Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
~ Time for a Perspective talk - The Clemson Football Program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 680

~ Time for a Perspective talk - The Clemson Football Program

Oct 23, 2013, 9:49 AM

We are still a roller coaster and its Wednesday. Let's get down to some basics here and get a little perspective.

Lets put ourselves in December of 2010. We are in absolute disbelief as we just lost our 7th game of the season to USF in the Toilet Bowl.

Someone walks up to us and says,

This is bad, but I have an offer for you...
Over then next 2.5 years, I will give you an ACC Championship, two 10+ win seasons that will include victories over LSU, Georgia, and three wins over Virginia Tech. At one point you will be ranked as high as 3rd in the polls. Gameday will visit Clemson twice in one season.
The bad is you lose two more to SCar and there will be two blowout losses on the big stage.

Take the deal or leave it?

While there is no excuse for the coaching staff/preparation mistakes that led us to the blowouts of the OB and the FSU game, (and we should have won at least 2 of the 4 losses to SCar,) the program is getting better. And as long as we continue to trend upward, we have to be a little more patient with the bumps/growing pains that come along the way.
It does not mean we sunshine pump them or accept them without complaint, but let us be thankful for the steps we have made and the seemingly brighter future ahead of us.

Because I think a large % of us, sitting in the cold of Charlotte that bleak December day in 2010, would have taken that deal in a heart beat.

So lets watch and see what the staff/team does to get us out of the funk and let the season play out. If it all goes to crap and we arent trending upward anymore, then the discussion will be on.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your perspective is appreciated

Oct 23, 2013, 9:54 AM

and spot on.

We have a chance to win 10 games for the third straight season. We have a chance to finish in the top-5. We have a chance to win a big-time bowl game. And we are recruiting at the highest level I can remember. This program is in good hands and headed in the right direction.

There will be some losses along the way, but come on folks, we aren't losing to Duke and Wake here. We are losing to top-10 teams, and we are beating our share of them, too.

ALL IN!!! GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

17-3 going on 18-3 over the last season and a half.

Oct 23, 2013, 9:57 AM

10-4 2011
11-2 2012
12-1? 2013

23-3 at the end of the year over a 2 year period and 33-7 over 3 years?

Perspective.

The last 20 years there is NO comparison.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of perspective this week is like talking about

Oct 23, 2013, 10:02 AM

the bliss of marriage right after being left at the altar.

It still stings too much for most.

But you are right. We are better now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...but

Oct 23, 2013, 10:02 AM

All of us would agree that things are indeed looking up.
the only issue, in my opinion, is the nature of the losses.
Huge stage(Orange Bowl/Sat nite).
Nature: Massive blowouts
Worst of all: 4 in a row
Every team loses. If we would lose 30-14 no one would notice(except us).
70-33? Ugh
51-14?
I like where we are going. Our trip has just had some very large speed bumps.
12-1 is very possible.

Re: ~ Time for a Perspective talk - The Clemson Football Program

Oct 23, 2013, 10:03 AM

Thank you, and there is lots of area for concern in the short term with the recent offensive struggles, and the long term with the games where we just dont look prepared. But I think its important that we talk about the whole picture and the real key...

Are we getting better or worse?

If we are trending better as a program, then be patient. If we start trending worse, then its a different conversation.. that is all I am saying.

Replies: 5
| visibility 680
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic