»
Topic: 2019 OL prospects
Replies: 4   Last Post: Oct 19, 2018 9:59 AM by: BornATiger13
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

2019 OL prospects

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 9:15 AM

What OL prospects are we still recruiting and who do we have the best chances with?

Love seeing that Webb is coming Saturday even though that may be an uphill battle.

Re: 2019 OL prospects

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 9:31 AM

We seem like we are going after so few we dont have room to miss on many. I love how much better we recruit but this position grouping this year is feeling Bowden-esque recruiting wise. And we know how that played

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

I have no inside info...

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 9:35 AM

But I trust our coaches. They have been doing pretty well lately, don’t you agree?

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Re: I have no inside info...

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 9:53 AM

I certainly trust them as well. Just seems the board is getting slim at the top anyway.

By all accounts

[1]
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 9:59 AM

We have struggled with taking the right numbers. We grossly underestimated the attrition and only took 13 last year when we could’ve easily taken 15-17. Needed another OL at least and another safety at least.

Fast forward to this year where we need at least 4 OL and we’ve got 1 in the fold, have missed on several priority targets, are in it with Webb but in all likelihood he doesn’t end up here, aren’t in particularly great shape for Wright.

Overall, I’d agree our recruiting is in good position and I like the talent we’re bringing in, but the recruiting and numbers of OL getting late in the process is a concern.

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
563 people have read this post