Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LMAO... Charleston newspaper gets the two USC's mixed up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,531

LMAO... Charleston newspaper gets the two USC's mixed up

Oct 5, 2017, 7:11 PM

"USC has a rifle-armed quarterback, three strong running backs and a fleet of wide receivers and tight ends so deep the backups would be starting anywhere else in the SEC."

Yeah, Sam Darnold is a great QB and the Trojans have a lot of talent, but I'm not sure their 2nd-string RBs, WRs & TEs would be starting "anywhere in the SEC". That's a bit of a stretch, to say the least...

Oh, wait a minute. Is he talking about the Chickens?? Wow. This dude is really high. He must have bought in quantity and sat on them, there haven't been any good ludes since Rorer sold out to Lemmon in the late 70s.

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/gamecocks-throw-away-momentum-in---loss-at-texas/article_3a577056-a5f5-11e7-bb2e-974317c02f6f.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

the 714 still brings back memories

Oct 5, 2017, 7:24 PM

you are exactly right about the pharm. co.'s . lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is only one USC. It's in California.

Oct 5, 2017, 7:24 PM

UofSC is in Cootlumbia. Even the coots know this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: There is only one USC. It's in California.

Oct 5, 2017, 7:39 PM

Cloninger has turned the "Post and Courier" into another "The State" newspaper. If you look at the Post and Courier front page of the sports section, one would think the Coots won the national title. He has totally taken over the sports section with his coot propaganda. In fairness, his predecessor was equally as bad and their boss, Sapakoff, is a big time SEC homer. Apparently, this paper is owned by a coot fan. It is truly laughable sometimes such as the article you mentioned.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LMAO... Charleston newspaper gets the two USC's mixed up

Oct 5, 2017, 7:35 PM

In the article it said they had the game nearly buttoned up with a ten point lead midway thru the third quarter. Ummmmm what? Since when does having a ten point lead with a quarter and a half to go mean the game is almost buttoned up? Par for the coarse with those morons.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LMAO... Charleston newspaper gets the two USC's mixed up

Oct 5, 2017, 7:44 PM

It's the unrealistic expectations of a delusional fanbase. First off, Jake Bentley is one of the most overhyped/overrated players in the SEC. The best compliment I can give him is that he plays like a coach's son. You can tell he knows the game but he does not have the arm talent or consistent accuracy to match the hype. He does a lot of short passes to help his stats. Their RBs are below average for a D1 program. They think they have 3 studs? That's laughable. I guess they're trying to be like us with multiple stud RBs. The problem with that is they're nowhere close. WRs? Yeah they've got a decent group there. About four guys now down to three with Deebo's injury. Two of the four are true freshmen and they need to put realistic expectations on them. I wouldn't exactly call it a fleet of receivers but they have a couple guys with a lot of potential if developed properly. Bottom line is there's a big difference between what they think they have and what they actually have although this group could do better with better coaching. Their schedule is weak but their biggest problem is that their offensive line can't even handle the weak defensive lines on their sorry schedule. Our defense is going to have field day against them this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just dumbfounded by his comments... "rifle-armed QB" is

Oct 6, 2017, 8:42 AM

a big enough exaggeration, in my opinion... but to suggest that they are so loaded at all the other skill positions is just bizarre. Their backups could start anywhere else in the SEC. Really? Think about that... that means their 2nd & 3rd stringers could start at Bama, UGA, etc.

Good lord.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,531
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic