Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I thought people were joking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 487

I thought people were joking

Oct 29, 2018, 9:57 AM

when they said that they will turn the MAGABomber into a conspiracy theory. Then I saw it on buddy book. Multiple people. One is a recovering junkie, but the other two are well known, well respected, business owners.

And it's hmm this is suspicious, caravan, this, that, then all of a sudden this dude. Democrats scoop so low. He's a dem plant.

What the ever loving ####?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

wait? you're complaining about Dems and conspriracy theories

Oct 29, 2018, 10:12 AM

and then you say this: "He's a dem plant"

um...okay.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Think he’s goofin on someone else who said that.***

Oct 29, 2018, 10:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

okay. i had a confuse

Oct 29, 2018, 10:23 AM

i think i understand now. or not. doesn't matter. the world has gone crazy. i'm just trying to keep my wits about me. Hopefully, my sarc meter isn't the first to go.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

That line is what was said by these

Oct 29, 2018, 11:34 AM [ in reply to wait? you're complaining about Dems and conspriracy theories ]

MAGA enthusiasts

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That line is what was said by these

Oct 29, 2018, 11:48 AM

You all are trying to pin every supporter of trump on these shootings. That just isn’t right and not the case.

Violent rhetoric and fanning the flames is done by all sides. Trump, Obama and their administration. Remember Eric Holder, potentially not because that was more than two weeks ago.

Trying to pin these actions on a party or one elected official isn’t doing anyone any good. I mean his daughter, SIL and grandchildren are Jewish. He moved the embassy to Jerusalem, he has visited the Wailing Wall. This guy who killed these people wasn’t a trump supporter and no one supports the shooter.

You are smarter than this, if not, I sure hope your interaction with students is low and maybe just gym class.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link to anyone doing this.***

Oct 29, 2018, 11:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Link to anyone doing this.***

Oct 29, 2018, 12:58 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/10/10/eric-holder-when-they-go-low-we-kick-them-thats-what-this-new-democratic-party-is-about/?utm_term=.5b9dffe61aa2

"When they go low, we kick them. That is what this new Democrat party is about."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you miss the part

Oct 29, 2018, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: That line is what was said by these ]

where I said "these maga supporters" ??

And TBH, I see a lot of conspiracy theories about these incidences, and when the Ball park shooting happened I didn't hear any coming from the left. I might be wrong but I didn't see any. If you could point me to some that would be great.

I actually remember Bernie coming out immediately completely against the guy and anybody who would do that specifically stating this guy does not embody what they believe ect. I have failed to hear the same hard line against the violence from Trump, but once again I may have missed it.

Higher Bandwidth Programming

Oct 29, 2018, 10:48 AM

At first with Limbaugh, it was a cheap third rate, AM radio type of entertainment. Most rational people didn’t take it too seriously, because it was bush league propaganda designed to influence lower IQ individuals.

Fast forward a few decades, sprinkle in higher bandwidth programming, and we have a massive segment of the population that chooses to buy into conspiracy propaganda like Pizzagate. The problem is compounded by the synchronicity effect of search engines, and the resulting echo chamber of ideas.

We have a lot of malleable sheep who are ripe for this kind of thing.

And this attracts extremists with mental issues

Oct 29, 2018, 11:34 AM

like moths to a flame.

See the synagogue shooter, the MAGABomber, and the Ballpark shooter.

It emboldens them and makes them think they are the crusaders.

Re: Higher Bandwidth Programming

Oct 29, 2018, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Higher Bandwidth Programming ]

There's your problem.

The reason people are supporting conspiracy theories and are rejecting the Democrats more and more is due to what you just did.

You didn't try to sit down and talk with your opponents, you just took a quick glance at what they are doing and condescendingly said "Meh, these people are low-IQ idiots and beneath me, typical Republicans."

That is why this country is trending hard Red. This is why the next generation, Gen Z, is projected to be the most Conservative/Republican generation in our history, more so than even the Baby Boomers.

Its because Democrats do stupid, abusive crap that people dont want when they are in power, and then throw childish, hateful tantrums when they lose elections. And when more and more people stand up and reject the Left, the Left doubles down and scoffs them like you just did.

Maybe if you weren't so quick to be hateful and angry towards people that believe differently than you, there would be more people open to the Democrat party and less support for conspiracy theories.

I actually agree

Oct 29, 2018, 12:32 PM

that it sounds horribly elitist. It was offensive. I’m guilty and feel hypocritical for stating it this way.

My confession doesn’t change the notion that reality bites.

Re: I actually agree

Oct 29, 2018, 1:06 PM

Republicans did not say "All Democrats are like the guy who shot Steve Scalise!"

and yet, Democrats proudly say "ALL republicans are like the MAGA Bomber!"

That isnt right, and that is why the Democrats are losing power in record numbers.

As far as the politics game and political strategy goes, Obama had a lot of opportunities to fill up Federal judicial appointments and didnt. The Democrats really missed a huge opportunity during the Obama administration to hang on to administration power. Obama really should have focused on appointing as many judges as he could. Instead, he focused on other things, and the result was that Obama gave Trump a record number of vacant Federal judicial seats. To date, Trump has appointed hard right wing nominees to all of these positions. I believe 364 have been confirmed with another 181 in process of being confirmed. Obama left office with one of the most depleted court systems in US history and left Trump a wide open territory to come in and appoint the judiciary across the board. That was a huge blunder on the Democrats. They could have secured themselves in the courts for 1-2 generations, but they gave that away to Trump for some reason. Now, the majority of courts in the land are heavily biased to the right thanks to these Trump appointments, and vacancies are starting to appear at the high level Federal Circuit courts. The most liberal of all of these, the 9th Circuit, is currently in Trump's sights as he just appointed a Republican to the 9th.

If Trump manages to get in 2 terms, we may be sitting in 2024 with the majority of Federal courts heavily packed with Republicans and no hope for a Democrat majority in any Federal court for a generation.

That's how bad the Democrats screwed up their strategy from 2008-2016.

Re: I thought people were joking

Oct 29, 2018, 12:08 PM

What is really interesting to me is how the "conspiracy theories" are taking root among moderate Americans.

What interesting is, more people in the moderate demographic are suspicious that the MAGA Bomber, Caravan, and Synogogue Shooting are all invovled in some type of state-sponsored conspiracy than not. I work for a very, very large corporation, and most of my coworkers (inclouding ones in california) have suspicions that some division or group within the Democrats or "The Left" was behind these events. At the very least, they believe the Democrats are being opportunists and trying to profit off of the PR from these events (using them to push the idea that "All Republicans support bombing and slaughtering innocent political opponents"). At the very worst, some of these people believe actors within the "Left Wing" establishment orchestrated these things.

Whats very interesting is that these theories are not coming from the far-right fringe. They are being born and perpetuated by the moderates and the "normal, average people".

What is clear, is that the MAGA Bomber and Synogogue shooter were individuals that are not associated with a particular political party. They are deranged, mentally unstable individuals. The MAGA Bomber was a lifelong registered Democrat and militant DNC supporter until 2016, when he suddenly and mysteriously flipped his allegiance to Trump. That is not necessarily indicative of a conspiracy, but could be indicative of a mental illness. Look at his van and past patterns of behavior.

The support for these conspiracy theories is not, however, a true belief in them. Rather it is a symptom of what America is feeling, and that is currently a widespread and rampant distrust for the Democrat party. When there is mass distrust of a political party, typically the bad parts of political events get attributed to that party.

And can you blame America for its lack of trust in the Democrats? This is a party who held near absolute power for 8 years under the previous President, and instead of doing things that were productive, they appealed to the most radical, angry, fringe groups among their base, and they encouraged horrific rhetoric against the American public. Calling the average America a white privileged, racist, homophobic, basket of deplorables will not get you much support. On top of that, their policies and taxes wrecked our economy, they lied to the American people, they made international diplomatic decisions that put the US at a disadvantage internationally, and they marred the previous administration with various illegal scandals, such as the IRS targeting political opponents, Fast and Furious, NSA five eyes, rigging the DNC's own primaries, etc.

Remember how the Gamecocks treated Clemson when they had the 5 in a row streak over us a few years ago? The Coots could have been classy and respectful when they beat us 5 times in a row. Were they? Nope, their awful antics only got worse, and they exhibited the most abhorrent treatment of a rival I think I have ever seen in college sports. Thats how Democrats treated the US when they held total power under the Obama administration, and it has alienated much of the country, to the point that even moderate people in the US would rather believe a conspiracy theories than anything else. That is sad, and that is also why Trump won.

And now, after Trump has been in office for some time, and achieved some very positive accomplishments for this country, the Demcorats choose to double down. They push for investigations, impeachment, they repeatedly spread lies about any Republican they can, and they eve trumped up false sexual assault charges against a SCOTUS nominee.

In 2018 and 2020, Republicans can sit down and present the American people with a report that has hard numbers on how they have improved the country. Republicans can sit down and prove with hard numbers how they have lowered taxes, grown the economy, reduced unemployment across all demographics, reduced illegal immigration, etc. The Republicans can show real, hard numbers and metrics that show their policies are working and working to the benefit of the American people.

In 2018, and 2020, the Democrats have ONLY been running on the idea of "ORANGE MAN BAD. TRUMP IS A FASCIST. TRUMP HAS SMALL HANDS. TRUMP IS AN IDIOT, WE HATE TRUMP. IMPEACH IMPEACH IMPEACH!"

That's not called a political platform, that's called a childish tantrum. And that is not what Americans want running this country.

That is why the midterms are trending HARD red. That is why Trump is about to hit a 50% approval rating. That is why 2020 is looking strong for Trump. That is why the next generation, Gen Z, is currently looking like it will be the most Republican/Conservative minded generation in the history of this country, moreso than the "Baby Boomer" generation.

Liberalism is a dying ideology in the US, and it is dying very quickly in supernova-esque fashion.

This just tells you that they're not really "moderates"

Oct 29, 2018, 2:08 PM

They're more like the "radical center" that lacks the moderating influence of institutions. In my experience, most of these people are only moderate in the sense that they have no strong political commitments, except to the idea that they're being screwed by somebody somewhere else. So they become cynical about existing institutions and susceptible to theories which explain that there are always occult powers at work. In some ways, that's more comforting than realizing your own responsibility. And all stripes of radicals are susceptible to this way of thinking, not just those on the right, left, or center.

Liam Donovan wrote about this "radical middle" here: https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/02/donald-trump-moderate-republican-blue-collar-coalition/

Matthew Contineti also wrote about the radical middle here: https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/07/donald-trump-radical-revenge/

"Two decades ago, in the spring of 1996, Newsweek magazine described a group of voters it called the “radical middle.” Formerly known as the Silent Majority, then the Reagan Democrats, these voters had supported Ross Perot in 1992, and were hoping the Texas billionaire would run again. Voters in the radical middle, Newsweek wrote, “see the traditional political system itself as the country’s chief problem.”

The radical middle is attracted to populists, outsiders, businessmen such as Perot and Lee Iacocca who have never held office, and to anyone, according to Newsweek, who is the “tribune of anti-insider discontent.” Newt Gingrich rallied the radical middle in 1994 — year of the Angry White Male — but his Republican Revolution sputtered to a halt after the government shut down over Medicare in 1995. Once more the radical middle had become estranged from the GOP. “If Perot gets in the race,” a Dole aide told Newsweek, “it will guarantee Clinton’s reelection.”

Well, here we are again, at the beginning of a presidential campaign in which the Republican Party, having lost its hold on the radical middle, is terrified of the electoral consequences. The supporters of Reagan and Perot, of Gingrich and Pat Buchanan, have found another aging billionaire in whom to place their fears and anxieties, their nostalgia and love of country, their disgust with the political and cultural elite, their trepidation at what our nation is becoming.

A brash showboat and celebrity, self-promoter and controversialist, silly and mocking, a caricature of a caricature, Donald Trump is no one’s idea of a serious presidential candidate. Which is exactly why the radical middle finds him refreshing. Not an iota of him is politically correct, he plays by no rules of comity or civility, he genuflects to no party or institution, he is unafraid of and antagonistic toward the media, and he challenges the conventional wisdom of both parties, which holds that there is no real cost to illegal immigration and to trade with China."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Russian collusion is not a joke.

Oct 29, 2018, 7:12 PM

It's a serious charge and a hail of a lot of those in Obama's justice department are in deep doodoo when Mueller's reports is released.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 487
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic