Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
shhh. no bragging or boasting Clemson fans!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

shhh. no bragging or boasting Clemson fans!

Sep 8, 2013, 2:48 PM

I was told today we "act like we won the NT" because we're bragging about Clemson beating GA and GA beating sc.

As Clemson fans, were suppose to sit in a corner somewhere and not celebrate victories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess UGA should've feared the pinkie***

Sep 8, 2013, 2:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do need to keep our emotions and expectations in check

Sep 8, 2013, 2:59 PM

and not be like some USC fans and the media down there who crown them pre-season NC and SEC champions every year. We have a long way to go and a lot of problems to fix... But it is a very good, exciting start to the year. One thing is sure though - we really, really, really need to beat USC this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We do need to keep our emotions and expectations in check

Sep 8, 2013, 3:24 PM

Here is the deal. I have to put up with all those inbred,redneck,trailer park trash,3 toothed,gum sucking, mouth breathers talking their crap. You can believe I gave it back to them full force yesterday and will continue to do so until there is no reason to.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Giving it back to them." What exactly do you think you are

Sep 8, 2013, 4:16 PM

actually "giving back" to them. They beat us four years in a row. When you go out of your way to talk crap about an indirect comparison, as if that is something we have over them, you are making us look bad. (Hopefully that is not what you are doing.) When we beat them, we will have something to actually give back to them. Anything else is weak.

Re: "Giving it back to them." What exactly do you think you are

Sep 8, 2013, 6:00 PM

Folks, try living in Columbia with al these coots..I have lived here 25 years and it was only in the past 4 years have they come out of the wood work.

i would move even if we do beat them.***

Sep 8, 2013, 6:04 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: "Giving it back to them." What exactly do you think you are

Sep 8, 2013, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: "Giving it back to them." What exactly do you think you are ]

There are quite a few down here in Myrtle Beach area too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're not going to shut up even when they lose...

Sep 8, 2013, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: "Giving it back to them." What exactly do you think you are ]

I'm extrapolating. Perhaps some of them will quit altogether, but the ones who stick around aren't going to suddenly shut up just because they lost. Losing is what they're used to.

That's why they're good at talking ####...for years that's all they had.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: "Giving it back to them." What exactly do you think you are

Sep 8, 2013, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: "Giving it back to them." What exactly do you think you are ]

My condolences, that has got to be miserable especially with their recent success

Re: Re: We do need to keep our emotions and expectations in check

Sep 8, 2013, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: We do need to keep our emotions and expectations in check ]

I simply mentioned the things that have been thrown in my face this week by coots.

1. I was told by one that Sc would beat GA by 30

2. I was told by several that GA would NOT rush for 200 like they did against Clemson

3. I was told by several that Georgia would NOT score more than 20

4. I was told by several that Georgia would NOT get close to 500 yards offense like they did against Clemson.

#### right, I threw all of that garbage in their face.

Well, we sure can't tell you what to do, but

Sep 8, 2013, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: We do need to keep our emotions and expectations in check ]

you are kinda asking for them to come back at you should a thing or two not go your way later. Attack their arguments but avoid boasting and you'll have a better shot at coming out on top of this logic contest.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

/\This. It turns reasonable neutrals away from Clemson when

Sep 8, 2013, 4:34 PM

the emotional wing of the fanbase freaks out when things are bad and then immediately runs their mouths when things are good.

Just be moderate. We know we can safely talk smack to UGA people because we beat them. We can defend ourselves against attack from anyone else much more easily now that we beat a supposedly legitimate UGA squad. Those things are good. But we can still lose an embarrassing game or lose to the cooters. If that happens then the loudmouths are going to fall much harder than the moderates.

Re: /\This. It turns reasonable neutrals away from Clemson when

Sep 8, 2013, 5:22 PM

That's true. I actually try to stay away from loud mouth Clemson fans, and there are a few. (Although there seems to be many loud coot fans)

But it seems to me, at least in my experience today, a Clemson fan should sit in a corner somewhere and not say a word after a victory.

I have it easy, I only really interact with one UGA fan.

Sep 8, 2013, 5:39 PM

I'm rather fond of this one and left her alone last week. I didn't contact her from half time of our game until Sometime Sunday when I asked her to lunch on Labor Day. Work is filled with chickens, most of whom are reasonable. One or two will be full of excuses tomorrow. I'll just sit back and grin so they wonder what I'm up to.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: /\This. It turns reasonable neutrals away from Clemson when

Sep 8, 2013, 5:53 PM [ in reply to /\This. It turns reasonable neutrals away from Clemson when ]

It's called being a fan. If it upsets you maybe you should try watching bowling or something. If you can't have fun with football then what is the point of being a fan? They run their mouths about how great they are and I will rub it in their faces when they lose. You don't see me tooting Clemson's horn saying we are the greatest do you? I'm just having some fun at the coots expense. Sorry if you are above getting excited but I'm not.

Beat SC for a few years and watch the 'neutrals' swap

Sep 8, 2013, 7:14 PM [ in reply to /\This. It turns reasonable neutrals away from Clemson when ]

sides. The lowest of the low.

Give me a million die-hard arrogant, delusional *true* Gamecock fans over a single one of these cowards.

#### what they think.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have not acted like we won the NT

Sep 8, 2013, 3:00 PM

because I have no idea what that is. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haha. i thought the same thing.

Sep 8, 2013, 3:33 PM

i was thinking "did the poster leave out the "I" in NIT???"

what is "NT"??

NT = National Title

Sep 8, 2013, 3:34 PM

I think.

National Title? IDK ....***

Sep 8, 2013, 3:35 PM [ in reply to haha. i thought the same thing. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Re: I have not acted like we won the NT

Sep 8, 2013, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I have not acted like we won the NT ]

I quoted the coot. That's why I used quotation marks.

He was referring to National Title.

maybe it is just you.

Sep 8, 2013, 3:32 PM

?

national title***

Sep 8, 2013, 4:22 PM

Re: shhh. no bragging or boasting Clemson fans!

Sep 8, 2013, 5:20 PM

Let's keep things on the down low. Like Dabo says, we'll play to win each game. Let the other team talk. Let their coach bash their players, let the coaches fight on the sidelines." We're all in" to win it all, but a quiet confident "non COCKY" attitude may just
take us to the top!!!!! Dabo's a class act. Let's follow his lead!!! ALL IN AND GO TIGERS!!!!

Re: shhh. no bragging or boasting Clemson fans!

Sep 8, 2013, 7:25 PM

AMEN! I can't tell you how badly I want to rub their face in it. Don't worry, they know their face is already in it and its more fun for me to see how quiet our coots fan friends are since last night. Normally, I'd love to see both us and USuC go into the State Championship undefeated and then beat them. That would do so much to elevate the talent and recognition of football in the Palmetto State and ultimately benefit us in the rankings and National Championship hunt. That said, after as arrogant as coot fans have been, I wanted UGA to give them a big slice of humble pie. Coots got a big slice of it the other night and it has shut them up. I think we'll be hearing a lot less of the "fear the thumb" talk. At least for a while. If Dabo and the team keep focused as we should too, we can shut those coots up and remain classier than they are. Kindness kills. GO TIGERS!!!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic