Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Fans Deserve Better!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Clemson Fans Deserve Better!

Jan 31, 2013, 6:06 PM

It's time to put and end to this Thursday/Friday night talk. Clemson vs. UGA is one of the best rivalries in the South. It is being renewed for the first time in a decade with both teams coming off division championships. It not only deserves to be on Saturday, College Gameday should be there begging us to, "please let us in this hallowed hall of college football greatness known as Death Valley and Clemson University." We just finished one the best seasons in Clemson History. We've got a Top 10 Match up IN DEATH VALLEY and the power brokers better dang sure know that we want a Saturday Game and we want to tailgate ALL FRIGGIN DAY and we want a NIGHT GAME for the first time since 1948. We have been too patient and too invested for them to take this from us. HELL NO! We will not bend. THIS IS OUR GAME!

Copy and paste this into your email and send everyone who matters and some who don't a firm but polite message that WE DESERVE THIS! Blow their Emails out of the water TigerNation! Don’t' settle for anything less.

Post your email in this thread after you have sent it.

athldir@clemson.edu, townsen@clemson.edu, cahill@clemson.edu, idaben@clemson.edu, sirvin@clemson.edu, ngarret@clemson.edu, king4@clemson.edu, landree@clemson.edu, dandrea@clemson.edu, svaughn@clemson.edu, kbarbar@clemson.edu, sgeer@clemson.edu, pgrayso@clemson.edu, loretoj@clemson.edu, kmyoung@clemson.edu, tjohns7@clemson.edu, rballie@clemson.edu, wlinda@clemson.edu, abraham@clemson.edu, mwilso4@clemson.edu, tbranch@clemson.edu, bearnha@clemson.edu, mtimoth@clemson.edu, slynn@clemson.edu, mmoney@clemson.edu, tfurbee@clemson.edu, gayc@clemson.edu, berthso@clemson.edu, mahonyr@clemson.edu, jcouch@clemson.edu, wilson@clemson.edu, lsweval@clemson.edu, stump@clemson.edu, dunham@clemson.edu, jwhite@clemson.edu, fordw@clemson.edu, cbussey@clemson.edu, mtimoth@clemson.edu, slynn@clemson.edu, mmoney@clemson.edu, torip@clemson.edu, btimoth@clemson.edu, blackmj@clemson.edu, bhennes@clemson.edu, philips@clemson.edu, elizabk@clemson.edu, jkallin@clemson.edu, batson@clemson.edu, lg@clemson.edu, jscott5@clemson.edu,
jillana@clemson.edu, edougla@clemson.edu, covrtn@clemson.edu, jennifi@clemson.edu, wmccorv@clemson.edu, hbscott@clemson.edu, johnsta@clemson.edu, judge45@clemson.edu, mdooley@clemson.edu, basset2@clemson.edu, wmunson@clemson.edu

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but...

Jan 31, 2013, 6:30 PM

I don't have very fond memories of our last night game. :(

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't mean to rain on your parade, but...

Jan 31, 2013, 6:31 PM

home night game, that is.

I know right. 1948 was a bad year***

Jan 31, 2013, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Don't mean to rain on your parade, but... ]

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Shut up...

Jan 31, 2013, 9:39 PM

The Georgia game is going to be played on Saturday. Some of you people need to get a life.

And there it goes

Feb 1, 2013, 12:12 AM

formerly respected poster become keyboard big shot. Cya

The CU / UGA rivalry was only relevant when they were

Jan 31, 2013, 9:54 PM

consistently top programs. I respect where all the nostalgia comes from because I was apart of it, but before that, our smaller school couldn't keep up with the recruiting of the larger state schools that had less academic requirements. Thankfully times have changed of course. But with schedules becoming more complicated with expansion, to tell you the truth, and since I have no great love for the dawgs, I really have to desire to see us play them every year again.

to=no***

Jan 31, 2013, 9:55 PM

My anger at this possibly being moved is

Feb 1, 2013, 9:38 AM [ in reply to The CU / UGA rivalry was only relevant when they were ]

only partly because of UGA. Yes it is a special game for most Clemson fans so it does contribute to the main reason. which is simply the fact that we have a chance at being the center of the college football world for the season leading up and culminating on that Saturday night. its been too long, we (the fans) deserve it, the team has earned it and it seems to nonchalantly be tossed around and bid out

Its a big deal to me and i don't understand why its not a big deal to others. not you in particular but others

Ughhhh...too much***

Jan 31, 2013, 9:56 PM

both teams coming off division championships...

Feb 1, 2013, 4:30 AM

Did i miss something here?

Clemson was Atlantic co-division title winners with FSU

Feb 1, 2013, 8:02 AM

The ACC gave us a trophy, not our coach, like your 5th place rings.

#### off, coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

We were the Atlantic Division Co-Champions Got a trophy

Feb 1, 2013, 9:13 AM [ in reply to both teams coming off division championships... ]

and everything. FSU won the tie breaker to play for the Championship

ESPiN won't let that happen.

Feb 1, 2013, 5:00 AM

It's an early top ten matchup which has "GAMEDAY!" written all over it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe gameday should be there.

Feb 1, 2013, 9:17 AM

but it is evidently ESPN who is trying to maximize their game inventory the first weekend. Why else would monday have been an option. and why now are they talking about having it our Thursday or friday. the CUAD is talking to local business in Clemson about what they think of having it on thurs or fri.

Yes to have anything other than Sat and College Gameday would blow my mind, but it is seriously being discussed.

Went a little overboard

Feb 1, 2013, 11:17 AM

As a student I would love to see the game played on Friday. That means no classes for me that day and downtown would still be open after the game to go celebrate the victory. I'll be out tailgating all day regardless of the day. And even if it was on Friday night, it would be a sellout. Think they could play this game Tuesday morning and it would still be sold out.

Clemson's first home night game was in...

Feb 1, 2013, 11:43 AM

1992 against FSU. Clemson has always been a day game school and will always be a day game school . Never understood all these posters who get their panties in a wad, when Clemson barely ever has had many night games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not true

Feb 3, 2013, 1:42 PM

We had home night games in the 80's. I remember being at those games. I think our first night game was against UGA in 1983.

It wasn't 1983, but it was UGa, in 1987...***

Feb 3, 2013, 2:42 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ and this ^^

Feb 3, 2013, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Clemson's first home night game was in... ]

who cares when they play it. just win.***

Feb 3, 2013, 2:54 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 1