Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Former Vanderbilt player sentenced for rape.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,981

Former Vanderbilt player sentenced for rape.

Jun 28, 2017, 3:05 PM

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2016/07/14/cory-batey-faces-least-15-years-friday-sentencing/86953944/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Former Vanderbilt player sentenced for rape.

Jun 28, 2017, 3:11 PM

I hate to see young people or anybody let a moment of insanity ruin their lives.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was a bit more than just a moment of insanity

Jun 28, 2017, 3:32 PM

the fact that both of them (so far) got the minimum sentence is a little disturbing. This was more than 2 college students that got drunk, went too far, and she regrets it the next day. The facts of this one are pretty appalling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the high schoolers in Steubenville Ohio got minimums

Jun 28, 2017, 4:42 PM

and have already been released from jail... their minimums were one year and that's all they got...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Judges must not have daughters, or sisters, or mothers, or

Jun 28, 2017, 5:22 PM

wives.

It shouldn't matter if they have women in their life

Jun 29, 2017, 10:23 AM

or even that they are women... all of us should be able to see issues and act appropriately toward them. The victims should be priority number one, and the age of the perpetrator should not matter down to the age of 10... I believe there is a difference in sexual exploration and sexual assault because circumstances do matter... I don't want to see a young man railroaded into a Scarlet letter life but the victim definitely shouldn't have to live a Scarlet letter life...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. I'm just trying to point out how pathetic the

Jul 1, 2017, 5:55 PM

sentences are.

Yes, I'm wondering how the sentence is that light.***

Jun 28, 2017, 5:21 PM [ in reply to This was a bit more than just a moment of insanity ]

will he transfer to FSU?***

Jun 28, 2017, 3:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He won't need Publix at FSU. Probably already has his own crabs !***

Jun 28, 2017, 3:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after reading the story, I'm a little disturbed...

Jun 28, 2017, 3:48 PM

plus...he "conceived and had a son while he was awaiting the trial." Seems the church-going man found him someone with low self esteem.

#scratchingmyhead

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: after reading the story, I'm a little disturbed...

Jun 28, 2017, 7:56 PM

And then he did this, I think in today's race baiting world why has no one ever said or brought this up, they didn't allow it to be used in court. Why not? Why was that not allowed?

“Mr. Batey continued to abuse and degrade me, urinating on my face while uttering horrific racial hate speech that suggested I deserved what he was doing to me because of the color of my skin. He didn’t even know who I was.”

In prior court hearings, prosecutors have acknowledged a racial statement was made but it was never said publicly in court.

On Friday, multiple sources confirmed to The Tennessean the statement Batey made. “That’s for 400 years of slavery you b----,” Batey said, according to the sources.

they deserve life***

Jun 28, 2017, 8:00 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,981
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic