Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
the posts on this site never cease to amaze me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 1

the posts on this site never cease to amaze me

Jun 9, 2020, 10:43 AM

it's amazing the #### folks feel comfortable posting when they feel they are in their 'safe space'. and yes, that's exactly what Tigernet is for SOME of y'all White dudes. A place where you can say some dumb ### ignorant ####. "slavery was bad, but would black people even be here without it?"

I'm not even sure what that is supposed to mean. this place sucks

edit - this was in response to some nonsense on the main board. it was broad brush, but I meant it for some of the garbage I have been seeing over there.

Message was edited by: 3timeTiger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Re: this posts on this site never cease to amaze me

Jun 9, 2020, 10:45 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: this posts on this site never cease to amaze me

Jun 9, 2020, 10:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have black granddaughters....

Jun 9, 2020, 10:50 AM

So don't lump us all in the same group. And Celtic has a black girlfriend. All white people are not the same. Just like all black people aren't the same. HTH

I know Celtic personally. In fact, I texted him just I

Jun 9, 2020, 10:59 AM

posted this. I just can't with this place. it's soul crushing at times to read this. some folks are joking, but a lot are now and it's disappointing.

I spent 10 years in school at Clemson. I live here now. I came BACK here. it's a part of my life. I'm an advocate for this place. But it is not perfect. and it can be better. And it makes me sad and angry that folks don't want to hear that and don't want to even have a conversation.

based on some posts here, I've been called whiny, ungrateful, and a whole lot of other stuff because I think that some building/college names should change. it honest isn't the end of the world. and to call it history is silly. History is what's written in books and displayed in museum. it's the HISTORY that tells us that what these folks stood during their day isn't applicable now. So yea, we can change a flipping building name. it shouldn't represent us.

For the record, I graduated from the Calhoun Honors College and I consider it a big middle finger to that SOB.

i'm done. I wasn't planning to say anything, because I didn't feel it was worth my energy. I have said little in general about events going on today because it feels like banging my head against a wall.

I got your back.

Jun 9, 2020, 11:05 AM

For what little difference it makes coming from a non-alum. Whole lotta ######## being spewed left and right, and it is very surprising that the mods would just choose to move these posts to another bored rather than delete them. They serve no purpose.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you need to have thick skin

Jun 9, 2020, 11:08 AM [ in reply to I know Celtic personally. In fact, I texted him just I ]

for some of the posts to not affect you or me

sometimes is like a Daniel Tosh tour in here sometimes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

typicalkly I do. COVID19 and the civil rights movement, part

Jun 9, 2020, 11:12 AM

II have worn me down though. It's best that I stay away (especially from P&R). I just checked in at the wrong time.

I just don’t P&R

Jun 9, 2020, 1:42 PM

Because it’s way to easy to get sucked into an argument when it’s just a difference of opinions. It’s OK to have differing opinions. It’s also OK to TALK about it rationally without going crazy on someone until they think like you. I don’t mean YOU you, just figurative you. Even having to explain that is a sign of the times. Lol

I’ve stayed quiet about it all and was accused of being racist because of just that... ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Don’t mange either btw. Lol***

Jun 9, 2020, 1:45 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a military brat....

Jun 9, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to I know Celtic personally. In fact, I texted him just I ]

My Dad raised me to never judge a person because of the color of their skin. Never have. Even when we moved back to our home state of SC. All we can do is hope to change one person's mind at a time. Things will gradually change. Maybe not as quickly as we hope. The best we can do is to ignore the ignorance and hate.

It's to slow of a process but AMEN! *****

Jun 9, 2020, 5:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your post reminds me of...

Jun 9, 2020, 5:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCUlE5ldPvM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The first time I heard that people wanted to change the name

Jun 9, 2020, 4:29 PM [ in reply to I know Celtic personally. In fact, I texted him just I ]

of Tillman Hall, I was against it. I thought it was silly and unneeded. Ben gave us the chicken curse. I honestly never knew anything about him until many years after I graduated, other than the chicken curse and he didn't like the snobby coots in Columbia. I am grateful for what he did for Clemson, but its time to move on.

Today I have no problem at all renaming it and also no problem renaming Calhoun College. That does not change history. What is does is create a way to honor some new people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have black granddaughters....

Jun 9, 2020, 11:49 AM [ in reply to I have black granddaughters.... ]

Precious.

Jun 9, 2020, 9:09 PM

Great pic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Father....

Jun 10, 2020, 6:41 AM

I love them very much. They visit quite often. They are 2 of 8 of me granddaughters.

I only have one grandchild - he is 10 mos old this week

Jun 10, 2020, 6:46 AM

so he is my favorite. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hoo the #### said that?

Jun 9, 2020, 10:53 AM

Are you sure you weren't on the P&R bored?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prolly the mange***

Jun 9, 2020, 10:54 AM

I believe it was this ignorant #######.

Jun 9, 2020, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Hoo the #### said that? ]

So mange, perhaps a non-Clemson troll or maybe not, then P&R dump.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Slavery=BAD--but-is-a-part-of-what-MADE-this-country-27335699

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So yeah...the P&R

Jun 9, 2020, 11:07 AM

I gotta say though, if you get offended by the P&R bored, it's kinda your own fault. Everyone knows how it is in there. Thinking you're going to waltz in there with anything other than a one sided view and then get offended when it's exactly how everyone knows it to be is a little silly.

I’m pretty sure it was a Mange dump.

Jun 9, 2020, 11:10 AM

Not the normal P&R posters on there.

Crump & BMeist thought it best to put that in P&R

Jun 9, 2020, 11:12 AM

and not delete it?

Crump®

Yikes

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.

Jun 9, 2020, 11:15 AM

I mean, I could be wrong, and if I am, @Crump® Or Bmeist tell me.

But no matter what board, #### like that shouldn’t stay up.

On this note, MODS:

Jun 9, 2020, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Crump & BMeist thought it best to put that in P&R ]

Crump®\
B-Meist®

Gents-
MAJOR work to do over in the mange, and P&R board for that matter. There is content being repeatedly posted there that is disgusting and embarrassing, and HAS to be bad for business.

Please to be getting to deleting and tmale warning or whatevs. It will take a lot of work but it can be done. Do it because it's right, do it for your own reputations, do it for the reputation of clemson, or do it because you got some real ######## over there. Pick your own reason, just do it.

The mange is particular is a debacle right now. Cesspool of stupidity and ignorance. Kill it off.

You don't have to go far. Look at SoMe oF yOur REgUlaR pOStErs to start.

Ya'll get that place good and cleaned up over there, and rest assured we'll be on good behavior over there. I'll see to it for you. Trust me on this.

I feel there is some sort of cryptic message in there

Jun 9, 2020, 11:41 AM

somewhere. Can't be sure.

broseph

Jun 9, 2020, 12:10 PM

he old and on the whiskey while watching fox news.

It was on the mange when I saw it

Jun 9, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to I’m pretty sure it was a Mange dump. ]

it was one of many turds I perused. Like a train wreck, I couldn't look away.

The P&R is a weird echo chamber of white male

Jun 9, 2020, 11:08 AM [ in reply to I believe it was this ignorant #######. ]

boomers and some really really dumb shit comes out every day.

To think, he typed that post out, edited it, re-read it, and still thought that is was worth posting. He is probably even proud of his "Knowledge" of American History and his groundbreaking opinions.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing wrong with being a white male boomer though.***

Jun 9, 2020, 12:38 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Not usually, no there isn't.***

Jun 9, 2020, 2:02 PM

Who’s worse?

Jun 9, 2020, 2:55 PM [ in reply to The P&R is a weird echo chamber of white male ]

The angry white boomer or the angry white progressive millennial?

Both are pretty angry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the context of the mange....

Jun 9, 2020, 6:23 PM

is that a real question, though?

He wants the '80s back.

Jun 9, 2020, 11:14 AM [ in reply to I believe it was this ignorant #######. ]

The ####### 1780s.

Re: I believe it was this ignorant #######.

Jun 9, 2020, 11:19 AM [ in reply to I believe it was this ignorant #######. ]

and it's been removed. Finally.

Shall we mosey over to the mange and p&r with an RA parade to clean up the place?

lol, they deleted it after I tagged them in a post and

Jun 9, 2020, 11:25 AM

after they deleted my post that had the f-word in it.

P R I O R I T I E S

It amuses me one can get a week long ban for posting an

Jun 9, 2020, 11:38 AM

attractive lady in swimwear, but a post advocating the benefits of slavery in this day and age just get moved to another forum until they get called out multiple times.

AD REVENUE!!!

That was more of the mange BS that gets dumped over here and

Jun 9, 2020, 11:19 AM [ in reply to I believe it was this ignorant #######. ]

It’s not a representation of any lungers I know. Pretty tight community in here 3timeTiger® that you used to be a welcomed part of before self-distancing. That’s unfair to come out swinging at everyone as “white dudes in safe spaces” over one generic poster who represents only himself and a pisspoor choice by the mods to dump him over here.

I’m genuinely sorry for any strife that guy caused you, but to use game day as an analogy, you just yelled at your entire tailgate over something some idiot on the Hill said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So I'll acknowledge that I was not clear in my statement

Jun 9, 2020, 11:23 AM

I was typing in frustration after having read more than few stupid ### posts on the main board. I came here to vent to my ....friends...and I failed to 1) indicate that I'd read some dumb #### on the mange and 2) include the word SOME. which I implied, but wasn't clear about.

however, this place (all of it) does still suck with no lbods and no sports. woof...;)

Fair enough, and thank you. If it makes you feel better,

Jun 9, 2020, 11:28 AM

Andrew Dice Clay would get offended by some of the crap on the main board. Just don’t go there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you want to better represent the Honors College

Jun 9, 2020, 11:29 AM [ in reply to So I'll acknowledge that I was not clear in my statement ]

USE BETTER GRAMMAR!
??

you say lbods?

Jun 9, 2020, 11:41 AM [ in reply to So I'll acknowledge that I was not clear in my statement ]

Love my local anchor Jovita Moore

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: you say lbods?

Jun 10, 2020, 1:01 PM

A newscast can become "must see" with a beautiful lady. Even the weather.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHALE

Jun 9, 2020, 11:43 AM [ in reply to So I'll acknowledge that I was not clear in my statement ]

I noticed you didn't list FBCoachSC® as a reason the Lounge sucks right now, so I'll do it for you

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The dumps from the mange really suck....

Jun 9, 2020, 11:29 AM [ in reply to That was more of the mange BS that gets dumped over here and ]

would just be better to delete something when it's posted on the wrong board, imho.

I can't think of too many, if any, lungers I would consider rassist.

She's yelled at a tailgate before..............

Jun 9, 2020, 5:22 PM [ in reply to That was more of the mange BS that gets dumped over here and ]

Some of us were there. Just sayin ...........

Hey trying to throw some levity in here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol!***

Jun 9, 2020, 5:33 PM

I didn't name names. ******

Jun 9, 2020, 6:12 PM

Lemme tell you about this time she and I were watching

Jun 9, 2020, 6:16 PM [ in reply to She's yelled at a tailgate before.............. ]

Clemson Clemsoning against the Wolfpack at my corner bar in Bawlmer.

It wasn’t pretty, nor was it for children. And there were some folks there that had no idea a football game was on, much less the importance of winning. But, it was a good time.

I can imagine brother. And I've heard ...........

Jun 9, 2020, 6:28 PM

Kelli utter words that a Debutante shouldn't even know lol.

Football is important to these ladies.

omg I was just remembering my Bawlmer days last night

Jun 10, 2020, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Lemme tell you about this time she and I were watching ]

the ACCN was replaying the 2011 Auburn game. I remembered tearing my Achilles on the Monday of that week and still traveling back to Clemson and hobbling to that game on crutches. LOL

I also remember watching with you...and meeting up with @rreflux to watch a game.

The best was the Sammy game against UMD though.

That UMD game was my first and only time watching a

Jun 10, 2020, 11:06 AM

game at College Park. The MD students were talking so much trash to our section in the first half. Mid 4th qtr, nowhere to be found.

agreed 100%

Jun 9, 2020, 10:54 AM

in particular, the mange. Mange is awfuler right now than ever before. And do note it isn't all them white dudes. It's some of 'em. Even a lot of 'em. But certainly not all.

Meanwhile my folks are crossing the border by the hundreds because no one is paying attention right now.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Over-the-past-week-or-two-Ive-really-started-to-wish-1997180?tstart=0

LOL at the white dude with his feelings hurt TDing you.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I agree. And this is coming from a guy who is half black

... from the waist down

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Sometimes when we react,

Jun 9, 2020, 11:11 AM

it’s easy to cast a wide net or throw out the baby with the bath water.

Yes, a portion of Tigernet sucks...and often a significant portion (mostly mange and p&r, but I know the lounge isn’t immune). That doesn’t mean this place sucks. A significant portion of humans suck. That doesn’t make all people terrible. I am thankful that you are here and that you feel comfortable enough to speak your mind. I’ve also enjoyed hanging out with you at The Warlord’s tailgate when I’ve had the opportunity.

I appreciate your perspective and like to read your posts when you drop in from time to time. Just please be aware that there are people here who value your posts and opinions.

I think the problem lies in that it becomes an echo chamber

Jun 9, 2020, 11:39 AM

of deeply backwards and flawed thinking.

Folks are also bothered more by the idea of being called a racist, than espousing racist ideas or admitting it’s existence.

Just an FYI

Jun 9, 2020, 11:45 AM

Echo chambers dont exist just for opinions you don't agree with.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only one hurts crootin***

Jun 9, 2020, 11:48 AM

Because THAT'S what matters in all of this.***

Jun 9, 2020, 11:50 AM

It’s a joke dude. I forget how insufferable you are***

Jun 9, 2020, 11:56 AM

Thanks for proving my point

Jun 9, 2020, 12:06 PM

You can have it one way, but not the other. Relax a smidge.

What the #### are you even talking about, one way but not

Jun 9, 2020, 12:12 PM

the other?

One way is virulent racism which has been in full display for the past month on here.

Its not that deep

Jun 9, 2020, 12:14 PM

One way: "I get to joke, but you can't"

The other: "we both get to joke because this is a message board on the internet that has no bearing on anyones actual life and you should take everything with a grain of salt"

You're on one this morning my friend.

Unless you are referencing some exchange elsewhere

Jun 9, 2020, 12:19 PM

it is hard to get that from this exchange.

#ImLost

RobertN said he made a joke

Jun 9, 2020, 12:22 PM

I am also saying I made a joke. One of us called the other "insufferable" while the other is just livin large eating Uncle Ben's instant Spanish Rice with tomatoes and peppers and a side of Chobani flip (cookie dough, if youre wondering) and almonds.

I missed the humor in your post because they’re normally

Jun 9, 2020, 12:40 PM

devoid of it.

This place has been a lot of things. An echo chamber for progressives isn’t one of them. It’s one of the reasons I enjoy posting on here, to see others viewpoints and challenge my own.

The #### being posted lately(and always) goes beyond the pale in many circumstances.

You’ve always prided yourself on being the turd in the lunge punchbowl. Embrace it.

Guys, guys, GUYS. Squash this. I know how to fix this

Jun 9, 2020, 12:46 PM

Both of you should send tiddie pigs of your wives to each other.

Then you both come back and post them hear.

I missed the humor in your joke as well

Jun 9, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to I missed the humor in your post because they’re normally ]

But I didn't get really bent out of shape over your post in the internet, name call or insinuate I have said ANYTHING about racism or progressiveness one way or the other.

Imagine being you, I couldn't. I really couldn't.

Didn’t realize I was name calling. Insufferable turd in the

Jun 9, 2020, 2:00 PM

punchbowl has been your shtick for years.

Luv you booboo***

Jun 9, 2020, 2:02 PM

Saw this yesterday on Messican restaurant computer screen...

Jun 9, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to I think the problem lies in that it becomes an echo chamber ]

??

1 piece of ####?***

Jun 9, 2020, 12:02 PM

You have more education than 99.99% of the people who post

Jun 9, 2020, 11:20 AM

on here. I wouldn't let any of this bother you.

You're one of the few who can read all this stuff and go "idiots", and it actually mean something.

"slavery was bad, but would black people even be here

Jun 9, 2020, 12:07 PM

without it?" is an ignorant statement, and we should all feel insulted by it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: the posts on this site never cease to amaze me

Jun 9, 2020, 12:25 PM

Its is shocking. Eye opening too.

Dang there’s a lot going on in this thread......

Jun 9, 2020, 12:51 PM

Reading it on mobile sucks. These last few weeks I don’t know what to say anymore. It seems whatever you say someone will take offense to it.

Whomever made the comment about slavery is ignorant and insensitive. I do think the Lounge is the safest place if you’re going to get on here. We’re sorta like a family and stuck together. I haven’t seen any derogatory remarks here.

Tiff I obviously can’t walk in your shoes. Heck I’m as Casper as it gets. But I’ve had people stare and whisper when out with Sonja. I saw her profiled in a store once because I walked in ahead of her because she was on the phone. I saw her cry once in 4 yrs because someone made a racist remark at a cookout.

Heck we aren’t together anymore because her dad found out I was white. I mean I didn’t lynch his great grandfather. But I can sorta see his point.

I’m not sure if this ramble made any sense. You hang in there girl! I know that’s easier said than done.

I’ll be glad when I get home and read/point. ******

Jun 9, 2020, 1:01 PM

I cam over here to vent. I was super frustrated. the main

Jun 9, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Dang there’s a lot going on in this thread...... ]

board can be embarrassing at times.

the lounge is good people for sure. Definitely a better place to be than over there --->

Im glad you realize this bunch of losers isn't all terrible

Jun 9, 2020, 1:11 PM

It's funny that the older I get, the less active I am on here, but I am more active with certain individuals from here in my personal life. I think its pretty cool that the majority of us know one another outside of a keyboard.

100% - too many cockroaches, and it is an ugly mess***

Jun 9, 2020, 1:15 PM

Change is coming, I pray

Jun 10, 2020, 6:36 AM

there can no longer be those of us who are supportive but silent. There has to be significant change in what we do, how we act, who we vote for, things we have lived with, etc.

Replies: 82
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic