Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kavanaugh will not be confirmed.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 689

Kavanaugh will not be confirmed.

Oct 3, 2018, 3:04 PM

The Republicans won't have enough votes.

His performance at the hearing doomed him.

Trump mocking Ford last night sealed it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I highly doubt the President's words...

Oct 3, 2018, 3:06 PM

though disappointing they may be, will affect the vote, nor should it. That is about the President, not Kavanaugh. The judge did not mock Dr. Ford in this way, and should not be held liable for the President doing so.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His performance at the hearing is the only reason...

Oct 3, 2018, 3:10 PM

he's got a chance. Such an odd diversion of perception after that hearing. I don't see why Trump's behavior should have anything to do with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His performance at the hearing is the only reason...

Oct 3, 2018, 3:13 PM

Making the accusation that this was "all a smear campaign to get revenge for the Clinton's" wasn't his finest moment.

Which isn't exactly what he said

Oct 3, 2018, 3:35 PM

He listed that as among the motivations he sees for a smear campaign.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So he said it as an accusation about the hearing, yes?

Oct 3, 2018, 3:54 PM

how is that different than how Felix interpreted it?

Because he didn't say it was all a smear campaign...

Oct 3, 2018, 4:01 PM

on behalf of the Clintons. He said this: "This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit, fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election, fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record, revenge on behalf of the Clintons, and millions of dollars in money from outside left-wing opposition groups."

That’s just as bad.***

Oct 3, 2018, 4:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That’s just as bad.***

Oct 3, 2018, 4:08 PM

But it's all true. He left out the fear that he will help over turn Roe vs Wade. That can us the Left's greatest fear.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or worse.

Oct 3, 2018, 4:08 PM [ in reply to That’s just as bad.*** ]

I don't understand what point Cam is trying to make here.

It seems pretty obviously true***

Oct 3, 2018, 4:09 PM [ in reply to That’s just as bad.*** ]

it makes him sound like a partisan operative, not a judge

Oct 3, 2018, 4:11 PM

which is pretty obviously true as well...

I sure have heard partisan operative used a lot in the....

Oct 3, 2018, 4:38 PM

last couple of days. That in the DNC mailer you got?

He's not, nor has he ever been a partisan operative. Anyone that says otherwise doesn't know what the term means.

I guess we see what we want to see***

Oct 3, 2018, 4:51 PM

what makes him a political operative in your opinion?***

Oct 3, 2018, 4:51 PM

That statement makes him sound like one***

Oct 3, 2018, 4:59 PM

thinking that it's a smear campaign....

Oct 3, 2018, 5:03 PM

as retribution for Trump winning, etc... makes him a political operative?

I'll put you in the camp of not knowing what the term means.

It certainly makes him sound like one, yes.

Oct 3, 2018, 5:23 PM

as does him bringing up "borking" which is a conservative talking point.

Did he ever provide evidence for any of these accusations or was he content on just assuming them to be true?

He is a conservative judge, he worked for Bush and for conservative causes, and the ABA downgraded him to simply "qualified" because of questions it had regarding his temperament and possible bias.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/28/american-bar-association-had-kavanaugh-concerns-years-ago-republicans-dismissed-those-too/?utm_term=.24dad38cc3d7

His diatribe opening statement only seems to confirm what the ABA was worried about doesn't it?

Re: It certainly makes him sound like one, yes.

Oct 3, 2018, 5:28 PM

It also took him 3 years to get confirmed as a Federal Judge.

Borking is not a talking point....

Oct 3, 2018, 7:29 PM [ in reply to It certainly makes him sound like one, yes. ]

It's the name invoked when describing someone being railed.

Question....do you really not believe the holding of the letter and not bringing it up during the hearing isn't a political hit job?

He clerked for judges, he worked in the independent council office, and he was an assistant to Bush II...that does not make him a political operative.

It's a reference to Robert Bork's nomination

Oct 3, 2018, 8:32 PM

https://www.vox.com/2018/9/26/17896126/bork-kavanaugh-supreme-court-conservatives-republicans

As the ABA says, he's certainly "qualified" but not "well qualified" and they questioned his temperament and possible bias. Both of which seemed to be confirmed during his testimony.

Lol....yes, I know what it means***

Oct 3, 2018, 9:03 PM

If he didn't do it...

Oct 3, 2018, 4:12 PM [ in reply to It seems pretty obviously true*** ]

if he did do it, I'd move the attempted ###### up on his list of motivations for taking him down.

But maybe that's just me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which just further illustrates the partisan nature of this

Oct 3, 2018, 4:26 PM

At least partly because there was no corroborating evidence of Ford's claim. Maybe that's why Feinstein sat on the letter until after the initial hearing and never said anything about it. Or, perhaps, Feinstein sat on it because of Ford's request for privacy. But, then, why did somebody leak it? The whole process through which the Ford accusation became public suggests partisanship, even if the accusation is true.

But that's setting aside the gang rape and Deborah Ramirez accusation, neither of which should've ever been paid much attention to.

As far as the "if he didn't do it" part, wouldn't we expect someone who's claiming he didn't do it to say things somebody would say who didn't do it?

Pretty sure it's the guilty ones who

Oct 3, 2018, 4:34 PM

accuse the police of conspiracy against them during the questioning. Pretty much EVERY client I have ever represented who ranted about conspiracies and vendettas against them when confronted with accusations during questioning was lying their ### off.

Watching the post hearing re-trenching with this thing has been interesting. Some people even said, "I went to bed believing what she said, and wracked my brain to figure it all out, and this morning I realized that she's probably not truthful."

That's like an incredibly lucent retelling of cognitive dissonance taking over a person's belief system.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

man, that's weak....

Oct 3, 2018, 4:41 PM

you put yourself in his place and assuming you are innocent, just about anyone would have reacted the same way. I would be suspicious if otherwise.

But wait, he reacted meekly on Fox news

Oct 3, 2018, 9:12 PM

So....suspicious?

I’m telling you, this guy was a lawyer and a judge, that outrage was fake. If it was real, it wouldn’t have happened right after Trump apparently said he looked weak on Fox.

And I’m telling you people get defensive for a reason.

Lol....ok***

Oct 3, 2018, 11:02 PM

In this case, is it even a "conspiracy"?

Oct 3, 2018, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Pretty sure it's the guilty ones who ]

Your clients are not really comparable to this situation. We're talking about completely uncorroborated claims being treated as true. The increasingly partisan nature of these hearing on Supreme Court nominations, and the actions of the Democrats on the committee, would suggest to anybody who thinks Kavanaugh is innocent that partisanship played a role in these accusations being taken seriously. Indeed, as I said, even if you think the Ford allegation is true, the way it was handled by Feinstein et al. suggests a partisan process.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

I disagree, they say all the same things

Oct 3, 2018, 9:15 PM

Kavanaugh did - just about the “system” not Kavanaugh.

Admittedly off topic, but I assume you’re not a big fan of BLM then?***

Oct 3, 2018, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Pretty sure it's the guilty ones who ]

null

Hey Joe....If Kavanaugh is telling the truth re: Dr Ford....

Oct 3, 2018, 4:33 PM [ in reply to That’s just as bad.*** ]

then isn't this statement correct....given how it was held for 2 months by Feinstein?

Hey everybody....Felix has a political opinion....

Oct 3, 2018, 3:11 PM

come on inside and let's see what BS he's pumping today.....

Re: Hey everybody....Felix has a political opinion....

Oct 3, 2018, 3:14 PM

Why Flow my friend, are you suggesting that my biased opinion is any less valuable than your biased opinion?

Or do you only want to hear from those who agree with you? :)

Re: Hey everybody....Felix has a political opinion....

Oct 3, 2018, 3:33 PM

Flow would use 250 words to say what could be said in 25 and think that makes his opinion more valuable.

^^ been taken to the wood shed too many times on here :)***

Oct 3, 2018, 4:29 PM

I love having discussions with folks that have...

Oct 3, 2018, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey everybody....Felix has a political opinion.... ]

differing opinions, as long as they're well reasoned.

You....well....I'll just leave it at that.

Re: Kavanaugh will not be confirmed.

Oct 3, 2018, 3:41 PM

I have been saying this since Friday. Kavanaugh's intelligence really has to be called into question after that performance.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2018, 3:43 PM

Agreed. He's a privileged feat boy who never had to actually work for anything. All he ever had to do was kiss the right ###.

I think throughout this whole ordeal, many peoples

Oct 3, 2018, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Kavanaugh will not be confirmed. ]

intelligence should be questioned. However, his isn't one of them. Looking at you people who believed the gang rape stuff and compared this to what Merrick Garland went though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think throughout this whole ordeal, many peoples

Oct 3, 2018, 4:06 PM

nobody in here has given much credence to the alleged gang rape, it is the fact that the republicans are trying to usher in an another addle minded justice into the SCOTUS, we should all be concerned.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you've called him addled minded and a weak candidate....

Oct 3, 2018, 4:31 PM

yet you don't seem able or willing to support that claim with any kind of reasoned argument.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/What-are-you-talking-about-24116182#24116182

This was a real dandy in that thread...

Oct 3, 2018, 5:01 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/And-really-barely-beholden-at-all-24116399

Re: you've called him addled minded and a weak candidate....

Oct 3, 2018, 5:08 PM [ in reply to you've called him addled minded and a weak candidate.... ]

He said he was the victim of "revenge for the Clintons". Really? You think that is the statement of a qualified Supreme Court nominee who is credibly accused of sexual assault?

I get the whole innocent until proven guilty but this isn't a courtroom or a trial, it's a job interview.

As stated in other thread...it's not a job interview....

Oct 3, 2018, 7:37 PM

it's a confirmation hearing. The Senate's roll is not to hire...that is up the POTUS. The Senate's roll is to ensure he's qualified. No reasonable case can be made that he's not qualified based on his experience and professional career.

If he believes himself to be innocent, then his remarks are perfectly reasonable given how this was all handled. How else would one that is innocent respond? It's a political hit job that aims to ruin his name and career. I thought he was pretty well contained all-in-all.

Agree, nor should he. If I had to bet my life savings

Oct 3, 2018, 4:04 PM

on his guilt or innocence, I’d easily go with guilty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree, nor should he. If I had to bet my life savings

Oct 3, 2018, 4:11 PM

Don't go to Vegas and gamble. I'm sure you'll go broke in short order.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree, nor should he. If I had to bet my life savings

Oct 3, 2018, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Agree, nor should he. If I had to bet my life savings ]

You would lose a LOT of money considering the overwhelming evidence from multiple witnesses and source documents proving his innocence lol

LOL, indeed.***

Oct 3, 2018, 4:34 PM

Oct 3, 2018, 4:06 PM

Wrong.

Trump was only stating facts.

Oct 3, 2018, 5:14 PM

And we know how you feel about facts.

Replies: 50
| visibility 689
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic