Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2seconds
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

2seconds

Mar 8, 2014, 6:58 PM

ruined the entire season. YOU NEVER throw the ball in under the basket in a situation such as that. Toss it to the other end. The clock starts when ANYONE touches the ball. I can live with getting beat by a 70 foot shot not by one my 10 Year old grandson can make. There is not a coach or team in America who would do that....except one

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It didn't "ruin" the entire season... they are still going

Mar 8, 2014, 7:00 PM

to play in the post-season and have a chance to get to 20 wins (which is definitely not something most thought was possible). Even if we had won today and then won a couple in the ACCT, there was no guarantee we'd even have been in the Dance...

GO TIGERS

No it didn't ruin the season, but don't give me that

Mar 8, 2014, 7:04 PM

postseason crap. There's only one true Div I postseason and we aren't gonna be in it (barring miracle ACCT championship). I could hardly care less about what happens in the NIT.

And FWIW i don't think this was BB's fault either.

Tell that to UVA last year.

Mar 8, 2014, 7:07 PM

They used the NIT to bounce into this season on. Building a program is a process and the NIT is part of that process.

What? There's no evidence to prove that that helps at all.

Mar 8, 2014, 7:13 PM

Maryland made it one round further in the NIT than UVA last year, how has that helped them?

Baylor won the NIT last year and they are having almost an identical season this year.

Each team is different, but it's not pointless

Mar 8, 2014, 8:25 PM

If your team is young and inexperienced in postseason play, playing in the NIT is VERY important.

So you would rather cry over this loss and quit

Mar 8, 2014, 8:32 PM [ in reply to What? There's no evidence to prove that that helps at all. ]

Than get the extra practice, extra exposure, and potential extra home game(s) that an NIT berth brings?

In my book, more games is always better than no more games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, not at all. I'm saying the NIT is not the postseason

Mar 8, 2014, 9:04 PM

and nobody should try to spin it like it is. If we don't win the ACCT the season is effectively over and all games beyond that are glorified scrimmages.

Scrimmages are still good for the team, i just don't care much about them as a fan.

I can accept that...and agree to disagree

Mar 8, 2014, 9:14 PM

If Clemson is playing, I am emotionally invested - even if it isa "glorified scrimmage". So how do you feel about the Belk bowl?

With your logic

Mar 8, 2014, 9:20 PM [ in reply to No, not at all. I'm saying the NIT is not the postseason ]

Every game other than the National Championship in football is pointless for recruiting, tradition, and pride too.

Guess that LSU game was a "glorified scrimmage" and that's why they lost, right?

Luckily football is beginning to change, but right now

Mar 8, 2014, 9:54 PM

nearly 20% of division 1 basketball teams make it into the NCAAT vs 2/120 (1.67%) that get a chance to play for the football championship. With the championship so ridiculously exclusive the bigger bowls are all that most teams ever get. BCS bowls often have teams playing in them that could compete for a national championship. The NIT is mostly .500 squads. It would be like having a football tournament for teams that missed out on bowl games....

It is the postseason. But it's not prestigious

Mar 8, 2014, 10:51 PM [ in reply to No, not at all. I'm saying the NIT is not the postseason ]

Using the football analogy, think of it as bowl practice. Dabo and most College coaches think playing in ANY bowl game is important because it allows for extra practice time with the team. The NIT allows coaches and players extra time to develop during a time when they usually aren't allowed. That is beyond invaluable for an inexperienced team like Clemson.

No one will care who wins the NIT, much like no one cares who wins the belk bowl--except for fans of the teams playing.

Are you saying you didn't care as a fan when Clemson Football was playing in the crappy bowls? I doubt it. The experience gained by the team in those lesser bowls directly led them to playing better and ultimately allowed them a chance to play in the BCS. Same thing is true for the NIT. Cheer on the team and enjoy the process of building a consistent winner. This all or nothing attitude is myopic.

south carolina also won back to back NITs and that

Mar 8, 2014, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Tell that to UVA last year. ]

pushed them into. . .nothing

So they would be better off than they are now

Mar 8, 2014, 9:18 PM

If they had just told the NIT "thanks, but no thanks"? I don't buy that.

Those two NITs are what made it possible for them to hire FRANK EFFIN MARTIN.

no, Im just saying the NIT doesn't do #### for next season***

Mar 8, 2014, 10:55 PM

It's not a cause and effect

Mar 8, 2014, 11:07 PM

just like shooting 1000 shots doesn't make you Larry Bird. But it's impossible to argue against additional practice and development for a young team.

Why do you think we took the trip to Italy this past summer? The teams we were playing were worse than most high school teams, but Brownell and the players all say it was a very important trip in the process of building the team. The NIT is that, but with better teams.

Re: 2seconds

Mar 8, 2014, 9:07 PM

Well, I agree and to make matters worse we ran the same inbound formation and tried the same play 2 times in a row. The only play is the long rainbow pass Game over.

Mar 8, 2014, 9:12 PM

I agree 100%! I would fire myself if I was Brownell!

Mar 8, 2014, 9:25 PM

another pathetic Chicken fan too embarrassed by his school to get a real screen name.

null

How is Frank Martin working out for ya?***

Mar 8, 2014, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: 2seconds ]

Go pull for another team then...

Mar 8, 2014, 10:56 PM

if you don't like Clemson, we don't need you. By the way Roper was fouled on the inbound play. The pitt player went up and down before he shot the ball, which is a walk. And the ball didn't leave his hands until time expired.

QUIT MAKING EXCUSES FOR ACC REFS!!!!!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic