Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most Likely Playoff Teams?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 515

Most Likely Playoff Teams?

Oct 26, 2014, 10:00 PM

Who do you have as the four most likely teams to make the playoff?

I'm thinking:

FSU
Bama
TCU
Oregon

I know ESPN is trying it's darndest to get more than one SEC team in, but given the number of head-to- head matchups remaining on their schedules I'm thinking there's a high probabilty there's going to be a lot of 2 loss SEC teams at the end.

Although ESPN will turn on the super spin cycle to make the argument that a 2 loss SEC team deserves a bid over a 1 loss team from any other conference, I just don't see the selection committee buying it.

Of the four teams listed above, FSU will be the only undefeated team and I think the other three are the most likely to finish the season with just one loss. Those three will get the knod over any other 1 loss teams because they will be conference champions.

Michigan State, although they will likely have only 1 loss, will be the odd team out because the Big 10 is perceived as the weakest conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most Likely Playoff Teams?

Oct 26, 2014, 10:41 PM

I'm with you w the SEC beating themselves out... I figured ole miss would go down last night and they did. I think AUB will beat OM this week to give them 2 L's. Then I think State loses at Bama and so does AUB giving them 2 L's. Then I think OM wins the egg bowl giving State 2 L's as well w Bama standing alone w 1 loss and wins over State, Lsu, and Aub. I think they go onto win the SECCG.

I have FSU, BAMA, Michigan State, and Oregon.

I don't see TCU or K State surviving and winning out but see Michigan State and Oregon doing so. However, any potential slip up by Oregon or Michigan State could easily put a 2 loss SECW team back in the equation.

My .02...:

Agreed***

Oct 26, 2014, 10:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I don't think Oregon is that good, but I think Mich St has

Oct 26, 2014, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Most Likely Playoff Teams? ]

Greatly improved over the season, and may be the real deal

I think the SEC will be represented even with 2 loss champs.***

Oct 26, 2014, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Most Likely Playoff Teams? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 10:47 PM

FSU, if not them then no ACC team.
If FSU:
FSU
SEC CCG winner
B1G CCG winner
Pac CCG winner

If not FSU
SEC CCG winner
BIG CCG winner
Pac CCG winner
Big 12 CCG winner

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 10:56 PM

FSU
Miss St (providing they beat UGA in the Championship)
Mich St (has overrated Ohio St and a rematch with Nebraska in the BIG Title Game left)
Arizona (Beats Oregon in PAC Title Game)

TCU gets left out unless the Arizona loses to ASU

Sucks that TCU got hosed at the end of the Baylor game, but they let it get to that point. K State and WVU < Ohio St and Nebraska. No title game hurts TCU.

Michigan St has their Oline back, which they did not have against Oregon in Eugene.

My personal four is: Miss St, FSU, TCU and Mich St, fwiw.

Bump ND!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 11:05 PM

I say Michigan State, FSU, UGA, and TCU. I think miss state loses at least two. They gave up 31 to U of K.

not Clemson, so

Oct 26, 2014, 11:06 PM

It doesn't really matter.

Replies: 8
| visibility 515
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic