Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo Is Gone and We are Stuck In ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Dabo Is Gone and We are Stuck In ACC

Jun 13, 2012, 4:56 PM

For all you who think Dabo is the greatest thing since Swofford and Raycom, what happens when he either lives up to your lofty expectations and is offered a better HC job and leaves. You know it will happen if he lives up to your expectations. On the other hand if he becomes another TB, we end up paying him several million to leave. In either case, we will still be stuck in the ACC.

Leving the ACC is not about Dabo, Barker, TDP, current recruits' parents or the BOT, all of whom are temporary. This is about the future of Clemson FB which will be here long after all of these folks are gone. Frankly, I don't give a rat's a$$ what any coach or AD says. They lie on a regular basis. Look at coaches who deny they are leaving a current job, only to be gone a week later. Look at AD's who say they support the coach and fire him a week later. Look at AD's who say they are not leaving a conference and a week later they are gone.

Coaches are looking out for their job, first and foremost. Anyone who believes otherwise is either naive or a fool. Nothing wrong with them doing that. We all do it, but to ascribe a loftier motive to them is just foolish. As far as I'm concerned, if Clemson can't compete for a NC in FB (if it comes down to that), then the whole program is not worth keeping and is certainly not worth fans paying big bucks to support.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo Is Gone and We are Stuck In ACC

Jun 13, 2012, 4:58 PM

The stuff nightmare's are made of right here folks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2012, 4:59 PM

Do you think we can win a NC in the ACC ?? Actually I don't get what you're trying to say. No flame just a question. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2012, 5:04 PM

Do you think we can win a NC in the ACC ?? Have you been following the debate on why we should move to Big 12 and Dabo's comments? If so, then you should know the answer to your question. If not, I don't have time to bring you up to snuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2012, 5:08 PM

I was simply asking your opinion on this and yes I have been keeping up with everything that's been going. I don't know why you replied with such anger when I said originally that I wasn't trying to flame you.
Again do YOU think we can win the NC in the ACC ??

Message was edited by: tiger49®

Re: No.

Jun 13, 2012, 5:12 PM

Not if the NC is based on top 4 ranked teams based on SOS and no AQ's.

Thank you !! I agree !! *****

Jun 13, 2012, 5:14 PM

Re: No.

Jun 13, 2012, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: No. ]

The top 4 teams are not "based" on SOS. That will be A part of figuring out the top 4. If Clemson takes care of business and wins all of its games we will be in the top 4 regardless of what conference we are in.

Dumb

Jun 13, 2012, 5:03 PM

If Dabo "lives up to his expectations" we will be raising that crystal football as National Champions and as a National Champ you are on top of the college football world, where can he possibly go if he is already at the top? What school would provide a big enough draw if he is a National Championship winning coach with a great fanbase? Nowhere. I don't see Dabo bolting for the real USC or Michigan or Alabama any time soon. They already have great coaches and winning programs.

Re: Dumb

Jun 13, 2012, 5:05 PM

You need to get out more often.

I agree Dabo could leave. Every program in the country

Jun 13, 2012, 5:24 PM

except a handful have the same problem. I do think there is only one program Dabo would leave for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More of the same broken record post***

Jun 13, 2012, 5:10 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More of the same broken record post***

Jun 13, 2012, 5:13 PM

More of the same broken record post*** [1]
Posted: Jun 13, 2012 5:10 PM

agree you made record broken post.

Re: More of the same broken record post***

Jun 13, 2012, 5:22 PM [ in reply to More of the same broken record post*** ]

Don't know why you are so angry and on edge. In reference to someone needing to " get out more", perhaps you should "stay in" a little more. Don't think you are ready for public appearances!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bryanttiger is a cancer on this board.

Jun 13, 2012, 6:40 PM

hH offers nothing to any argument. He starts the same thread numerous times wasting bandwidth. He just ###### and whines.

I thumb down all of his moranic posts.

It is about the future of Clemson FB. The BOT has

Jun 13, 2012, 5:23 PM

been entrusted by us to make these kind of decisions. The BOT has entrusted winning on the field to Dabo.

IMO, it's pretty clear that staying in the ACC is what's best for our future. Going to the Big 12 has too many questions marks, especially in recruiting.

Most of this Big 12 talk is just a ruse brought on by Clemson fans with a chip on their shoulders because they actually believe the ACC has it in for them.

The ACC is our history, tradition, and where our rivals are.

If you hate the ACC and other ACC schools, when we beat 'em on the field it feels good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is about the future of Clemson FB. The BOT has

Jun 13, 2012, 5:29 PM

too may questions...ohhhh I'm scared!!!

Too many questions in recruiting? The only question in

Jun 13, 2012, 6:42 PM [ in reply to It is about the future of Clemson FB. The BOT has ]

recruiting if we stay in the ACC is, "what's the cheapest flight we can get to Jacksonville cuz we're about broke.

You start out talking about the future...

Jun 13, 2012, 8:25 PM [ in reply to It is about the future of Clemson FB. The BOT has ]

but your argument for staying is about history and tradition...which is about all we'll have if we stay in the ACC.

I can't wait until my fall Saturdays consist of watching old DVDs and reminiscing about the days when Clemson was (sort-of) nationally relevant.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We just have to win***

Jun 14, 2012, 12:11 AM

Junk yard....

Jun 13, 2012, 5:28 PM

Did you graduate from Clemson, Junk Yard?

I don't know why everyone jumps on Dabo

Jun 13, 2012, 5:29 PM

I guess I'm in the minority on what to take from his comments, but the way I took it was that he's been told difinitively that we are not leaving so he is putting a spin on it publicly to support the decision. To me what he said was "coach speak" and putting the best spin he can on what Clemson has chosen to do. I guess we shall see soon enough if that's what is going on or not.

Re: I don't know why everyone jumps on Dabo

Jun 13, 2012, 5:52 PM

dabo is looking out for himself not the future of CU in my opinion

Sorry but I strongly disagree !! *****

Jun 13, 2012, 5:54 PM

Yeah, I don't agree with that at all either***

Jun 13, 2012, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know why everyone jumps on Dabo ]

Didn't take long to find out my opinion was correct***

Jun 13, 2012, 9:58 PM [ in reply to I don't know why everyone jumps on Dabo ]

Alright guys

Jun 13, 2012, 5:41 PM

I usually stay off of these boards because most people on them have entirely TOO much time on their hands. I'm an alumni of Clemson, as are the previous generations in my family, and one thing we all have in common is that we support our head football coach. I understand that's a foreign concept these days, but it's the right thing to do; win, lose, or draw. For everyone bashing him on here, remember this: there is a reason he is the head coach of a Div 1 football program, and you sit at home and blog about it. The sooner you figure that out, the better off we'll all be. Either get on board, or find another team. Go Tigers!

Amen Brother!***

Jun 13, 2012, 5:50 PM

I support Clemson. Not Dabo. Not Danny. Not Frank Howard.

Jun 13, 2012, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Alright guys ]

No man is bigger than an institution.

If I feel that Dabo's making a mistake, then I say so b/c I love Clemson. I don't love Dabo. I really like him but I don't love him.

you act like your opinion matters***

Jun 13, 2012, 5:57 PM

Dabo had very little to do with the final decision. He

Jun 13, 2012, 6:31 PM

likely just had the freedom to express his feelings once the higher-ups notified him that we weren't going to the Big12.

Jun 13, 2012, 6:41 PM

It is a moot point. We don't have an offer, as best as I can tell. No offer = stay in the ACC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2012, 7:15 PM

An Auburn loss and that contract begins to look bad.

Dabo will be

Jun 13, 2012, 7:56 PM

coaching at UAB or some mediocre school like that in less than five years

Are you out of grade school yet? Hopefully not.***

Jun 13, 2012, 8:52 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic