Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
there's an argument against impeachment I don't get.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 785

there's an argument against impeachment I don't get.

Dec 18, 2019, 4:20 PM

It's the one that goes, "it'll undo the last election, undo the votes of 63 million voters". I mean, wouldn't any impeachment do that, justified or not? How is that fact alone a reason to not do it?

I do see how it plays to the base.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there's an argument against impeachment I don't get.

Dec 18, 2019, 4:23 PM

Trump and Pence shared those 63 million votes. Pence would be president if Trump gets dumped. So it would not "undo" the votes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's them, not us!

Dec 18, 2019, 4:28 PM

They're gonna take yer guns if you don't vote for this NRA supported candidate. Libruls'll be givin' out 'bortions on the corner if you don't vote for this candidate. It'll undo the will of the people if he gets impeached...they wanna take away your president, godking, cult leader.

It makes you mad if you think you're a victim.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All is Trumps supporters think they’re victims.***

Dec 18, 2019, 5:33 PM

Dems had the same rhetoric pre Clinton impeachment.

Dec 18, 2019, 4:53 PM

That doesn't validate anything. However, Hillary, after three years is still claiming to have won the election, Trump has been called occupant of the white house, an illegitimate president and his presidency has been dismissed as having been stolen due to Russian hacking of our democracy. Being that dems passionately sought to undo the last election for three years maybe Trump voters are sick of hearing about it.

If your skin has been damaged and missing a few of the outside layers even a breeze moving the hair growing in that area hurts.

TRIGGERED

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, it's a dumb argument, but an intentionally dumb one.

Dec 18, 2019, 5:26 PM

It's designed to stir up the average Trump supporter not smart enough to see the flawed logic. The argument basically says any president should have a free pass to do what he pleases because somehow it's overturning "the will of the people".

It's a lie designed to make the average Trumpie think his voice is being robbed by the Democrats.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Yeah, it's a dumb argument, but an intentionally dumb one.

Dec 18, 2019, 6:08 PM

The voice of the average American is robbed everyday by politicians and their extended circle jerk of friends. If we resort to impeaching every politician for every little thing someone could think of to biatch about, we’d be be better off going back to monarch. At least we won’t be at each other’s throats about what dumass we have to put up with from either party.

That is the type of response made by elitist

Dec 18, 2019, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Yeah, it's a dumb argument, but an intentionally dumb one. ]

########.

The argument presented by the OP always is made with the assumption of no proven impeachable offense, and one that seems politically motivated. Those two assumptions can be argued, and they might be right and they might be wrong.

But no, the answer is not, "Because they are stupid people."

You are not - you might want to sit down - smarter than other people. I'll give you a moment to recover.

From Obama's "they hold onto guns and bibles" to Hillary's "basket of deplorable" to the condescending attitudes of coastal elites, the left has purposely alienated anyone who does not agree with their leftist outlook by calling them stupid. As you just did.

The left is living in the consequence of that entitled and condescending attitude, and is they who are too stupid to know it.

Disclaimer: Did not vote for Trump, not a Trump supporter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, there are a lot of stupid people in this country.

Dec 19, 2019, 7:10 AM

On both sides. Some of them might work hard and are great people, but that doesn’t change the fact that just aren’t very smart when it comes to politics. And it not be because of lack of intelligence. It might be because of lack of exposure or education. I have a friend who is very sharp at his job, just morally a great all around person-but he only gets his news from Rush and OANN. I would consider him not intelligent when it comes to politics, because he has zero exposure to anything outside of his biased bubble. And there are many people like him on the left too. Comments like the OP described are designed to reel in people like him, because they know these people won’t question or fact check or challenge anything that is said by the leaders and news sources on their side.

This is a fantastic post.

Dec 19, 2019, 9:01 AM [ in reply to That is the type of response made by elitist ]

That is the type of response made by elitist ########

You may be the first person on this board to truly understand me.

The argument presented by the OP always is made with the assumption of no proven impeachable offense, and one that seems politically motivated. Those two assumptions can be argued, and they might be right and they might be wrong.

The point of the OP is that people don't really understand how this all works. You see, if Trump is removed from office, it doesn't "undo the 2016 election". Because his running mate, Mike Pence, whom the American people elected, still remains in office and takes the White House. Does Hillary Clinton get put in the White House if Trump is removed? No? Then why the #### do they keep yammering this point?

But no, the answer is not, "Because they are stupid people."

Well, it's a dumb argument and I just proved it above, so if you continue to make a dumb argument, well...

You are not - you might want to sit down - smarter than other people. I'll give you a moment to recover.

Wooo, buddy. Okay. You're gonna wanna hold on for this one:

Yes. I. Am.

Hell, simple philosophical logic eludes the majority of people on this board, and that's a camp in which you seem to be firmly planted based on this post.

From Obama's "they hold onto guns and bibles" to Hillary's "basket of deplorable" to the condescending attitudes of coastal elites, the left has purposely alienated anyone who does not agree with their leftist outlook by calling them stupid. As you just did.

A prime example of what I just said above. You just employed a false equivalency fallacy. What you listed above doesn't compare to this specific argument. We're addressing one dumb argument and, to my point, how those in power hammer this point home so stupid people will latch on to it.

The left is living in the consequence of that entitled and condescending attitude, and is they who are too stupid to know it.

And if you think I'm part of the left, well, you lack a basic intellectual understanding of political ideology. See below.

Disclaimer: Did not vote for Trump, not a Trump supporter.

At least you have that going for you. So, I bet you don't consider yourself a leftist, right? And you don't support Trump, right?

Which means........... just because someone doesn't support Trump doesn't mean he's a leftist. Oh, hey, look at that.

Now you're learning.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Nice post.

Dec 19, 2019, 9:52 AM

I always love the "just because I agree with illogical reasoning and dumb people doesn't mean I'm dumb! That's why no one likes you Democrats!"

I hope I'm learning, though it seems to not be a shared

Dec 19, 2019, 10:58 PM [ in reply to This is a fantastic post. ]

aspiration. I appreciate your claim of understanding of false equivalencies and the like, but while you got the vocabulary down but for a smart guy you don't got the application. I wasn't equivalating anything to the OP: I was equivalating your comment to elitist jerks.

Many who don't support Trump are not left. Many who left are not elitist jerks. i was not addressing either of those.

Sorry I was not clear on the equivalencies before.

It’s the political version of the BCS system

Dec 18, 2019, 6:14 PM

Maybe that makes sense to others, maybe I’ve gone full blown 7 spots.

But that’s what I’ve got now.

I haven’t heard that used as an argument against it

Dec 18, 2019, 6:35 PM

I have heard it used as a reason the Dems had better be GD sure they’re doing the right thing, because if their case isn’t airtight, there will be 63+M people with that very sentiment, fired up and ready for 2020.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. I’d rather embarrass him at the ballot box, but who

Dec 18, 2019, 6:46 PM

the heck knows who gets the nomination.

Biden? Don’t know if I could vote for him. See how he does and what he sez in the debates. Warren? Nope. Sanders? Nope? Mayor Pete? Yep.

3rd party? Blumenthal? Yep. Jeb? Yep. Kacish? Yep

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2019, 8:03 PM

Because this one is split right down party lines. Go look up the vote proportions for Clinton and Nixon.

meanwhile you morons are ignorant of how much tax money

Dec 18, 2019, 8:41 PM

is wasted on this political distraction! Everyone is too busy taking sides in a game that all politicians win! They play you like little minions and you jump up and down in rage on both sides. Meanwhile they get what they want regardless of the outcome. What a wasted life to follow this crap.

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Dec 19, 2019, 7:00 AM

“We have to impeach him, otherwise he’s going to win the election”

Congressman Al Green

Trump won because Americans don't like Congress

Dec 19, 2019, 8:25 AM

Their approval numbers hover in the high teens to low 20's, and have forever. Doesn't matter the party in control either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 785
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic