Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's hard to understand how Dabo's level...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,243

It's hard to understand how Dabo's level...

Oct 13, 2015, 11:14 PM

Dabo's level of sincerity is lost on Sapakoff (article: http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20151012/PC20/151019795/1032/sapakoff-dabo-x2019-s-x2018-clemsoning-x2019-rant-aimed-at-college-football-playoff-push) or others of his detractors. It's an insulting article. Is Dabo a polished intellectual? Nope, but he is intelligent and he's a #### good coach and a leader, and from what I can tell, has excellent character. The bullcraps are not some preplanned show, and he's lashing out because he thinks today's players are being unfairly maligned. And the players just love him more for it, and recruits will be drawn to it.

Folks are jealous because their coaches don't act like Dabo. Hell, I see him as a role model and I'm in such a different phase of life than kids playing sports.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's hard to understand how Dabo's level...

Oct 13, 2015, 11:40 PM

This guy gets it:
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/10/12/9504861/clemson-football-dabo-swinney-deshaun-watson-shaq-lawson

Nice article backing up Dabo's points from SB Nation.

Dabo is like every great man, he strives to be a great to

Oct 13, 2015, 11:48 PM

Mentor to young men who have so much temptation with pride and Ego. Each one is the best at their school. We all come short of perfection but Dabo is humble, mature and driven. Dabo is selective and he looks for guys that are respectful, coachable and driven.

Dabo is the very best at recruiting, he walked in knowing he was at the best school and the recruits have taken notice the guys who have developed under Dabo. They want to be a man with a shot at a great education and the NFL. Both are attainable to guys who leave the ego at the door and work hard and buy in.

When a coach is recruiting the way Dabo is it doesn't take long for media types to shoe their true colors. Everybody likes coaches who don't beat their teams but when a coach is beating their team they aren't going to write good things. Jealousy is hard to hide, just look at all the hurt coots here today trying to get company. Misery loves misery, right coots..lol

Go Tigers! Make them hate because we are winning big!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

"originating from the Tigers’ 70-33 loss to West Virginia"

Oct 13, 2015, 11:59 PM

Lol no. Can people at least bother to know what they are talking about before writing an article? The Clemsoning thing didn't originate with the WVU Orange Bowl, it went back further than that. Moron.

GO TIGERS

well, intentional or not, Sapakoff does pt out benefits of

Oct 14, 2015, 12:46 AM

Dabo's rant

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sapakoff is a little off on his history of the term and he

Oct 14, 2015, 2:45 AM

was guilty of trying to paint Dabo as a very calculated politician who wrote that speech in advance and was just waiting for the chance to use it.

Sapakoff is certainly a bit off in his analysis for those specific reasons, but the result of Dabo's rant defending our program will ultimately have similar benefits to those that the article is pointing out. If it weren't for that rant ESPN definitely wouldn't be talking about how Clemson has been a model of consistency over the past few years. He was also able to call out the poll voters and playoff committee and challenging them to research and learn things for themselves instead of repeating the same tired crap that we hear on ESPN everyday every season.

I think Dabo's rant against the word will go a long way to serve our interests and help us to get publicity over the next few weeks of the season. Sapakoff was just wrong in his reasoning.

I specifically didn't like how he basically inferred that Dabo was only saying Bull-crap because he wasn't actually mad. As if he were actually annoyed with the question he would start dropping F bombs and BS every other word. Dabo is a good man and unique for a coach. Many member of the media still don't know how to react to him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's hard to understand how Dabo's level...

Oct 14, 2015, 2:23 AM

Haterz gawna hate! Glad Dabo is our HC.
In another query though. Does anyone know where to order the rain suits Dabo and staff have been wearing over the past couple of weekends? I just can't find the darn things if they are available for the general public.
tia

Well everybody can say what they want about this...

Oct 14, 2015, 3:08 AM

as long as they keep saying Dabo is right that's all that matters. ESPiN actually accused him of setting it up it was so effective, I guess they didn't realize it was one of their own who asked the question to start with.

In the end all the sports news guys publicly agreed with Clemson fans who all believe the word is tired and insulting to our program.

Dabo takes five minutes to do what needed to be done and I expect folks will be talking about Dabo and our football team for the next few months. Consider it, fact check it, repeat it, analysis it, or try to dispute it, it doesn't matter. As long as people remember it and don't apply it to Clemson because we're the one team in the nation that doesn't do it.

Dabo just used the media including Mr Spankitoff like a chicken head and they all love it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,243
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic