Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can somebody explain all this SEC comraderie?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Can somebody explain all this SEC comraderie?

May 9, 2016, 2:00 PM

Why do they all pull for each other? Is it because collectively they're all the worst schools and easiest to get into?

We Acc people don't root for our conference and chant Acc! Acc! Like they do in the SEC.

Please someone explain.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its the bottom SEC schools that do it. You wont hear

May 9, 2016, 2:03 PM

Alabama or LSU cheering for each other, because they are actually competing with each over over something relevant- like a title

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Bull.. I hear that stuff from bama fans all the time.***

May 9, 2016, 2:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Why do people pay $150 for a pair of nikes that cost $2 to make?

May 9, 2016, 2:03 PM

There is a reason Clemson has a marketing major.

People are insecure ray.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Follow

May 9, 2016, 2:08 PM

THE MONEY!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Can somebody explain all this SEC comraderie?

May 9, 2016, 2:08 PM

that's what you get when you marry cousins, over and over

May 9, 2016, 2:10 PM

You guys do it too, you guys just don't admit it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

That isn't true. I don't do it.***

May 9, 2016, 2:11 PM

May 9, 2016, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Can somebody explain all this SEC comraderie? ]

i don't understand it myself, but you're wrong 09. A lot of these guys will pull against an ACC team in a minute. Hell, if UNC is playing, say Auburn, they'll be pulling for Auburn as hard as they can. Conference loyalty means nothing to these guys.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Never became a big deal till y'all joined the SEC and

May 9, 2016, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Can somebody explain all this SEC comraderie? ]

then you wanted to use it to batter the conference you were no longer in.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2016, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Can somebody explain all this SEC comraderie? ]

I don't even like my cousins

I sure as he!l don't***

May 9, 2016, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Can somebody explain all this SEC comraderie? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Not a chance

May 9, 2016, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Can somebody explain all this SEC comraderie? ]

you didn't hear a single ACC chant in Billy Brice this year. Perhaps its because we ARE the coattails for the ACC but SC just rides the coattails of others.

When UNC plays UGA to open the season, I will pull for either stadium implosion or UGA. I doubt you will find to many Bama fans that will be pulling for Auburn that same weekend.

Re: Not a chance

May 9, 2016, 2:30 PM

Auburn and Alabama are a bit different as they are rivals.

However, I used to date the daughter of a guy who went to Alabama. He was cheering for Auburn when they played FSU for the national title.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama fans hate FSU as well

May 9, 2016, 2:34 PM

There wasn't a single Auburn or UGA fan in my office that wasn't pulling for Clemson this January.

so....are you saying you actively cheer for Clemson

May 9, 2016, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Not a chance ]

on a regular basis??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2016, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Not a chance ]

You guys chanted ACC after beating UGA in 2013.

May 9, 2016, 2:42 PM

When Clemson fans chant ACC they are just mocking South Carolina. I can assure that many (maybe most) of them dont't give a rip about the ACC. Most Clemson fans consider USC's SEC love to be a joke.

Message was edited by: tinker®

May 9, 2016, 3:52 PM

Sure ;)

the SEC definietly started this whole conference pride stuff

May 9, 2016, 4:02 PM

you can't argue that. It all started back when Florida killed a supposedly invincible Ohio State in the national title and then things like the SEC just being better started to emerge

Re: the SEC definietly started this whole conference pride stuff

May 9, 2016, 4:05 PM

I don't think the SEC started it. Fans have always been loyal to their conferences.

But you're right that the SEC took it to a whole new level and made it a rallying cry.

I just find it funny that some of your fans are like, "we would never do that." Then when presented with a time they did it, "Oh we did it but we're just mocking you."

I find it funny that you just can't stay away from this

May 9, 2016, 4:07 PM

board

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2016, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: the SEC definietly started this whole conference pride stuff ]

Well, to be honest, every fan of every other conference that does it, does it to mock the SEC. It's funny. If you don't want to believe that that's fine. But, even fans of other SEC schools feel that Carolina takes it to a whole 'nother level. I might add that the SEC is not winning all these NC's in football. Alabama is. Without Alabama, the SEC is an ordinary conference.

May 9, 2016, 4:47 PM

Likewise without Alabama a couple other SEC schools would have won national championships recently.

May 9, 2016, 5:39 PM

And that is your opinion. Not fact.

and a pretty stupid opinion at that***

May 9, 2016, 5:49 PM

that is complete and utter horsesh!t...go spread your BS

May 9, 2016, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: the SEC definietly started this whole conference pride stuff ]

somewhere else you conference #####

I will admit that I pull for ACC teams when

May 9, 2016, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: the SEC definietly started this whole conference pride stuff ]

They play an SEC school or somebody else I dont like such as Michigan, Ohio St, USC, Texas...

When said ACC school happens to be FSU or UNC or even GT, I have a really hard time pulling for them under any circumstance, but still root for them when they play their SEC rivals

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes perfectt sense. More wins equal more dollars.***

May 9, 2016, 10:50 PM

Makes perfect sense.***

May 9, 2016, 10:52 PM [ in reply to I will admit that I pull for ACC teams when ]

Actually TIP, Lou Holtz started at USuC when theyw ere 1-21

May 9, 2016, 5:21 PM [ in reply to the SEC definietly started this whole conference pride stuff ]

convinced that whole crowd that they'd win any other conference if they were in it.Then ESecPN started pimping it 24 hours a day when they sunk the money in the SEC football contract. Now, they won't release nielsen numbers for the SEC Network LOL If it was what they told us it would be, they'd be pimping it.

it is done to mock you, not imitate you.***

May 9, 2016, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Not a chance ]

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I was there and I don't remember that at all

May 9, 2016, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Not a chance ]

of course, I was also there in 2014 when UGA beat us and I don't recall them chanting SEC either.

You're just envious of big brother aren't you?......***

May 9, 2016, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Not a chance ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Heels!***

May 9, 2016, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Not a chance ]

May 9, 2016, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Can somebody explain all this SEC comraderie? ]

The bottom feeders in the SEC feel it necessary and mandatory they ride the coattails of the big dogs. Being a graduate of both the University of Florida and Clemson University I am definitely aware of how students and graduates of some schools play the "conference affiliation" game. Having no history of their own success, one school in the SEC is a prime example of attempting to ride the success of other schools in the conference.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do it to mock the silly SEC!******

May 9, 2016, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Can somebody explain all this SEC comraderie? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We do it to mock the silly SEC!******

May 9, 2016, 4:53 PM

Sure you do ;)

You have a point....I guess I would chant "ACC" too if I

May 9, 2016, 4:58 PM

depended on a couple of other teams to fill my coffers so I could continue to be their whipping boy. Your fans like to brag about the money they get because of the SEC, but all that money hasn't gotten you diddly squat in terms of championships......so what's the big deal?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have a point....I guess I would chant "ACC" too if I

May 9, 2016, 5:05 PM

You're right that we haven't capitalized in football by having an advantage of revenue. Of course the advantage is relatively new.

Hopefully Muschamp can utilize that financial advantage better.

that's all you've got left isn't it? Hope, hope that Chump

May 9, 2016, 5:52 PM

will succeed with considerably less than he had at Florida

the acc is the premeir conferance in basketball, and yet i

May 9, 2016, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: We do it to mock the silly SEC!****** ]

don't hear the acc,acc,acc chant like y'all (the sec) does in football. your conference had a nice little run the last few years of the pollsters era, when they get to cherry pick the mnc match-up. but to sit there and thump y'alls chest at your sec brethren winning titles,while usuc,kentucky,vandy, the miss. schools,etc. get drilled most years by out-of-conf. teams sure seems asinine to me. especially when 'bama and lsu (that's the only two perennial contenders) laugh at the rest of their conf's. wannabe's jock-strap sniffing.

Let me show you 09'

May 9, 2016, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Can somebody explain all this SEC comraderie? ]

These are your people...

Tell me with a straight face and nothing in your mouth that Clemson fans do and say these things..

We are Clemson - we stand alone. We do not need, nor want conference affiliation for our validation...

You are welcome, and most certainly will, continue to ride the SEC's (Alabama's) coattail

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/how-did-we-lose-rudolph.165240/

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Let me show you 09'

May 9, 2016, 9:10 PM

Admittedly it's much harder to ACC! ACC! because there isn't much it has to throw in the face of the SEC.

But that thread is pretty pathetic.

could you provide some proof, shouldn't be hard...you're

May 9, 2016, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Can somebody explain all this SEC comraderie? ]

ALWAYS here, you certainly have the time

Because they haven't developed rivalries with new schools

May 9, 2016, 2:25 PM

They are too spread out to encounter the fans etc. Florida just won't ever care about TAMU. There is a certain aspect to it with some ACC teams. I don't think I'll ever really care about Pitt, so what does it hurt to pull for them.

Plus, the SEC offices actually protect their schools. Remember when there were about 7 SEC teams on probation, after being turned in by other SEC schools? Instead of the SEC telling teams to quit cheating, they changed the rules that their schools had to first report the complaint to it to the SEC offices instead of the NCAA. The ACC will throw anyone not named UNC under the bus.

Old money new money thing

May 9, 2016, 2:30 PM

The newer members are the ones that do it the most - USuC, TAMU and Missou just like you'll hear it from Louisville fans a little. The programs that do it the most - USuC and TAMU got away from a big brother where they comparably sucked (i.e. Clemson and Texas) and think they're hot stuff now that they've changed conferences. They have a brief flash in the lab at some point then fall back to suckdom and now all they have left us their conference. Pretty pathetic. They don't even realize that most of their conference is laughing at them.

so you can still be happy after being beaten by kentucky

May 9, 2016, 3:58 PM

in baseball. and sometimes football.

Kind of like all the gheys support each other.***

May 9, 2016, 4:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

It's like a Fluffer thinking she's really part of the movie.

May 9, 2016, 5:08 PM

Plenty of people here have rooted for the ACC,

May 9, 2016, 6:50 PM

it goes both ways. ACC folks might do it a little less, but it definitely happens.

It's just to make fun f U Coots.***

May 9, 2016, 6:57 PM

We can debate all night whether that is true.

May 9, 2016, 8:20 PM

Either way, it definitely happens.

And not a coot, just pointing out facts. Sorry it upsets you.

MIGHT do it a LITTLE less?***

May 9, 2016, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Plenty of people here have rooted for the ACC, ]

Birds of a feather, cluck together.***

May 9, 2016, 9:25 PM

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic