Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Somehow, I don't think this was the intent of Title IX
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Somehow, I don't think this was the intent of Title IX

Nov 3, 2015, 2:05 PM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-transgender-student-locker-room-palatine-met-20151012-story.html

DOE's Title IX enforcement department is going absolutely nuts. They've now decided that schools must allow people to shower with members of the opposite sex if they identify as members of that sex. I wonder if this will be the crest of feminist gender theory's power.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This really is insanity.***

Nov 3, 2015, 2:09 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is liberal politics at its BEST

Nov 3, 2015, 2:13 PM

never concerned with unintended consequences....

This stuff is so mind-blowingly outrageous.

Nov 3, 2015, 2:11 PM

I do not understand how this even at issue.

OK, someone identifies as a woman, so we must accommodate them in a girls' bathroom or locker room? How do you know if they are even telling the truth? What's keeping me from suddenly identifying as a woman and barging on in there?

What if someone identifies as a clothes-free person? We must allow them to walk around naked in the high school?

What if they identify as a gynecologist? We must allow them to perform exams on people as much as they need to be fulfilled in their identity?

It's an example of what is really meant by "tolerance".

Nov 3, 2015, 2:17 PM

Tolerance is supposed to mean "Do what you want to with your life, and I won't bother you. You do the same for me."

To these people, tolerance means "Accept whatever I do as normal, and bend over backwards if necessary to accommodate it fully."

Also, "we will use the government to make you accept it"***

Nov 3, 2015, 2:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is bending over backwards here?

Nov 3, 2015, 2:56 PM [ in reply to It's an example of what is really meant by "tolerance". ]

My version of tolerance is very much, "Do what you want to with your life, and I won't bother you. You do the same for me." In this case, if a chick thinks she's a dude and wants to dump out in the men's room, have at it. By trying to force that person, by "using the government" as camcgee said, aren't you actually forcing them to bend in order to accommodate you?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If a person with balls and shaft identifies as a woman

Nov 3, 2015, 3:03 PM

and is allowed in the women's locker room, I would not feel comfortable having my daughter in that same locker room. Not because of any hatred towards that person, more out of a general distrust of all people with balls and shaft when it comes to my daughter.

"I would not feel comfortable"

Nov 3, 2015, 3:15 PM

That is the crux of this issue.

I personally find it a tad unlikely that a boy would live his life as a girl simply so he could hang out in the girl's locker room, but we could probably make a sitcom out of that premise.

"I personally find it a tad unlikely that a boy would live

Nov 3, 2015, 3:18 PM

his life as a girl"

That is the crux of the issue.

It IS unlikely.

Nov 3, 2015, 3:32 PM

That's why I don't get why you're all freaking out.

Unless you mean something else. Actually, wait, what do you mean?

Re: "I would not feel comfortable"

Nov 3, 2015, 3:45 PM [ in reply to "I would not feel comfortable" ]

"I don't agree with that"

At least you concede he's still a boy

Nov 3, 2015, 3:47 PM [ in reply to "I would not feel comfortable" ]

He may be living life like a girl, but he's not a girl. Thus, should not be allowed in the female locker room.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biologically, yeah, I think it's irrefutable.

Nov 3, 2015, 3:59 PM

And I also think a lesbian girl is a bigger problem for daughters in locker rooms than a boy who thinks he's a girl, presuming that kids shouldn't share locker rooms with people they find sexually attractive, which I guess is the basis for having a boys' locker room and a girls' locker room. Of course you could have a case where a boy thinks he's a girl and also finds girls sexually attractive. Not sure what you do there.

Maybe we should just do away with gym class.

I think the easiest thing to do, would be to return to

Nov 3, 2015, 4:02 PM

sanity, and have girls facilities for girls, and boys facilities for boys. If you have a cockk and balls, you are a boy, if you have a ######, you are a girl. It is all so refreshingly clear. We're going to confuse the ##### out of this entire generation with this gender nonsense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The easiest thing to do is to have one locker room.

Nov 3, 2015, 4:15 PM

What's simpler than that?

No locker rooms.***

Nov 3, 2015, 4:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we say "biologically" are we talking appearance?

Nov 3, 2015, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Biologically, yeah, I think it's irrefutable. ]

and how do we separate mind/body/consciousness/self/identity from biological processes?

As complex as we are as people, it seems really reductive to think that we are simply the parts on our body. That's not to say they aren't important or that they don't play a crucial role in who we are, but are they everything?

Clearly with transgender persons, there is a misfire between the parts and what they mean and how their mind/self sees them. Seems pretty tough issue to fall on one side or the other and yet both sides seem so aggressive in their perceived understanding of the issue that I'm confused on what emotion is driving their thought process.

Bosom Buddies?***

Nov 3, 2015, 8:14 PM [ in reply to "I would not feel comfortable" ]

well no because you would need medical school

Nov 3, 2015, 3:01 PM [ in reply to This stuff is so mind-blowingly outrageous. ]

and licensing to be a gynecologist.

Similarly to how you need a ###### to be a woman***

Who are you to judge my identity?***

Nov 3, 2015, 3:24 PM [ in reply to well no because you would need medical school ]

Yes, don't know why we'd defer to a MD

Nov 3, 2015, 4:49 PM

As if they know anything about gender theory. The medical degree is just another way of legitimizing the oppression of sexual minorities whose voices are being silenced.

I keep thinking at some point, society as a whole is

Nov 3, 2015, 2:13 PM

going to be like "Ok, enough with this crap, it's time to come back to reality", and feminists (or whatever you want to label the people promoting this insanity) will have totally undermined their cause. But some times I just don't know, people really are that stupid.

People are all about being on the bandwagon

Nov 3, 2015, 2:24 PM

We think in memes, and when people have seen a meme enough times, they just adopt that as their way of making quick judgments about issues unless they've invested more time on the issue. As long as the dominant meme on gender/sexuality issues is one that only takes into account individuals' sexual desire, then your average person will always default to the idea that these people should be empowered (through the use of government force, in the end) to exercise their sexual "rights." Unless they're directly affected- and the easiest way to be directly affected is knowing somebody claiming new sexual rights that have to be protected- it's just easier to adopt the meme.

But this stuff is so patently absurd that it's hard to see how the bandwagon doesn't eventually get back on reality's side.

Otter said it best:

Nov 3, 2015, 2:35 PM [ in reply to I keep thinking at some point, society as a whole is ]

Insert educational administrators for Fraternity:

But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

but then that could lead to an overstep

Nov 3, 2015, 3:00 PM [ in reply to I keep thinking at some point, society as a whole is ]

in the extreme and lead to a rebirth in oppression.

The whole article is an example of an overstep in the

Nov 3, 2015, 3:05 PM

extreme. The whole situation is totally absurd, and should be recognized as such.

The way you guys are reacting to this makes it seem as if

Nov 3, 2015, 2:33 PM

this is a really common issue that actually affects your life.

Yeah, thank god we live in a vacuum.***

Nov 3, 2015, 2:35 PM

Yeah, if doesn't affect me directly I shouldn't comment.

Nov 3, 2015, 2:54 PM

What was I thinking?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Nov 3, 2015, 3:01 PM

I just can't figure out why the volume is always turned up to eleven. Even if this happened in my neighborhood I can't imagine giving THAT much of a ####.

If it happens in my neighborhood, then I care.

Nov 3, 2015, 3:08 PM

Since I live in the woods and don't really have any neighbors. Which means

IT'S HAPPENING ON MY LAWN.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I totally agree.

Nov 3, 2015, 2:39 PM [ in reply to The way you guys are reacting to this makes it seem as if ]

I don't care what anybody does, as long as they don't do it on MY lawn.

YOU DARN KIDS STAY OFF MY LAWN.

Re: Somehow, I don't think this was the intent of Title IX

Nov 3, 2015, 2:38 PM

Transgender students also are given the option to use the locker room of the sex from which they transitioned, a district spokesman said.

Well, if they really transitioned, then they no longer have the proper parts to be in the other locker room. If they have not had stuff cut off or sewn on, they have not transitioned therefore have to go to this private room or to the room where they have the proper equipment.

I have no issue with schools having 4 locker rooms, but people need their feet held to the fire about this gender thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know much about this subject but is there

Nov 3, 2015, 2:47 PM

not an age limit for people who want to do this? Why is this even an issue in high school?

You used too many pronouns.

Nov 3, 2015, 2:49 PM

What do you mean age limit?

Yikes.

Nov 3, 2015, 2:52 PM

Lost his amateur status, I guess.

Ching Chong Potato?***

Nov 3, 2015, 3:01 PM [ in reply to You used too many pronouns. ]

I see. I am glad you shared your thoughts today.***

The NCAA's post op division will have to have their own

Nov 3, 2015, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Somehow, I don't think this was the intent of Title IX ]

separate locker rooms too. No dance cam with the coaches will be allowed in the post op locker room.

ROH

So, just to be clear, if I identify as a woman then it's OK

Nov 3, 2015, 2:41 PM

to play from the red tees?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

No.***

Nov 3, 2015, 2:41 PM

You couldn't be more wrong about this.

Nov 3, 2015, 2:45 PM

If he identifies as a woman but still has a peen, he has to play with his peen out if he chooses to play from the red tees.

So, you want to see his peen?***

No but that's part of the integrity of golf***

Nov 3, 2015, 2:49 PM

I can find several people that will testify to the fact that

Nov 3, 2015, 2:44 PM [ in reply to So, just to be clear, if I identify as a woman then it's OK ]

I haven't grown up yet, so I should be able to play from the kid's tee box then. Right?

Yes.***

I have developed a compromise.

Nov 3, 2015, 2:59 PM

To have full blown gender reassignment #### is expensive. If girls think they should have ##### and want to use the boys locker room, well that #### will sort itsself out with just a few unspeakable acts.

For the boys that think they should have #######, well castrate them and it reduces the danger to any girls in the locker room.

separate locker rooms by equipment not gender.

Nov 3, 2015, 4:08 PM

Any person with a #### can use this locker room you get to pick your gender. Equality for all.

simple solution, one big restroom with urinals for those who

Nov 3, 2015, 5:50 PM

stand and toilets for those who sit.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic