Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Students
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 2,896

Clemson Students

Sep 2, 2012, 6:21 PM

Fellow Students,

Show some class next time.

Sincerely,
A Clemson Student

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Care to elaborate?***

Sep 2, 2012, 6:25 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Student section chanted F*** you Auburn...

Sep 2, 2012, 6:40 PM

Not something I expect out of Clemson. I was sitting with a group from an Campus Organization. There also was an Auburn grad sitting with us. Needless to say, they didn't sit there much longer.

It didn't get any better after the game either, most were taunting the Auburn fans outside the stadium. This is something I expect from Scar, but not from Clemson fans. I guess thats what you get when you have alcohol provided at the game.

Re: Student section chanted F*** you Auburn...

Sep 2, 2012, 6:56 PM

that needs to end. NOW!!!! we should be better than that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots dressed up as CU Fans just acting like themselves.***

Sep 2, 2012, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Student section chanted F*** you Auburn... ]

Re: Student section chanted F*** you Auburn...

Sep 2, 2012, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Student section chanted F*** you Auburn... ]

I might be totally classless, but when I've got a little buzz from tailgating, it just becomes natural. Wasn't a part of the Auburn chant but have participated several times in the Seminole fchant. I also enjoy the "YOU SUCK! " when the GT band plays the Mortal Kombat theme.

What's sad is showing no respect for themselves and other

Sep 2, 2012, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Student section chanted F*** you Auburn... ]

Clemson fans(especially females) as well as all Auburn fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Care to elaborate?***

Sep 2, 2012, 6:32 PM

I was in attendance and our student section chanted Fuuck you auburn, very loudly, a couple of times which I thought was out of character for us as clemson fans.

1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-R-S fight tigers fight tigers fight fight fight!! Goo Tigers!

That's a shame. Sad to hear that..***

Sep 2, 2012, 6:32 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aweful***

Sep 2, 2012, 6:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Obviously you weren't a student last year at the FSU game.

Sep 2, 2012, 6:50 PM

This is nothing new.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I also hear from my Girlfriends Grandfather that "F*** you

Sep 2, 2012, 6:54 PM

auburn" is nothing compared to Clemson's old cheers before they went Co-Ed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I also hear from my Girlfriends Grandfather that "F*** you

Sep 2, 2012, 7:09 PM

You are so wrong. I was there. Class of '55

Burn!***

Sep 2, 2012, 7:17 PM

I'm just going by what he told me.

Sep 2, 2012, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I also hear from my Girlfriends Grandfather that "F*** you ]

Not sure of his graduation year.

Re: Obviously you weren't a student last year at the FSU game.

Sep 2, 2012, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Obviously you weren't a student last year at the FSU game. ]

I was, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Also, all (ok, most...) of the Auburn fans were classy both before and after the game.

I'd agree... happiest bunch of losers I've ever seen after a

Sep 2, 2012, 7:06 PM

game.

All chanting "It's great to be an Auburn Tiger" while leaving the dome.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

I guess you don't have to like it. However, I will say the

Sep 2, 2012, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Obviously you weren't a student last year at the FSU game. ]

majority of our student population has little to no issue with cussing, and if you want to eliminate cursing in the student section, you are going to have to change our admissions policies to that of Bob Jones.

This cheer wasn't started by Cheerleaders or some Clemson Faculty member, this was led by members of our University. You aren't going to change the college culture here by saying "Cursing is bad mmk".

that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard anyone say.

Sep 2, 2012, 7:08 PM

Cursing when you stub your toe is one thing.

Chanting a cursing chant to an opponent is a complete other. AND UNCALLED FOR.

We are CLEMSON. We are BETTER than THAT.

Message was edited by: clemsonsuzi®

Photobucket

Wonderful, tell me how you propose changing it.

Sep 2, 2012, 7:15 PM

People curse in Class at Clemson. It's become a part of college culture. A lot of people don't like it. I personally don't take part in most "Cursing" cheers besides the traditional "Da**** and win".

However, I have been in the student section at every single home game Clemson has had since 2009, and a good many away games. I have lived in our resident halls the same amount of time, and was an RA 2010-Sprint 2012. I know our culture. I had one student that screamed "ITS FRIDAY MOTHER ******s" every single Friday morning for the entire 1 semester he lived on my hall. Didn't know who it was till he left for Frat housing.

You want to remove the culture, our admissions department needs to go for different students. You can promote "child friendly" cheers all you want. Our students want something a little more... aggressive. And I'm of the opinion that in the student section, that is alright.

same way we've eliminated the woohoo silly...

Sep 2, 2012, 7:21 PM

:)

I don't see a problem with cursing, but it's about respect

Sep 2, 2012, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Wonderful, tell me how you propose changing it. ]

I curse a lot, especially around people who don't mind it, but I'm not going to use that language to people who don't like it or those I'm not sure about. You wouldn't speak to your boss like you would your RA would you?

Also, derogatory cursing is very disrespectful as well. Hurting yourself and saying f*ck is a lot different than telling someone to go f*ck themselves, esp unprovoked. There's no place for that.

How do you change it? You grow up and lead by example!

Actually, in both my jobs at Clemson(RA and Current),

Sep 2, 2012, 7:27 PM

Our bosses cursed around us, and RA's cursed around them. Pretty sure my first years weekly meeting with our boss(a female) was at least 40% dirty jokes. I would never consider cursing in front a a boss outside of the college environment, and I'm sure most Clemson student employees feel the same way.

I'm just saying that the college environment is different than the rest of the stadium. I guarantee you 95% of the those that do the cursing cheers wouldn't do it in any other section of the stadium.

Well why would they do it in the student section and

Sep 2, 2012, 7:49 PM

not a different section? Either way everyone can hear you.

Re: Well why would they do it in the student section and

Sep 2, 2012, 8:00 PM

Best comparison I can make is hearing a cuss word at a theater coming from the screen, vs. coming from the guy sitting beside you. One is an unavoidable part of the experience like it or not...one is a recognizable real life person

It's not unavoidable though

Sep 2, 2012, 8:10 PM

Movies have rating systems to let the audience know what they might see or hear. If someone doesn't want to hear that language they won't see a PG-13 or R rated film. Not so much at a football game. Believe it or not, acting like an adult and being responsible can stop things like that. Maybe not right then and there, but there are things to do to prevent it in the future. It has to start with some students being smart enough to take a stand. At the very least just don't participate or don't condone it when you know it is wrong.

It's not about being "child friendly" ... it's about RESPECT

Sep 2, 2012, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Wonderful, tell me how you propose changing it. ]

for an opposing fan base.

Chanting "F*** you Auburn" only makes the person saying it look like a classless fool who cares nothing about sportsmanship.

But, like most people who weren't raised right, they don't know how stupid and ignorant they look to the ones who were.

Photobucket

Re: It's not about being "child friendly" ... it's about RESPECT

Sep 2, 2012, 7:43 PM

I personally have no respect for Auburn fans, but thats another issue relating to the last 2 years... I don't show that lack of respect through cussing, but I have no problem with those that do.

It is nothing but a lack of respect. It is not acceptable,

Sep 2, 2012, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Wonderful, tell me how you propose changing it. ]

under any circumstances. Perosnally, I think other Clemson fans should step up and confront them. Hopefully, if I ever do, some of you other old timers with some back bone will have my back!

Or the year before that, and before that,

Sep 2, 2012, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Obviously you weren't a student last year at the FSU game. ]

and so on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Clemson Students

Sep 2, 2012, 7:11 PM

Fellow poster,

This isn't youth soccer.

Sincerely,
Every college football fan in America

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not too out of character

Sep 2, 2012, 7:22 PM

They started doing the C. L. E. M. S. OOO MotherF###ing N. when I was still in school a few years ago. I dont have a problem with cussing but that is juts classless.

Still do it.***

Sep 2, 2012, 7:28 PM

If you don't like that, stay well away from the hill.***

Sep 2, 2012, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Not too out of character ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

That sounds retarded, like the idiots at WVU

Sep 2, 2012, 8:16 PM

who say West F***ing Virginia

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Very disappointing

Sep 2, 2012, 7:55 PM

But that is less than one percent of our fan base......ughhhh.

Just a natural progression from the old school fans doing

Sep 2, 2012, 9:05 PM

the "fight ####it" cheer that they're so proud of.

If you use profanity in a cheer, it's a slippery slope. Don't say I didn't warn you old farts.

Replies: 36
| visibility 2,896
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic