Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Auburn fan here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

Auburn fan here

Sep 1, 2016, 8:32 AM

Just wanted to drop in and tell you guys good luck Saturday night. Hope you guys enjoy the visit up until game time. :) Watson is a beast and I would give anything if we had him.

War Eagle
Eric

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well thats nice - and thanks for all yall have done

Sep 1, 2016, 8:34 AM

with the orange out, playing our song, putting nice big tiger paws all around - what a welcome.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: well thats nice - and thanks for all yall have done

Sep 1, 2016, 8:41 AM

We do try to be hospitable..

Re: Auburn fan here

Sep 1, 2016, 8:38 AM

When you say 'ANYTHING' to have Watson ....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Somewhere in the neighborhood of $280k.

Sep 1, 2016, 8:42 AM

That's what Cam said anyways.

OP:
Jk- welcome! Hope to see a good game on Sat night!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to the Tiger Board(s), perhaps you can share

Sep 1, 2016, 8:40 AM

some reasons why you hate USuCk and why you're rooting for Vandy tonight?

Oh and go real Tigers (not the fake eagle tigers of West Georgia)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Welcome to the Tiger Board(s), perhaps you can share

Sep 1, 2016, 8:43 AM

Yes, I am pulling for Vandy tonight because I truly do hate South Carolina! They have the most obnoxious fans to never have won anything. Plus I hate Muschamp. He is totally out of control and should never be allowed to coach kids. Dude is insane when he loses it (See Alabama game). If I was Gus, I would have sent his butt to the locker room.

^^^This one seems to check out, he aight***

Sep 1, 2016, 8:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

you didn't address how much you wd pay for Watson

Sep 1, 2016, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Welcome to the Tiger Board(s), perhaps you can share ]

More or less than Newton cost??

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you didn't address how much you wd pay for Watson

Sep 1, 2016, 8:55 AM

Well, he did end up at Clemson. I will say that Dabo did go to Alabama and he learned from the best on how to pay players and not get caught. Whatever we were willing to pay, we must have lost the bidding war.

Sep 1, 2016, 9:13 AM

And you were doing so well

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Sep 1, 2016, 9:26 AM

LOL..Well, when someone ask stupid question I usually respond with stupid answers.

Love this quote...

Sep 1, 2016, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Welcome to the Tiger Board(s), perhaps you can share ]

"They have the most obnoxious fans to never have won anything." It ain't just us boys and girls, non-Clemson fans feel the same way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Auburns worst and best moves in a single year -

Sep 1, 2016, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Welcome to the Tiger Board(s), perhaps you can share ]

hiring !mooB - getting rid of !mooB

Not sure that Steele was a good idea though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome to the Tiger Board(s), perhaps you can share

Sep 1, 2016, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Welcome to the Tiger Board(s), perhaps you can share ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Would you give as much as Scam Newton cost you?

I'll hang up and listen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Would you give as much as Scam Newton cost you?

Sep 1, 2016, 8:44 AM

Well, NCAA investigated us and says we didn't pay anything. So I would have to go with that.

When you say "we", does that include the bagmen?

Sep 1, 2016, 8:47 AM

Serious kweshion- On a scale of 1-10: How much do you think Chad Morris and KSteele will help scheme for this game?

Re: When you say "we", does that include the bagmen?

Sep 1, 2016, 8:48 AM

so, that is a serious question huh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this better?

Sep 1, 2016, 8:50 AM

On a scale of 1-10: Why are you so ghey?

Sep 1, 2016, 8:53 AM [ in reply to When you say "we", does that include the bagmen? ]

Me personally, I was against the hiring of KS. I think he is a great position coach but not a very good defensive coordinator. As far as Morris, I haven't heard anything about Gus being in contact with Morris or anything. I am sure Morris has his on problems at SMU to worry about helping Auburn. I know Gus met with Art Briles this spring to just talk X's and O's.

Sep 1, 2016, 8:58 AM

Interesting with the ArtB convo. What do you expect from Sean White and what do you expect to be your strength on Offense this year? Run game v passing game?

Sep 1, 2016, 9:07 AM

That is a hard question to answer. I think we have talent at Running back but not proven. We lost all 3 Running backs that carried the load last year. At QB, Sean White is the first QB to pass for 250 yards in 3 consecutive games since 1997. He had a completion rating of 70% during that span. After he got hurt at the end of the Arkansas game, he never was the same. His completion rating went down to 35% because he couldn't plant on that one leg. I think as a passer he will be ok as long as he stays healthy. We have issues at WR too, as we will have several true freshman playing at WR and I am sure there will be some miscommunication there. This is probably the first year in several that I just really don't know what to expect going into a season.

When you say Chad has his "on problems" - is this in any way

Sep 1, 2016, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: When you say "we", does that include the bagmen? ]

sectual in nature ?

Asking for bob . . .

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Gus is too busy scanning the skies for drones.***

Sep 1, 2016, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: When you say "we", does that include the bagmen? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Would you give as much as Scam Newton cost you?

Sep 1, 2016, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Would you give as much as Scam Newton cost you? ]

;) ;) ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get Lost Aubie 1

Sep 1, 2016, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Would you give as much as Scam Newton cost you? ]

Frankly, i don't care what you think or want to say..this week at least..but a point for showing up here.

Pardon me, no coffee yet...Guess it's the political scene OR maybe it's all the sheet about SEC being such a great conference..especially vs the higher academic standard ACC..imho.

Main thing is..CLEMSON has always stood on it's standards, accomplishments..and not the conference affiliation so much.

That said..this game will be # 2 CLEMSON vs Auburn. Good luck ????????

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you enjoy the pre-game festivities because we aren't going to need luck when the game starts.

I expect the awbarn fans to be filing out by halftime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Sep 1, 2016, 8:47 AM

Nah, I think you guys pull away in the second half but we keep it close in the 1st. I am sure both teams will come out pretty conservative in the first half trying to feel each other out it being the first game and all.

Seem like a nice person you'll find a mixed bag here.

Sep 1, 2016, 8:51 AM

I do look forward to the game. Got a chance to go to several auburn games when I was stationed in Montgomery. Great venue and I look forward to being there Saturday night. Honest opinion, how do you feel about the direction of the program under Gus malzahn?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seem like a nice person you'll find a mixed bag here.

Sep 1, 2016, 9:00 AM

Honestly, I think Gus's arrogance cost him. I believe for his offense to be truly successful, he needs a dual threat QB. He went a few years without getting one, so we are in the position that we are in this year. I think Auburn has to be patient and expect growing pains with a young head coach. As long as he is recruiting the way he is and start recruiting dual threat QB's, he will be fine. I just don't know if he will get the time to turn it around.

Get that others yanked your chain. But I would

Sep 1, 2016, 9:07 AM

Bring it with any evidence you have that dw4 was bought. He's squeaky clean. If you haven't followed him much he's a great kid and Dabo's a great guy too. So don't appreciate that. I think you will ultimately be disappointed with Gus.

Sep 1, 2016, 8:44 AM

Who'd you pull for in the natty last year?

Sep 1, 2016, 8:45 AM

Do you even have to ask that question? I am an Auburn fan and would pull for ISIS before I pulled for the Updyke nation.

Would you be willing to give up one of your cheerleaders...

Sep 1, 2016, 8:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

That is hideous Francis Marion. You never

Sep 1, 2016, 8:53 AM

Cease to amaze . . . Others.

I'll be there Saturday

Sep 1, 2016, 8:50 AM

My hope is that you leave think "WoW. They really are that good".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question

Sep 1, 2016, 9:17 AM

What makes you guys so confidant that it will just be a blow out? As bad as Auburn was last year, we only got blown out once and that was to LSU. I think we will have some improvement this year from last.

In fairness

Sep 1, 2016, 9:22 AM

We're better than LSU

Re: In fairness

Sep 1, 2016, 9:30 AM

You may get to find out. I have you guys and LSU playing for the national title. But, just a FYI.. I have never picked the National Championship game correctly. LOL..

Re: In fairness

Sep 8, 2016, 4:52 AM

And you still haven't, there wont be any LSU

19-13 = Clemson WiN !

Sep 8, 2016, 8:36 AM

Nuff Said ????

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question

Sep 1, 2016, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Question ]

Honestly, I just hope for the W. The first game of the year so freaking misleading on so many levels. Games aren't played on paper. The best to hope for is a W and, even for Auburn, if the game's competitive and the young guys gain valuable experience, that's a big plus, too. The national title won't be won or lost this weekend.

For Auburn, it's a decent bet if the game is competitive, there'll be much to build on as it's unlikely to face a better offense this year. Game one is the best time to catch Clemson, in my view.

Most of all...no injuries...please.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2016, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Question ]

Most prognosticators have said we have the number offense line, the number one wide receiver unit, the number one quarterback, the top TE in the game. So that being said, is AU able to match our offensive production?

Mike Williams learn the name. He's mad. I know your offensive talent is nowhere near in the same hemisphere as ours. So I'm willing to go on a limb and say it's going to be a blowout for your idiotic paying comment too

ACC!! ACC!! ACC!! :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2016, 9:29 AM

Dude...'idiotic paying comment'? He was defending himself...he didn't start that topic, which was (largely/hopefully) done in jest. He came here respectfully...and deserves the same in kind.

Sep 1, 2016, 9:35 AM

Thanks dude

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2016, 9:37 AM

LOL! ;)

Sep 1, 2016, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Question ]

Stuff like that don't bother me. I expect that coming to an opponents board. You would get the same going to an Auburn board. We all have the fringe fans that believe we are going undefeated every year and nobody can beat us. I have always learned to be happy with a "W" no matter the opponent because you never know what you are going to get with 18-23 year old kids. The best and most talented team doesn't always win. Try playing a Parlay card with just a 3 game pick and see how often you win. Upsets happen every week. If we are looking at paper, I will agree with most of you that I don't see Auburn having a chance. BUT, it's usually times like this in Auburn's history that they come out of nowhere and are successful. See 2004, 2010, and 2013. Crap, Auburn was supposed to be this great team in 2014 with all of our returning starters on offense and we freaking won 8 ball games. It happens.

Sep 1, 2016, 9:44 AM

Good luck. Our last trip down there me personally I had a ball. All your fans her very hospitable and so so so many hotties dressed in blue. Spot the ball!!

Sep 1, 2016, 9:16 AM

Welcome!

Very much looking forward to this season finally getting started! Heading your way at daybreak tomorrow (Friday). Got a party crowd in the RV, hoping to arrive around 1pm. Not sure if we should park in T2 or wait for F4 to open. Thoughts?

How is the walk to the stadium and downtown from T2? Any tips on bars/restaurants for Friday night or Saturday lunch?

I know that Auburn has used the paw for a while now (usually with the AU logo in it), and students have painted paws at Toomer's Corner. But the brick paw at Toomer's seems to look a lot more like the Clemson paw that other paws used in the past. What's your take on that?

Sep 1, 2016, 9:25 AM

To me I think Auburn and Clemson's paw is very similar except different colors. Auburn always outlined it with Orange and filled it in with Blue. You take the colors out of them and I think they both look very similar. It's a Tiger Paw. Only so many ways you can do a Tiger Paw.

Sep 1, 2016, 9:27 AM

The Sooners sure have 'up and close and personal' knowledge of a Tiger Paw! ;)

YeP...

Sep 1, 2016, 9:31 AM

And was the swirling PAW that BuzzSaw has up on his site!

How does he get that PAW to do that?!

Sep 1, 2016, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Auburn fan here ]
download.jpg(4.3 K)

Really? I must be looking in the wrong place. I thought yours looks like this:

Sep 1, 2016, 10:37 AM

You have us confused with South Carolina.

Sep 1, 2016, 10:45 AM

Always had trouble telling the birds apart.

Sep 1, 2016, 9:39 AM

I always admire and welcome any opposing team's fan that's brave enough to visit the TNets, especially when it's done the right way - with humility. So hello, welcome, and good luck to you guys on Saturday night! I'm looking forward to seeing Lawson & Adams play.

Thanks, and welcome to the site. Can you give us a preview

Sep 1, 2016, 9:44 AM

of what to expect from Auburn?

Re: Thanks, and welcome to the site. Can you give us a preview

Sep 1, 2016, 10:58 AM

Honestly, this is the first year that I truly don't know what to expect. Everyone around Auburn has said that he tried to be a CEO type last year but has gone back to taking over the offense this year. I personally don't think we have a QB on the roster that will lead us back to national prominence. We also lost all 3 running backs that carried the load from last year. We have 5 star KJ that has potential but he is coming off surgery and was hurt a lot of last year. We really will be replacing 3 o-lineman because we moved our center to tackle and having to replace both of our tackles. Defensively Pat Dye came out and said it has the possibility of being the best defense he has ever seen at Auburn. He said he has never seen that much talent on defense at Auburn. BUT, I just don't see it. I think our Defensive line has the potential to be the best in the nation, but I worry about linebackers and secondary. We suspended a starter at safety and lost a projected starter at Corner to injury during fall camp.

In summary, just looking at it on paper I see no way we win unless Auburn is just better than I expect them to be. Trent Dilfer made the statement that Sean White was a program changer. I hope he lives up to that. Sorry I couldn't help in breaking it down better but I just really don't know.

Thanks for the run down. 1 follow up question, you say the

Sep 1, 2016, 2:55 PM

defense is loaded. Are you talking just the starters, or do ya'll have depth at all positions?

Re: Thanks for the run down. 1 follow up question, you say the

Sep 1, 2016, 3:57 PM

I didn't say that. Pat Dye said it. I think we are loaded on the Defensive line but I question other positions. If we are going by Star ratings, yes we have talent but if we are going by what I have seen, then we are in trouble.

Sep 1, 2016, 10:03 AM

Welcome!!!
As long as Auburn plays a clean game, no fake injuries to rest the defense like we've seen against other SEC opponents, an no cheap shots, they will have my respect no matter the score. Intelligent, civil, and respectful fans like you help a school's image too.

Speaking of cheap shots, I will never forget Darell Scott

Sep 1, 2016, 10:49 AM

and Kyle Parker on the receiving end. I would like to think that stuff is in the past, but I'll believe it when/if I see it.

In case my meaning isn't clear, Darell Scott had his knee taken out in the Chic-fil-A Bowl by a cheap shot. Kyle Parker I think everyone can remember. It just seems to be a recurring theme when we play Allbarn.

Re: Speaking of cheap shots, I will never forget Darell Scott

Sep 1, 2016, 11:09 AM

I don't remember the cheap shot on Darrell Scott but I do remember the one on Kyle Parker. That was Nick Fairley. He was just a mean, dirty player. It caught up to him at the end of the season though because the refs started throwing some petty flags on him for hits that really wasn't a penalty. But he brought it all upon himself. You also have to remember that it was during the Gene Chizik era where he didn't have any team discipline. He wouldn't even let the S&C coach discipline players for missing off season workouts. I think Gus has proved that he will discipline you if it's warranted. He booted Duke Williams from the team last year and booted Jovon Robinson this year. That is two years in a row that we lost supposedly our best offensive weapons.

Re: Speaking of cheap shots, I will never forget Darell Scott

Sep 1, 2016, 2:29 PM

That's a fair rebuttal, and I hope this game is played clean by both sides with the visiting team on top when the clock reaches 00:00. It will be a close one, and I can't wait to see them work it out on the field. Go Tigers, spot the ball already!!

Kyle Parker's ribs were cracked by a Mike McNeil late spear.

Sep 8, 2016, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Speaking of cheap shots, I will never forget Darell Scott ]

He was later one of four Aubie's busted for armed robbery/ home invasion... Karma, biotch...

thumbs up cuz nice people are nice.

Sep 1, 2016, 2:42 PM

GO CLEMSON!!!!

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic