Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2009 ACC Championship Clemson vs GT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,516

2009 ACC Championship Clemson vs GT

Oct 23, 2017, 10:41 AM

This game is right up there with my worst overall experience watching Clemson. Crappy, just crappy overcast day with cold wind whipping across the tailgate. The girlfriend got sick 10 minutes before kickoff and spent the entire game sleeping in the car. We choked after an exceptional beginning. Long drive back to Orlando after the game. Sucked!

From Wiki:

"In the 2009 season, both teams won their respective division in the ACC. For the first time in the series' history, the two teams met for a second time in a season on December 5, 2009 in the ACC Championship Game. The game marked the first ever December meeting between the two teams, as well as the first post-season meeting. It was also the first time the series has been played outside of Atlanta or Clemson since 1899. Georgia Tech won 39–34; however, the NCAA later vacated the last 3 games of Georgia Tech's 2009 season along with the ACC Championship. The NCAA determined that starting WR Demaryius Thomas should have been ruled ineligible ahead of the previous game for accepting $312 worth of clothing from a potential agent. While the offense was minor, and the individual never proven to be an agent and the clothing returned, the NCAA ruled that Georgia Tech's athletic department had prepared the players prior to submitting statements, and was generally uncooperative with the NCAA investigation. Therefore, all games following the alleged offense have been vacated, including the 2009 ACC championship game with Clemson."

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I keep hitting F5 but

Oct 23, 2017, 10:44 AM

pigs of girlfriend not loading

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

shout out to D Rad for being uncooperative with the NCAA

Oct 23, 2017, 10:56 AM

Turned out to be a good strategy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2009 ACC Championship Clemson vs GT

I think there are a slew of Clemson/GT games on ESPN Classic today.

BTW....time for you to hit 7,000 TU's!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I take solace in the fact that GT had to vacate the win***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I don't, they beat us on the field....I don't care what the

Oct 23, 2017, 12:24 PM

lawyers say

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But that kid sold a t-shirt! That changes the score!***

Oct 23, 2017, 1:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I don't understand how someone can lose eligibility over a

Oct 23, 2017, 12:23 PM

sweater and cause a Conference Championship to be vacated and yet another conference member can maintain eligibility by taking fake classes and have nothing vacated...What am I missing here?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, you see, the member with the fake classes

Oct 23, 2017, 12:47 PM

wears blue. But not just blue, a certain light shade of blue that the ACC Commish likes. They also have a hoops program that a lot of people like and watch during March madness, which generates green for the NCAA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,516
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic