Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell: Clemson administrators see healthy program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Brownell: Clemson administrators see healthy program

Mar 10, 2017, 5:54 PM

Clemson men's basketball coach Brad Brownell responded Friday to a statement of support from his boss, athletic director Dan Radakovich.

“I think there is very good energy in our program. We understand it’s frustrating to fans, players and administrators when we’ve lost some of these close games,” Brownell said. “We’re not going to make the NCAA tournament, but I don’t think it means that we don’t have a healthy program and that we’re not doing good things. I think and I’m hopeful that Dan recognizes that. And I think our administration recognizes that on campus.”

Clemson (17-15) hasn’t been to the NCAA tournament since 2011, Brownell’s first year with the program, but the seventh-year coach feels positive moving forward. The Tigers were hoping to end that streak this season, but 11 of their losses come by six points or less, and eight of the 12 ACC losses were by five or less.

Brownell doesn't expect to hear his team's name during the NCAA selection show, but he does believe the Tigers will earn an NIT bid for the first time since 2014, when they made it to the semifinals in New York.

“It’s crazy but two of three of those losses go our way, we’re probably an NCAA tournament team,” Brownell said. “But they didn’t. I do think, though, that they see that the program is healthy, players, recruiting is going well. We have new facilities to help all of those aspects.”

Brownell said he hasn’t had a conversation with Radakovich since returning from New York, but the two have talked frequently throughout the season.

“It’s been a very difficult season, no doubt,” Radakovich said Wednesday in New York during the tournament. “But this team continues to compete at a high level in a very difficult league. Brad and I will sit down and talk about things in the program like we do every year, but certainly the way we’re looking at it right now is to continue to work with Brad here at Clemson.”

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell: Clemson administrators see healthy program

Mar 10, 2017, 6:02 PM

Time to go BB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2017, 6:57 PM

Recruiting is going well!!???!! Just how in hell does he think that?? He has not recruited a single good player in 5 years!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2017, 7:59 AM

So you don't think Mitchell, Thomas, and Reed are good players?

Re: Hw ia trying to cover us with bs. I have heard it from

Mar 10, 2017, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell: Clemson administrators see healthy program ]

better shovelers than him.

Maybe they are correct. We need to see ...

Mar 10, 2017, 6:04 PM

our new incoming players and who we get committed next. Maybe CBB knows more than we know. the past has been weak, but he may know that good things are on the way due to recruiting.

Mar 10, 2017, 6:16 PM

That's a coach trying to cover a bad job this year. This was your team Brownell. Those transfers were supposed to make us great according to you and your fan club. That statement is sheer bs.

Mar 10, 2017, 6:18 PM

Dang,when I was growing up,it was about wins,and losses.
Now it's about energy.But I don't see any energy,good or otherwise.
And I don't believe in "Moral Victories".
O.K.give him one more year.
But Dan,I don't want to hear a NIT bid in 2018.

Maybe that statement is the reason marijuana is still ...

Mar 10, 2017, 8:38 PM

illegal in many States. Its warps your perception of reality, it but DOES improve pizza sales (so they say).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looking at our list of offers for 2018

Mar 10, 2017, 6:27 PM

and who we are competing with, I'm not very optimistic of a stellar class for next year. Heck, we aren't even a leader for Sharone Wright, Jr., a legacy, 6'5 PG from Florence who is a top 150 player.

If retaining Brad is in any part based on the pipe dream of landing Zion for one stinking year, Lord help us!

I tend to think you are correct, but we will have to see.

Mar 10, 2017, 6:39 PM

There are tons of really good players not in the top 150. We will just have to look at their offers I guess. Playing the odds, then you are probably correct. We will just have to see though.

Re: I tend to think you are correct, but we will have to see.

Mar 10, 2017, 6:44 PM

That would be fine if we weren't an ACC team. How do some of you fans expect us to win games in the nations best basketball conference when we recruit players more fit for mid major schools?

I wishthat we could get goof mid major players.***

Mar 10, 2017, 11:11 PM

Maybe we are about to. You never know who...

Mar 11, 2017, 10:22 AM

we are getting. Even Clyde D5exler only had 2 offers/ How many did Steph Curry or his brother have? We may be about to go on the best run in Clemson history. No telling..

OF all the shortfalls in recruiting, I think maybe

Mar 11, 2017, 10:51 AM

the most disappointing thing is that we haven't really found that diamond in the rough that has gone on to be a really good player. KJ maybe. JB was a 4 star guy so hard to call him under the radar. But we haven't really identified those type guys. Foster had Nance, the Grant's, Billy Williams, Vinnie Hamilton. Ellis has Grayson Marshall and Elden. Barnes with Buckner. OP had Hammonds, Grant and Stitt.

Brad, other than KJ, hasn't really had anyone develop in to a good ACC player who was an under the radar recruit. We need those types

Mar 10, 2017, 6:36 PM

Hey Brownell it's not about energy in a program. Its not about graduation rates. Your job is to win basketball games and recruit top talent. That means getting your hands dirty sometimes in the AAU leagues. Drad might buy your crap but we don't. State fired a coach who went to the big dance 4 times. You have gone once with OPs players. How can you make that statement with a straight face?

If going 0-9 vs the top half is healthy, I'd hate to see what sick looks like***

Mar 10, 2017, 6:39 PM

Re: If going 0-9 vs the top half is healthy, I'd hate to see what sick looks like***

Mar 10, 2017, 6:40 PM

Look in the mirror.

Re: If going 0-9 vs the top half is healthy, I'd hate to see what sick looks like***

Mar 10, 2017, 6:42 PM

I'll look at your mama instead

A sick program loses to 6 of last 9 games in bad conference

Mar 10, 2017, 9:06 PM [ in reply to If going 0-9 vs the top half is healthy, I'd hate to see what sick looks like*** ]

that would be a team in Cootlumbia with a coach with anger management issues, when no on his meds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would not compare Clemson to that sorry bunch.***

Mar 10, 2017, 11:15 PM

Mar 10, 2017, 7:48 PM

Almost sounds like , "if we'd only had a few more at bats " , or " half the teams that played today lost ."

Mar 10, 2017, 8:14 PM

Sounds very Bowden-esque

Maybe that statement is the reason marijuana is still ...

Mar 10, 2017, 8:39 PM

illegal in many States. Its warps your perception of reality, but it DOES improve pizza sales (so they say).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is one dumb, classless comment. just sayn***

Mar 10, 2017, 9:02 PM

We play in a conf with 6 top 20 teams.

Mar 10, 2017, 9:12 PM

Think about that for a minute. Absorb that. Then pretend you are the AD setting expectations for your head coach.

And we played ALL of those teams ridiculously close.
I'd say we have a top 30 team. But, unfortunately, that is not good enough to get into NCAA tournament.

Maybe we should be idiots like USC and leave the ACC. Ha!

Re: We play in a conf with 6 top 20 teams.

Mar 10, 2017, 9:53 PM

We were constantly in or around the top 25 the 4 years before Brownell showed up. We ahve never been ranked under him. Maybe it isn't the conference getting harder as much as him not being able to even maintain what OP built for us.

Re: Preach it,***

Mar 10, 2017, 11:16 PM

Lots of Brownell haters and low pulse dude on here. no cred***

Mar 10, 2017, 9:44 PM

Mar 10, 2017, 10:20 PM

Zion is a silent commit. That's why BB sounds so positive about recruiting. lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why he really sees is too big of a buy out***

Mar 11, 2017, 12:37 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whomever deemed this program as healthy....

Mar 11, 2017, 8:18 AM

I'd like them to examine me for my next life insurance exam!

Re: whomever deemed this program as healthy....

Mar 11, 2017, 10:19 AM

Tommy Bowden make the parity excuse for his failed job as a coach. Dabo proved him wrong. Now Brownell is using the healthy exuse as a reason to keep the loser. A healthy basketball program is a growing program getting better every year and going to the NCAAs often. We have seen his records. The wins are topping out in the mid teens and losses the same. That's stagnation. If I was Drad and read this statement, I'd let Brownell know that next year is it. Win and make the dance or be fired.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic