Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
8 Bowl games have been canceled thus far BUT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

8 Bowl games have been canceled thus far BUT

Nov 29, 2020, 2:03 PM

There are still THIRTY-FOUR more on schedule not even counting the playoffs! If nothing else, this should be a year used to trim some of these trash bowls off the schedule permanently. Used to be a bowl was a reward for a special season. Now just about every team that plays the sport gets to go. I guess those of you who say "more college football is better" and enjoy watching UL Monroe play Toledo on a random December Tuesday, I got nothing for ya.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t have a problem with it. Here’s why

Nov 29, 2020, 2:24 PM

If you make it to a bowl, you get more practice time to develop your backups than other teams that don’t make it to a bowl don’t get. Recall Kyle Parker to Tajh Boyd progression in the Belk Bowl or whatever it was called.
Hopefully we don’t stoop to that level again though

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Was it still the Continental Tire Bowl in 2010?

Nov 29, 2020, 5:28 PM

??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 8 Bowl games have been canceled thus far BUT

Nov 29, 2020, 2:28 PM

Ive yet to find a down side to having So.Miss vs Fresno State ss opposed to Milwaukee Bucks vs L.A. Clippers on ESPN

Wow. Salient point sir. TU.***

Nov 29, 2020, 2:30 PM

This comes up every year

Nov 29, 2020, 3:01 PM

And for the life of me I can't understand folks clamoring for less football to watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, no one is watching those games anyway.

Nov 29, 2020, 3:15 PM

If you can honestly tell me youre planning to watch the, and this is the honest to God name: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl between Houston and UTSA on December 19, then more power to ya sir. Youll be one of the few non-alums watching it.

It will likely be on my TV

Nov 29, 2020, 3:33 PM

Chances are it won't be a good game, but it is infinitely more likely to be a good game if it's played then if it's not. And I'll take ANY college football on my TV over most else thats on TV in those time slots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It will likely be on my TV

Nov 29, 2020, 3:55 PM

Agreed!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: It will likely be on my TV

Nov 29, 2020, 4:58 PM [ in reply to It will likely be on my TV ]

I couldn’t have said it better. Well done sir.

If I can I’ll watch the two worst division 3 teams play. College football is by far the best sport and there needs to be more of it, not less.

I've watched way less games than normal this year

Nov 29, 2020, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Well, no one is watching those games anyway. ]

Clemson, a few NC State games, a few other ACC games and that's about it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I AM NOW!

Nov 29, 2020, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Well, no one is watching those games anyway. ]

First I’ve heard of it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, no one is watching those games anyway.

Nov 29, 2020, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Well, no one is watching those games anyway. ]

PioneerG said:

If you can honestly tell me youre planning to watch the, and this is the honest to God name: Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl between Houston and UTSA on December 19, then more power to ya sir. Youll be one of the few non-alums watching it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2020, 3:36 PM

Give ALL teams more practice time. Cut the bowls down to about 12+playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why?

Nov 29, 2020, 3:38 PM

What harm is there in football on TV?

Re: Why?

Nov 29, 2020, 5:14 PM

For me, a bowl game should be a reward for a superior regular season.

When there are so many bowls that every team with a .500 record goes, they aren’t worth playing.

It is analogous to the “participation trophy” argument we have in kids sports these days. If everyone gets to play in a bowl, then playing in a bowl becomes meaningless.

I’d much rather see some sort of real scheduled pre-season games in August as a tune up for the season, than an anticlimactic snooze fest in Shrieveport In December.

This is Johnso st my personal perspective.

Has anyone ever confused a participation...

Nov 29, 2020, 5:19 PM

....trophy with the national championship trophy?

Has anyone confused a midweek/mid December bowl for a NY6 or playoff game?

Give me more football, not less.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Why?

Nov 29, 2020, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Why? ]

"For me, a bowl game should be a reward for a superior regular season."

A bowl team doesn't even need to have a "superior" season...but how about requiring they have at least a "winning" season?

Watching some of these 50-50 teams play in a bowl is like watching people with a 150 average bowl.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See, thats exactly it. Bowls are no longer a reward at all.

Nov 29, 2020, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Why? ]

They are just a +1 to your season schedule. You guys can say give me more college football but I bet a benjamin yall are not watching these garbage games.

Nov 29, 2020, 5:41 PM

I personally love bowl season! In my opinion, more football is always a positive!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2020, 7:15 PM

Maybe it's just me but the two semifinal games are still bowls but they kind of lose their identity as a bowl when they host a CFP game. For example seems like no one calls it the Orange,Cotton,Sugar, Fiesta but the "semifinal" or the "playoff" game.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic