Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sometimes today this will be our beer of the afternoon......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 185

Sometimes today this will be our beer of the afternoon......

Jan 6, 2013, 11:00 AM

Founder's Bolt Cutter 15% abv

This was a tough one to secure. Luckily we got 4 bottles. I think I'm going to lay a bottle down for a year to see how it ages.

Founders president Mike Stevens explains that Bolt Cutter got its name from the brewery's run-in with a bank in its early days. "We were defaulting on our loan," he writes on the Founders blog. "The bank called and threatened to chain our doors shut if we didn't come up with the money that we owed them. We had seven days to come up with half a million dollars.”

Engbers bought a pair of bolt cutters, in case the bank followed through on its threat. “We were determined to keep our doors open and to keep brewing beer, no matter what it took," he writes. "Luckily, we never had to use them." He still keeps the bolt cutter in his office.

Bolt Cutter is the color of red copper, with a sticky, clingy head almost like a meringue. It smells of bourbon and maple, unsurprisingly, plus vanilla, toffee, and bread pudding—and as it warms, the hops come forward, adding tangerine, cedar, and apricot. Also picking up some aromas that come from the yeasts—a touch of wine.

he taste is super boozy, with a stinging burst of prickly carbonation. The bourbon and maple don't exactly dominate, but they're present again, of course, along with a complicated mix of sweet, savory, and spicy flavors: grilled pineapple, butterscotch, pecan pancakes, rum-soaked raisins, and sticky cinnamon rolls, with a whiff of cigar tobacco and a faint roastiness like a well-browned biscuit. The sweetness is cut by a clean bitterness like white grapefruit peel that lingers in the finish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably the closest I'll get to a beer

Jan 6, 2013, 11:13 AM

That massive and elusive

Enjoy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

could you take your glass outside and give it a swirl...

Jan 6, 2013, 11:38 AM

maybe the winds will carry the aroma to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sheesh, who even knows what a

Jan 6, 2013, 12:03 PM

white grapefruit peel tastes like?

vanilla, toffee, and bread pudding...
adding tangerine, cedar, and apricot

that is the most complicated liquid i think i have seen.

must have !!!

haha

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll finish my bomber of Arrogant ####### tonite

Jan 6, 2013, 2:58 PM

Opened it last night, immediately stoppered after pouring a single 12-ounce glass to go with dinner last night, it should be OK tonite.

Old, not-calorie-counting jroberts would have drunk it all last night. The jroberts of the past couple years, unfortunately, metes out his beer. 12 ounces Arrogant ####### = 190 calories :(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Beer has calories? ;) *******

Jan 6, 2013, 4:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 185
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic