Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As much as we hate Swoffie, the ACC has clearly decided
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

As much as we hate Swoffie, the ACC has clearly decided

Jan 27, 2016, 9:58 AM

where its bread is buttered. Both Clemson and FSU's schedules are set up to maximize both team potential and sets up the Atlantic Division (de-facto Conference title) for a late October slug match. This match up date with FSU even ensures that Clemson could crawl back up to the top 4 conversation even in the (improbable) event of a loss in that game.

I think where Clemson has been handed a gauntlet schedule in the past, those days are behind us as we will continue to carry the ACC banner and bolster our conference in the foreseeable future.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As much as we hate Swoffie, the ACC has clearly decided

Jan 27, 2016, 10:01 AM

Agree .
I think VT made a fantastic hire in Fuente from Memphis . The guy is young and hungry .
UNCheat lools like they are in good hands . Miami with Richt could beef things up as well and Duke is competitive with Cutcliffe , as far as GT and UVA ...who knows .
Coastal is set to trend up I think . I hope anyway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

UVA has arguably the best hire dollar for dollar for what

Jan 27, 2016, 10:05 AM

they got in Mendenhall. I think it will still take 5 years to fix that program, but that was a huge hire IMO.

Re: UVA has arguably the best hire dollar for dollar for what

Jan 27, 2016, 10:27 AM

I had forgotten that Mendenhall was the Hoo hire .
He's a good coach , and now they've opened up the recruiting pipeline of Utah and Idaho ...possibly even northwestern Nevada .
Lol .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

the problem is

Jan 27, 2016, 10:29 AM

the team that loses will most likely not be in the ACCCG, thus will not get in the playoff. If they really want to do something, we really need to be in different divisions and make us the guaranteed game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have found ourselves in a period where the

Jan 27, 2016, 10:33 AM

Atlantic division is quite top-heavy. But remember the days when VT was the guaranteed lock for the ACC and FSU and Clemson were sputtering through the mid 2000s. It is all cyclical. Personally, I think FSU is somewhat on the decline. They have continued to recruit well, but I think most Nole fans would agree that 10-3 capped off by an embarrassing loss to a mid-major made for a disappointing year.

They are looking to rebound and win the ACC next year, but they have to rip the crown away from Deshaun. Even at home, that is a tall order for the Seminoles. I think we learn from the mistakes of that 2014 game down there. And we steal a win in Tally for the first time in a decade.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic