Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
to beat auburn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,436

to beat auburn

Aug 16, 2012, 10:41 PM

we have to score first and make their offense a come from behind one. they are not a fast pace offense anymore and if we can get on top quick i think it puts them at a big disadvantage. they will try to limit our number of possesions on offense by running the football and taking time off the clock. but as maryland found out we can score and score quick with a fast pace offense and are most never out of a game. i think our defense has to be better and if we can get 1-2 turnovers we win by 14-17 points. make no mistake we will score and score often.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: to beat auburn

Aug 16, 2012, 10:45 PM

just make sure our OLine knows this. It's all on them against that experienced D from AU.

Aug 16, 2012, 10:52 PM

i agree and there d is talented and they recruit well but they are real young on d as well. i hope our o line gives boyd a few seconds because our offense is a timing one and can be disrupted if not given time. but i think auburn has to play zone against our receivers or we will kill them. our receivers are still one of the best groups in country without watkins. but with him we are without a doubt the best total group. i think our freshman wr from nc is going to be a really good one as well.

Re: to beat auburn- that experienced D

Aug 16, 2012, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: to beat auburn ]

is the same group who could stop anyone last year. Improve maybe but I doubt they will be lights out

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2012, 10:50 PM

Key to the Offense: OL has to protect Boyd and open up some holes for Elligton.

Key to the Defense: Stop the run and force Auburn's inexperienced QB to beat the defense.

i see one huge matchup issue that

Aug 16, 2012, 10:59 PM

Will determine the game. If we can avoid getting dominated in this matchup we win the game. I like all of the other matchup for us.

It's our OL vs their DL.

To beat Auburn

Aug 16, 2012, 11:04 PM

We're going to need to run the ball well. We can't drop back to pass 3 out of every 4 plays when we have an offensive line like this. Just run and run and run.

Wear their defense down. Hope that our defense can keep us in the game. And then when the O-line gets up to game speed and Tajh gets comfortable, you let the dogs out in the 2nd half.

We can't come out expecting to sling the ball all over the field when 3 of our Oline have never played a snap. Not gonna happen.

I want to get the first half of that Auburn game over with. If the OL looks like it did against Troy or Wofford last year...it's going to be a long night. That's just being realistic.

Aug 16, 2012, 11:21 PM

I think their strength is the defensive line... reading Phil Steele's it looks as though they are not experienced at the LB , the DB or the two deep defensively . If we can score 24 we can certainly win this game . They start a tiny RB in McCaleb who was a change of direction backup until they dismissed the starter this spring ... and they switched both coordinators. I know this is the SEC and all (cough) but they look like a year or so away from posing any threat to their division. I like our Tigers by 10 or so , so long as we perform on both sides of the ball the way we are capable.

Aug 17, 2012, 8:08 AM

Auburn has no qb at the moment. As has been said before, when you have yet to name a starter it essentially means you have no starter and just guys worthy of being a backup. The guy their fans thinks will start has thrown for a total of about 45 yards, no td's and a couple of int's for his resume.

Add to the lack of a qb the fact their only tailback with experience is McCaleb who is light and unlikely to take a full game of pounding, and you have to wonder where their offense will come from.

That being said, I think Auburn has the advantage along the line of scrimmage and that is why this game is only a 3 point spread. If the o-line is serviceable then it should be a win by a couple of scores, but if the o-line is getting dominated then this game will go down to the wire just as the oddsmakers are predicting.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,436
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic