Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I mean, it's not like Trump made payments while president.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

I mean, it's not like Trump made payments while president.

Aug 23, 2018, 2:55 PM

Oh wait. He did.

Remember, Trump and his people's immediate response to all this was that he had no knowledge of the payments. If you support him, he lied to you and thought you were dumb enough to buy it. Did you?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-company-approved-420000-in-payments-to-cohen-relying-on-sham-invoices-prosecutors-say/2018/08/21/b6b327fc-a596-11e8-97ce-cc9042272f07_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b08d251d45dd

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Benghazi***

Aug 23, 2018, 3:08 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Emails.***

Aug 23, 2018, 3:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Emails.******

Aug 23, 2018, 3:14 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Emails.******

Aug 23, 2018, 3:17 PM

Wait...stop right there. I'm flabbergasted.

Aug 23, 2018, 3:35 PM

($1 to @robertn)

A politician lied?

I remember this:

And I remember this:

And I even remember where the DNC rigged their own elections so Bernie Sanders couldn't win:

But now you're saying I should be SUPER DUPER upset because Trump lied?

I'm...flabbergasted.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vacuum sealing again?***

Aug 23, 2018, 3:43 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know you're dying for me to ask

Aug 23, 2018, 3:45 PM

What does that allusion mean?

Presenting arguments without any additional context

Aug 23, 2018, 3:46 PM

for the purpose of muddying the waters? That's what it seems like you're doing.

Anecdotally.

I'm flabbergasted.

Aug 23, 2018, 3:51 PM

Anecdotally, of course.

Do any of those things really need further explanation or context? They were all lies by politicians. Politicians lie.

But I'm supposed to be super duper upset and flabbergasted over this one. Because it's Trump.

What happened to Clinton after that lie?***

Aug 23, 2018, 3:53 PM

So, you DO remember it as a lie.

Aug 23, 2018, 3:55 PM

Why did you ask me about vacuum sealing again?

I'm not saying they weren't lies. The Obama one is a bit

Aug 23, 2018, 3:59 PM

more complex than that, and it's striking that after 8 years there's only two statements from him that get regurgitated by the jounge republicans over and over again.

Clinton perjured himself. It was a big deal. He was impeached.

The DNC was dirty. It led to them losing an election.

None of those actions excuse Trump. None of those politicians attacked the press and/or justice department over their lies.

For everything you listed, there were consequences.

I don't think I ever said anything should excuse Trump.

Aug 23, 2018, 4:06 PM

But is no great stretch to say a politician is lying. Any politician.

I only Left out Mark Sanford's trip to the Appalachian Trail because I couldn't find a good gif for it.

Cata, and you, are acting like this is the first time Trump has lied. It's probably easier to say when he hasn't lied. Do y'all get this upset every time he spouts a bunch of BS?

"None of those politicians attacked the press and/or justice department over their lies. "

So should they get a medal for that? I'm not sure what you are looking for here.

Vacuum sealing, indeed.

He's lied about stuff that was legal before. We're getting

Aug 23, 2018, 4:07 PM

into some new territory.

God....no.....tell me this isn’t a new metaphor.

Aug 23, 2018, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Vacuum sealing again?*** ]

I’m not even getting involved in your and ie’s debate, but please, please don’t introduce another halfasssed metaphor disguised as cleverness. We had almost gotten past “dog whistle”.

I beg you.

Think of the children.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: God....no.....tell me this isn’t a new metaphor.

Aug 23, 2018, 7:40 PM

Obed said:

I’m not even getting involved in your and ie’s debate, but please, please don’t introduce another halfasssed metaphor disguised as cleverness. We had almost gotten past “dog whistle”.

I beg you.

Think of the children.

^^^^ Now THAT is funny. +1

(tea shot outa my nose on that one.)

too funny

Aug 23, 2018, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Wait...stop right there. I'm flabbergasted. ]

the sad truth is no one lies on a scale even remotely approaching the great orange tyrant-wannabe

he is an utter stranger to the truth

he is nothing but a con man.. . always has been, always will be

Hey, a President lied before,

Aug 23, 2018, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Wait...stop right there. I'm flabbergasted. ]

therefore, all Presidents are allowed to lie. Daily. About illegal stuff. With no repercussions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, from your perspective

Aug 23, 2018, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Wait...stop right there. I'm flabbergasted. ]

DJT is essentially the same as Clinton (who was impeached), Obama (who is reviled by Republicans) and Wasserman-Schultz (who was forced out as DNC chair).

Got it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're all liars***

Aug 23, 2018, 4:08 PM

Just like Obama also had campaign finance violations?

Aug 23, 2018, 4:11 PM

Totally the same thing. Heck there was a $375K fine. It must have been really bad.

I can play this game

Aug 23, 2018, 4:13 PM

Lying is ok by our elected officials, but not too much, and only when it doesn't offend me if I like the guy.

Got it.

Of course it's not OK. Impeachment, Trump presidency, and

Aug 23, 2018, 4:15 PM

Tea Party. Those were the consequences.

What's going to happen this time?

I'm not good at future prognostication.

Aug 23, 2018, 4:23 PM

But if it goes to fruition as it appears today, I'd imagine impeachment, possible resignation, stock market tumble, minor/major recession, unemployment, much more debt, even more than we are incurring now, and an even faster path to the eventual meltdown when we can no longer live on debt.

But hey..we hated Trump, and we got him on Russian meddling and ruining our democracy!

Wait, no we didn't.

We got him on paying off two women.

Doesn't matter; We fixed those Republicans!1!

This is a terrible argument for abandoning the rule of law.

Aug 23, 2018, 4:29 PM

The economy might suffer because Donald J. Trump is no longer in the White House.

Just think about that for a bit.

Thats not what I'm saying, but you probably understand that.

Aug 23, 2018, 4:52 PM

I don't know what the guy did or didn't do. Did he talk to Russians about getting dirt on Hillary? Probably. Is it illegal? I have no effing idea. Should it be? Don't candidates get dirt on their adversaries all the time? Isn't that what the "October surprise" term comes from? If the DNC can legally fix their own elections where the star candidate is the only real choice, I'm not sure which is worse, and why both, or neither one of those things is illegal.

First we started with collusion from Russians and, of all things facebook advertisements. Facebook? C'mon-Who didn't know that was all a bunch of BS? The whole thing was a bunch of crap, and people are reveling over this like their football team just won.

But paying off two chicks so they won't run to the media? Why is that illegal? Should it be because the guy that's being blackmailed is a candidate? If it were you or me, it'd be extortion, and the chicks would be locked up. My understanding of campaign finance reform was that it came about to stop big money from influencing candidates. Maybe I have that all wrong, but I don't see where these two chicks were doing that. And after all the other stupid stuff he said, I doubt seriously they would have affected the election outcome. This has been a bigger witch hunt than the Clinton BJ thing ever was. Why didn't he resign or get locked up? Because it wasn't worth it, that whole thing was stupid, too.

If Trump sucked that bad as president, then let him suck doing what he was elected to do, and put somebody else in next time. That's a pretty regular occurrence and a lot less shock to our economy.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of a lot of the

Aug 23, 2018, 4:57 PM

facts and events surrounding this case. The emphasis on Facebook ads makes that pretty apparent.

We've had this debate before.

I said good day.

No, not really.

Aug 23, 2018, 4:58 PM

Anecdotally.

Re: I'm not good at future prognostication.

Aug 23, 2018, 7:42 PM [ in reply to I'm not good at future prognostication. ]

I don't think the stock market will tumble for more than a day, with corporate profits the way they are, they're not gonna slow down on the money making over Trump, not with vanilla Pence in the wings.

Who was in here saying the stock market was going to crash

Aug 23, 2018, 7:45 PM

after he got elected?

Re: I mean, it's not like Trump made payments while president.

Aug 23, 2018, 3:35 PM

But Obama

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#######. Should have gotten the taxpayers to foot the bill

Aug 23, 2018, 5:35 PM

The President should have the same perks as Congress.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I mean, it's not like Trump made payments while president.

Aug 23, 2018, 7:36 PM

Are you suggesting that Donald J Trump, President of the United States told a lie??

Oh hail no!

You leave America, right now!!

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic