Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
espn first take just said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

espn first take just said

Nov 18, 2015, 12:00 PM

Blacks are better athletes..because no cornerbacks are white anymore in NFL and mostly blacks at skill position. But if they are more qualified athletes then why can't it be that whites are more qualified to be coaches and presidents in office positions? And that there has to be a certain percentage and blah blah blah..I mean I hate duke for example in basketball but really only team that seems to have players of a white background white kids could grow up to emulate

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^queenie to post reply in 3....2....1...***

Nov 18, 2015, 12:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

white men can't jump!***

Nov 18, 2015, 12:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is NOT true!!!

Nov 18, 2015, 12:06 PM

We just can't jump very high. ;)

Hmm guess somebody should have told Grayson Allen

Nov 18, 2015, 12:07 PM [ in reply to white men can't jump!*** ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d1aaW3E8Lc

Re: Hmm guess somebody should have told Grayson Allen

Nov 18, 2015, 2:32 PM

Don't know much about basketball but wasn't that a walk?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

U must be too young to remember Murray Jarmin! (sp?)

Nov 18, 2015, 12:24 PM [ in reply to white men can't jump!*** ]

Boy could flat jump!!

LUTZ. I'm so old I cant remember what I had for lunch today.***

Nov 18, 2015, 12:57 PM

They said last year, Grayson Allen has the highest vertical

Nov 18, 2015, 1:55 PM [ in reply to white men can't jump!*** ]

on the Duke team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everything said on First Take is intended to stir the pot

Nov 18, 2015, 12:05 PM

Skip Bayless and Stephen A are two of the worst tv/radio personalities in all of sports. They've perfected the moronic troll bit to the point where I'm not even sure if they are just great actors or if maybe they really are that stupid.

I'm not convinced SA is acting at all.***

Nov 18, 2015, 12:51 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everything said on First Take is intended to stir the pot

Nov 18, 2015, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Everything said on First Take is intended to stir the pot ]

You left out Joey Galloway

Skip Bailess exists to stir the soup, I don't think he actually believes anything he states. Total troll. I

Stephen A has no agenda - just dumb.

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Yeah, i think that's probably correct.***

Nov 18, 2015, 1:34 PM

Re: espn first take just said

Nov 18, 2015, 12:07 PM

Let's wait until after the season to have this discussion(on the P&R board)

u make too much sense for our liberal society to accommodate***

Nov 18, 2015, 12:07 PM

Nov 18, 2015, 12:08 PM

I wonder how much of the sports demographics are a result of culture. So many young black children grow up aspiring to be professional athletes.

And young white kids don't?***

Nov 18, 2015, 12:52 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is that not rassist??

Nov 18, 2015, 12:09 PM

What if I said whites are better QBs because whites has the smart and has the disciplined? Would that be okay?

No***

Nov 18, 2015, 12:10 PM

because it was directed towards whites and it is

Nov 18, 2015, 12:33 PM [ in reply to How is that not rassist?? ]

impossible to be racist towards white people apparently

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the truth is always ok...***

Nov 18, 2015, 12:33 PM [ in reply to How is that not rassist?? ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Nov 18, 2015, 12:12 PM

They should have asked Jason Sehorn's opinion on the white cornerback part. His color didn't hold him back at all.

This is such a more nuanced discussion than will be had here

Nov 18, 2015, 12:13 PM

Tons of reasons go into the demographics of who "rises" to the top of any profession, and I dare say anyone making quick blanket statements about any of those professions has either not really thought about/investigated it, or is operating on pre-conceived bias.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

statistically speaking

Nov 18, 2015, 12:21 PM

Yeah its obvious based on demographics that blacks are better athletes considering a low percentage of them in general population make up the majority of the NFL and NBA ..which I think are around 75 and 80 percent respectively..

It could be tied to different things like most come from a poor background where they probably had less options as far as activities..they didn't have the video games and internet at home etc..or they come from backgrounds where education wasn't as valued as it is in white families..also I think it could go back to slavery where the strongest and fittest survived and were chosen to reproduce..thus passing on the best physical genes

But I don't think its fair that certain corporations require a certain percentage of minorities or the Missouri students are demanding 10percent of faculty be black when maybe the best person for the jobs just happens to be white.

Again, it is way more nuanced than you are asserting

Nov 18, 2015, 12:30 PM

You've mentioned a number of reasons why the demographics of athletics is as it is, and I'd venture to say there are many more. As a society we also need to look at the demographics of folks represented in other professions and ask ourselves why that is as it is, and if we should be putting systems in place to try and help portions of our society to overcome limitations that may not be their own doing, or not entirely their own doing.

But again, this isn't simple. This isn't a situation where any single statistic or number can be used as anything other than one small data point in a much larger discussion of society and how got to where we are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Again, it is way more nuanced than you are asserting

Nov 18, 2015, 12:31 PM

This guy's talking crazy in here.

11/18/2015

Nov 18, 2015, 12:14 PM

Racism solved, right here on the mange.

Can't believe I got to witness it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And he managed to do it without punctuation!***

Nov 18, 2015, 12:15 PM

If only he'd been around much earlier

Nov 18, 2015, 12:16 PM [ in reply to 11/18/2015 ]

THink of the progress this country could've made.

Re: If only he'd been around much earlier

Nov 18, 2015, 12:19 PM

Stephen A. is the biggest racist on that sorry network. He constantly brings up the black and white issue. He does that for ratings as all. You know what the A. stands for in his name.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll guess Antonio.***

Nov 18, 2015, 12:20 PM

Antuan?***

Nov 18, 2015, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: If only he'd been around much earlier ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If only he'd been around much earlier

Nov 18, 2015, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: If only he'd been around much earlier ]

Akeem?

Archibald?***

Nov 18, 2015, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: If only he'd been around much earlier ]

ROH

Re: Archibald?***

Nov 18, 2015, 3:16 PM

When you come from a low socio economic area as many(most) black athletes do it's easy, and popular amongst your peers, to play basketball or football. Why?

Because you just need a ball and some friends and you can get a game going. It's easy and convenient. Even if you have a hoop you can go shoot on your own. From the time kids are in pre-k many come in to a gym for PE and they see the hoops. Many don't have a father figure so they play street ball which can make them tougher and if they find coaching they can refine their skills. Easier than buying a glove, ball, bat, needing a field with bases etc. the only sport easier to find a way to play than basketball/baseball is the world sport, soccer. Why aren't they playing soccer? Some consider it a wuss sport, and it also conflicts with other sports they'd rather play.

Part of it was also, yes...slavery. Generations of large breeding has created some absolute physical specimens.

The system we have currently gives minorities with lower levels of education something to aspire to. In a way it pacifies them, to an extent. This isn't my opinion it's my observation.

Having said all that yes, the racism issue is a hypersensitivity issue more than anything. "White men can't jump" is fine but make a movie called "black men can't swim" and you'll get more backlash than adolf hitler in his prime. It's just the times we live in.

Nov 18, 2015, 3:17 PM

Basketball/football not baseball*

Nov 18, 2015, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Archibald?*** ]

I wouldn't say blacks are better athletes then whites cause I played with and vs some damm good white boys. To be honest tho, I don't know any other white defensive back in the NFL other then Eric Weddle a safety for the Chargers. Other then that, Stephen A. and Skip just wanted something to talk about.

Amen brother. . And why can't whites have bigger

Nov 18, 2015, 12:25 PM

Gamecocks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Amen brother. . And why can't whites have bigger

Nov 18, 2015, 12:26 PM

A black lady once told me when I was a banker

"You know what they say about black guys...i really think its about white guys"

Looks at my crotch and walks off..I was wearing tight pants that day..thought it was a funny story to share

i'll give you a point if you ask Crump to move this thread

Nov 18, 2015, 12:28 PM

to the lunge with those idgits and fingers crossed they'll follow.

Nov 18, 2015, 12:27 PM

Sounds pretty indisputable to me. In fact, I thought this had been well-known for about 40 years now

It is more to do with what sport various races have interest

Nov 18, 2015, 2:05 PM

in. Some of the best athletes anywhere are in the NHL, not many of them are black. Whites kids in the US are more likely to gravitate toward ice hockey, soccer, baseball, tennis, golf & skateboarding. The vast majority of blacks go to football & basketball. The poorer demographic may not have as easy access to those other sports as they do football & basketball.

if you are watching first take, then you need a better way to spend your free time***

Nov 18, 2015, 2:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2015, 3:21 PM

Doesn't count homey dipped his head to help him out!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ol' boy in the olympics didn't duck for Vince Carter

Nov 18, 2015, 4:13 PM

Just sayin'

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic