Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MicrowaveInstall.net
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

MicrowaveInstall.net

Dec 3, 2020, 12:51 PM

Any Juan ever done it? How big a PITA is it? Having installed toilets, dish washers, garbage disposals, washing machines, dryers, etc......this will be a first microwave.

Any tips, pointers, suck jestions?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just make sure alignment is correct on the

Dec 3, 2020, 12:56 PM

3 pronged plug. Otherwise you can't get it plugged in and as a result won't get power.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This had me laughign way harder than I should have

Dec 3, 2020, 1:03 PM

even with that laugh

Dec 3, 2020, 1:10 PM

still wood

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

No eye deer hoo she is butt TRDJ probably understands her

Dec 3, 2020, 1:21 PM

Seems like some sort of spanish survivor show.

Everything will take a lot longer that way.***

Dec 3, 2020, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Just make sure alignment is correct on the ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Use the paper template. If it is under cabinet, hopefully

Dec 3, 2020, 12:59 PM

it either uses the existing screw holes OR is far enough away from the existing ones where reaming out a new hole isn't a problem. Using the existing back bracket is primo as well, otherwise you need a new one of those (should be included).

I've installed 2, but one of them like 3 times due to fvckups and a bracket messing up.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOU GRINGOS TRIP ME OUT!

Dec 3, 2020, 1:01 PM

You actually mount your microwave?

How do you take it to job sites to reheat last night's fiesta?

Fresh asphalt is GREAT for heating a leftover

Dec 3, 2020, 1:24 PM

quesadilla. Just keep it wrapped in tin foil, or not.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fresh asphalt is GREAT for heating a leftover

Dec 3, 2020, 1:33 PM

When you get to the job sight just put your food under the hood and it will be ready @ lunch time.

Yeah. Turned out all that bad stuff then some.

Dec 3, 2020, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Use the paper template. If it is under cabinet, hopefully ]

Old one had 2x4 spacers behind it. After doing some more measuring top cabinet sticks out further than side cabinets so the spacer on the wall is needed for the vent. Had to lower the bottom 2x4 and then use the new bracket as old one doesn't work. Had to drill 3 new holes up top too. They lined up luckily. Bracket behind didn't line up first time. Had to redo the bracket and 2x4.

5 minutes to uninstall the old one. 1 hour to install the new one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

take the current one

Dec 3, 2020, 1:02 PM

off the counter and take the new one and put it in the same spot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You engineers are wizards.***

Dec 3, 2020, 1:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

never said I was a microwave engineer***

Dec 3, 2020, 1:25 PM

I have to find a microwave handle for an out of production

Dec 3, 2020, 1:04 PM

microwave. I do not want to be buying a new microwave.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yo

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/My-parents-recently-did-that-after-using-a-28240154

I can axe them where they found it, if u need

If it's an over the oven version that recircs/vents inside

Dec 3, 2020, 1:06 PM

throw it out until you can make it where you can vent it outside.

Venting food smells through a grease filter then back inside the house is pretty useless.

That's like number 3 or 4 on things "I'll never own again".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My parents recently did that, after using a

Dec 3, 2020, 1:17 PM

wide gift ribbon tied around the microwave door for....years

totes DGUAR'd this...but thanks for the TU, IE***

Dec 3, 2020, 1:20 PM

I thought I understood what you meant

Dec 3, 2020, 1:24 PM

So yeah

Meh, we've had one for 19 years now

Dec 3, 2020, 1:18 PM [ in reply to If it's an over the oven version that recircs/vents inside ]

Hasn't bothered me. I like food smells in the house. Bacon.....deer gawd I want a house to smell like bacon 24-7.

The house I just sold was well insulated.

Which was great on the THIRD day after my wife cooked brussel sprouts. The stairway would hold a fart for 3 days.

And having a two story house is #1 on the list of things "I'll never own again".

stop being poor and hire someone***

Dec 3, 2020, 1:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: stop being dumb and do it yourself

Dec 3, 2020, 1:22 PM

Take what you save paying someone to install it, and sink that into buying a better product to begin with. Then it lasts longer, works better, and you pay someone else less over the years to come out and fix it all the time because you bought a crap appliance with the "free" installation. And you end up using it longer before having to replace it.

Its actually the opposite of that.

Dec 3, 2020, 1:32 PM

The better kitchen appliances are the cheaper ones now. They have less features that will break.

Don't believe me? Look at a $400 Westinghouse refrigerator vs a $1800 Samsung refrigerator with two ice makers in it and a camera so I can see what in it without opening the door.

Or a $2500 LG front loader clothes washer vs a Roper $450 top loader. Sure, with the LG I can put an IP address on it and in 3 years the Chinese will hacking the NSA with all the bots that are running on it, but the timer, self cleaner and steam wrinkle remove probably won't be working.

Brah...a samsung like that cost way more than 1800

Dec 3, 2020, 1:38 PM

Won't matter anyways right now because you'll take what you can get as far as appliances go. Big time shortage on all of them.

Re: Its actually the opposite of that.

Dec 3, 2020, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Its actually the opposite of that. ]

You might be on to something there sparky. The wife had to have this $5000 refrig. I have had to fix it twice and the service man once. I hate to call the service guy tho.

Re: Its actually the opposite of that.

Dec 3, 2020, 1:52 PM

The service guy did not even troubleshoot the problem. He just called the factory rep. and the rep. told him to look @ the circuit board for the meat drawer. That was it the cable had broken and shorted out the board drawing all the DC voltage down. The board was going to cost $500 so I ask the service guy to unplug the board. When he did everything started working. We don't need a sperate cooling control for the meat drawer. I wrapped up the place where it was broken with electrical tape. Works just fine.

This is a lateral upgrade with one big difference

Dec 3, 2020, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Its actually the opposite of that. ]

This one is a convection oven too. Solves wife's complaining about no double oven. That saves several grand in buying a double oven and more thousands not having to remodel the cabinets.

Also old microwave had broken lights, fan doesn't work, and it doesn't keep time. Otherwise it cooks fine. Only thing it does fine.

This is a joint Christmas present. She gets two ovens and I get to not hear her complain about only having one oven.

Re: This is a lateral upgrade with one big difference

Dec 3, 2020, 8:43 PM

I love our double oven. It comes in handy around the holidays.

work harder and then you can do both

Dec 3, 2020, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: stop being dumb and do it yourself ]

buy really nice and have it installed.

but you just do you man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EASY!!! Plug it in and set it on the top of the portable dishwasher.***

Dec 3, 2020, 1:19 PM

I’ve done it twice now

Dec 3, 2020, 1:22 PM

If I can, literally anyone can

Much easier than a disposal

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: I’ve done it twice now

Dec 3, 2020, 2:34 PM

I had to replace the motor on my disposal a few months back it was not that bad.

I've done it twice, not a big deal.

Dec 3, 2020, 2:05 PM

The first time I replaced a stove hood and I had to rewire and install a plug above the stove. I reinforced the cabinet a bit to insure it would hold. The 2nd time was a replacement and luckily the hardware was similar enough to be really easy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Build a shelf in the island

Dec 3, 2020, 3:32 PM

Pull out old one. Replace with new one. So easy.

If you have an engineering degree it will take 2 hours.

Dec 3, 2020, 4:23 PM

Anyone else 15 minutes.

Sounds like you got 'er done! Congrats

Dec 3, 2020, 8:49 PM

the first one I did, I had to redo our cabinets (too low) over the stove, so it was a major project, the others were easy peasy if you have someone help hold it up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic