Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts on the game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 922

My thoughts on the game

Sep 3, 2012, 10:32 AM

- Like we ALL knew--Nuk was more than capable of picking up Sammy's slack; just proved that the "experts" haven't been paying attention

- Looks like we've got that "power running-spread" offense that Morris talked about this year and everyone scoffed at--that was awesome running the ball down their throats on that last drive; great job by coach Caldwell

- Defense looked decent; I can tell they've improved but the DBs need to get better quick

- Last year I would've been very worried to put our D out on the field at the end of the game but they looked very well prepared

- Anthony is a beast! I noticed him in on a lot of plays--he's real quick and smart

- D-line played better than I expected; Beasley played like a man possessed on that last drive!

- Overall this was a game the Tommy Bowden Tigers would've lost but Dabo is "changing the culture"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My thoughts on the game

Sep 3, 2012, 11:02 AM

I agree with some of your comments. However, I thought the defense was absolute crap except for a few series. We are very lucky to play against a QB that couldn't hit a semi-truck from 15 ft away. DE's got reach blocked ALL NITE LONG. Other than Willard, LB's couldn't make a play until the RB was 8 yards down the field, DT got no pass rush but were OK against the run. CB's & S.... well, let's just say a lot of coaches in the conference know where to beat us.

I know most everyone on this site is excited and thrilled about BV but i could not tell this defense was any better than Steele's, which is pretty freaking terrible. Maybe watching the tape will help the players/coaches but I was an unimpressed as I have been with a Clemson DC.

Thank goodness we have The Chad.... he will have to save us again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes D was shaky. Just because you didn't surrender 70....

Sep 3, 2012, 11:41 AM

doesn't mean you have earned back respect, ala front page story. They better keep improving. I think Reader will be starting soon. Teek needs to pick it up and get in the 2 deep as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My thoughts on the game

Sep 3, 2012, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: My thoughts on the game ]

as far as the db's do you really think that is coaching- or is the talent level of what we have. 2 dc's and the same things happening tends to make one think that it is more than the coaching,jmo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sbrooks

Sep 3, 2012, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: My thoughts on the game ]

Did you watch the second half? I think the d line did great in the second half. Those DT that he mentioned just so happened to create a turn over. However I do agree that we have some improving to do, but if you watched opening week so does 95% of the country. Coach V made some corrections in the second half that worked. I think Coach V was shoulders above than KS in containing the QB scramble. Which is what killed us the most of the 2011 season. Not a question that BV is better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defense just needs to react quicker

Sep 3, 2012, 12:05 PM

The LBs were meeting the O-line on our side of the LOS they need to meeting them at the LOS or behind it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The determination to win is the difference now that Dabo has

Sep 3, 2012, 12:07 PM

taken over.

That made the difference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 922
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic