it with conf title games and

Oct 21, 2017, 11:35 PM

Penn State says hi. Lol

Re: A 8 seed playoff system. Against

Oct 21, 2017, 11:12 PM

for elite teams. Dont water it down. Hoops has shown no matter how many you have someone will always have gripe for being leftout

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2017, 11:14 PM

orange,suger,cotton,rose bowls

No way! All you really need is to make sure that

Oct 21, 2017, 11:52 PM

the top two teams are part of the 4 team play-off to find the best team in the country. The cost of going to a conference championship game and then 3 playoff games is going to be cost prohibitive for most fans. Bad idea in my opinion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

first round at home for higher ranked team.***

Oct 22, 2017, 12:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

8 Teams isn't fast and it isn't slow, it's about halffast.

Oct 22, 2017, 12:44 AM

We need a 64 team playoff. Four conferences, four pods in each conference and four teams in each pod. Pod winners play a four team playoff and the conference winners play the final four.

Expanding to 8 teams will cause the kids to have to give up too much to participate because it will be held post season. That's just crazy. The four team playoff we have now is bad enough. You can't ask a student athlete to play 16 games. That's selfish and inconsiderate, imo.

Slam the entire playoff in the regular season and let the kids spend down time while school is out for Christmas. To hail with turning them into professionals while they are still teenagers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 8 Teams isn't fast and it isn't slow, it's about halffast.

Oct 22, 2017, 3:42 AM

To make the cost easier on the fans in an 8 team playoff you could have the first 4 games played at the higher ranked teams’ home field. Then the 4 winners go play at neutral sites in traditional bowl games.

Oct 22, 2017, 8:58 AM

I'd be for it, for the simple reason that it would push the NC game up another week where it would then be played MLK weekend, after high school winter exams.

Only fair way to choose a champion

Oct 22, 2017, 9:00 AM

in a division with more than four conferences.

4 is correct.***

Oct 22, 2017, 9:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oct 22, 2017, 9:32 AM

I'm probably in the minority on this subject and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if I had a vote it would be for only a 2 team championship game. It's very rare for more than two teams to finish the season undefeated - and that's the only time more than 2 teams makes sense to me. Any team that loses a game during the season hasn't done everything they should have to earn a shot at the championship and is relying on voters to give them a chance. Changing the number of teams only shifts the line where teams are crying because they were left out. IMO it's not fair for an undefeated team to have to continue proving themselves in the post-season by taking shots from numerous teams that didn't earn it on the field during the season. 15 games is too many as it is for college students to have to play. Just one man's opinion.

Oct 22, 2017, 11:50 AM

Eight team playoff makes sense if:
-Allow one controlled scrimmage for each team with another D-I school.
-Cut regular season to 11 games removing a D-II game.
-No conferences just five D-I divisions add Notre Dame to have a equal # of teams in each division
-No Conference Championship Games needed
-Five division winners and three wild cards determined by CFB committee.
- Four Bowl games equal quarter finals
- Then same as it is now with Semi-Final and Championship game
This could work and cut travel costs for teams and fans by playing teams closer to home in your division.

Example of one division:

Clemson
South Carolina
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Florida
Florida State
Miami
North Carolina
NC State
Wake Forrest
Duke
Virginia
Virginia Tech

This would create some true rivalries in each division.

We went to 4 to make sure you get the best 2. I think 4 is great***

Oct 22, 2017, 12:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 22, 2017, 12:11 PM

We can't play football year round. If its 8, immediately talk will begin about it needing to be 16.

Then why even do 4?

Oct 22, 2017, 12:26 PM

Is it impossible to stop where we want? Maybe we should get rid of the playoff? I think we could expand to 8 and never budge, but if we can't control ourselves, maybe we should get rid of the 4 team playoff as well, because people ask for 8.

For it. Literally every other level of football

Oct 22, 2017, 12:31 PM

In America has more than a 4 team playoff. There is no valid argument for the 4 team playoff, unless you’re one of the people who thinks the Meineke Car Care bowl means something. Bowl games are only exhibition games with trophies. I could care less if we lose “history” by tossing those out.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic