Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do people drink Diet beverages?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 521

Why do people drink Diet beverages?

Feb 8, 2019, 10:47 AM

The best diet beverage is water. Diet Coke is disgusting and deplorable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is nasty but know so many people who drink it.***

Feb 8, 2019, 10:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My MIL hits Diet Coke from sun up to sun down

Feb 8, 2019, 10:53 AM

And travels with it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm on doctors orders to not be boozing right now

Feb 8, 2019, 10:53 AM [ in reply to It is nasty but know so many people who drink it.*** ]

was at a friend's house the other day and realized that Beck's N/A is actually way better for me than the coke that was in his fridge.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fluffhead = tdrake?***

Feb 8, 2019, 10:55 AM

nope***

Feb 8, 2019, 11:02 AM

So you have gotten pregnant?***

Feb 8, 2019, 11:49 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had to step back from the booze when my kidneys

Feb 8, 2019, 11:03 AM [ in reply to i'm on doctors orders to not be boozing right now ]

started hurting all the time. Sucks, cause its really my only hobby.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how were they hurting?***

Feb 8, 2019, 11:07 AM

With pain.***

Feb 8, 2019, 11:19 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yuge if true***

Feb 8, 2019, 11:26 AM

both sides of my lower back hurt

Feb 8, 2019, 11:57 AM [ in reply to how were they hurting?*** ]

after a 3 day binger at The Southern. Too many apple pie shots I guess.

I've been dry for about 3 weeks.

Being sober is really, really, really boring. No feelings of how awesome life is or how great i feel except my kidneys don't hurt now all the time.

was that doctor's diagnosis/orders?

Feb 8, 2019, 12:02 PM

I've had similar for past 1.5 years....doc chalked it up to muscular/posture/ergonomics issues, but I still thought it felt too 'weird' and different for it to be just that. That said, the pain WAS worse after sitting, and subsided on weekends when i'm moving around a lot more. Stretching also seemed to help, but with very short-lived effects

These pains have noticeably subsided in the past month of reduced consumption (i mentioned this briefly the other day). I'm still sitting the same way & amount, so that hasn't changed

I think you should stop drankin and start taking heroin

Feb 8, 2019, 12:03 PM

That should ease your need to sit (you'll just lie down and sleep all the time) and walk around looking for more heroin! WIN WIN

No I didn't go to the doctor.

Feb 8, 2019, 12:06 PM [ in reply to was that doctor's diagnosis/orders? ]

Wife of said I should, but honestly, didn't want to know if I have kidney disease.

The pain was too regular and in the same spot to be back pain. And I've never had my back hurt there before.

It could have been a kidney infection; I read a bit about it and found that heavy drinking can cause that. So I took some Amoxicillin for a few days just in case, and the pain went away.

Either way, I probably do drink too much and needed to dry out.

so many samesies in that poast

Feb 8, 2019, 12:11 PM

minus the amoxicillin...also, i don't really THINK that I drink too 'much'. I was definitely drinking frequently, if not daily, and that cumulatively is probably considered 'too much'

Same.

Feb 8, 2019, 12:17 PM

I rarely drink during the week, I might have one or 2 beers (cheap mass produced light beers at that) over a several hour period a couple days a week. But weekends..yeah. Thats when its on.

I had a few weekends in a row when I had to sleep all day Saturday and Sunday just to get over the hangovers from Friday and Saturday nights. There's a lot of not good comes from that aside from the hangovers as well. Then the last weekend when my back started hurting, I figured I might want to give it a rest.

Last weekend was weird because I didn't drink at all and wasn't hungover on Sat or Sun. Of course I had to work both day and night, so it took any benefits from not drinking and tossed it in the chitter.

Makes me feel better about having a beer or two on Friday

Feb 8, 2019, 12:20 PM

night. Haven't been on a real bender like you describe for probably 10-15 years. Not sure I could drink like I did in college for back to back days.

I couldn't drink like I did in college anymore either***

Feb 8, 2019, 12:21 PM

I'll dedicate todays 15 pack to y'all***

Feb 8, 2019, 12:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll dedicate todays 15 pack to y'all***

Feb 8, 2019, 12:26 PM

IIRC, you couldn’t drink very well in college

Feb 8, 2019, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Makes me feel better about having a beer or two on Friday ]

I kid I kid

I did that dry january thing

Feb 8, 2019, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Same. ]

with some pre-planned nights that I drank due to Clemson/parties/birthdays. I noticed a difference, but I was drinking a couple drinks most nights, you know, in line with the recommendations for dudes. The drinks were also getting stronger over time.

All in all, it was a good thing and I pretty much noticed an increase in sleep and productivity and a decrease in feeling like crap.

Now I'm back to a one ounce pour and a drink a night a couple of nights a week, and more on the weekends and haven't lost any of the benefit I felt from no drinking for 4 weeks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS IS WHY WE SHOULD PUSH FOR THE LEGALIZATION OF

Feb 8, 2019, 12:28 PM [ in reply to was that doctor's diagnosis/orders? ]

MARIJUANA. DGUAR CAN SIT FAT ALL HE WANTS AND SMOKE SOME POT WITHOUT FURTHER INJURING HIS PRECIOUS KIDNEYS.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mostly because regular Coke tastes too bitter now.

Feb 8, 2019, 10:53 AM

I drank Coke through college but when I started at Milliken in 1983 the drink machine was one where the cup dropped and filled. The Coke tasted so bad I started drinking Tab. The DC cam out and I switched.

Love it now, but can't go back.

BTW - I wouldn't pour Diet Pepsi down my drain. It is the suxxor.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Bitter is one thing Coke can't be called

Feb 8, 2019, 10:54 AM

It's sweet, the opposite of bitter.

Whatever, after 30+ years of DC regular Coke tastes bad

Feb 8, 2019, 10:56 AM

to me. If you like it fine, it's just not for me anymore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

DC tastes like metal to me

Feb 8, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Mostly because regular Coke tastes too bitter now. ]

But you're right that your tastes change based on getting used to one or the other.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Use to drink coke zero like water

Feb 8, 2019, 10:55 AM

dawned on me one day, you never see skinny people drinking diet soda.

Why? Because your body can't tell the difference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Use to drink coke zero like water

Feb 8, 2019, 1:46 PM

This is so wrong. You body doesnt have to process all that sugar, which will lead to fat stores. Your body absolutely knows the difference between zero caloric intake with no suger vs. 220 calories with 40 grams of sugar.

FBCoachSC® please tell me you are not a PE or Health educator.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Travelling salesman who lives in Detroit***

Feb 8, 2019, 2:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Diet Coke is delicious.

Feb 8, 2019, 11:03 AM

Regular Coke is too sweet.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regular coke is like drinking syrup

Feb 8, 2019, 11:04 AM

Coke Zero is fantastic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

and there goes whatever lingering dickheat you might've had***

Feb 8, 2019, 11:08 AM

You telling me I have fooled you this long?

Feb 8, 2019, 11:18 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

FYI...

Feb 8, 2019, 11:24 AM

On the rare occasion I want brown liquor in a cola, it's Diet Rite and Rebel yell with a twist of lemon. Diet Rite Cola is the only thing I'll use to make whiskey & cola drink.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was that one recipie that called for Sprite or some

Feb 8, 2019, 11:52 AM

such with Rebel Yell?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rebel Yell & Sprite

Feb 8, 2019, 11:53 AM

probably

But what if it wasn't Sprite or Sprite style beverages.

Feb 8, 2019, 12:05 PM

What if my recall is busted and it was Sundrop? Now I want a Sundrop.

It was Choice Cherry Gold and Hennessy***

Feb 8, 2019, 12:33 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try Crown Royal and Mountain Dew, you won’t be disappointed!***

Feb 8, 2019, 3:02 PM [ in reply to What was that one recipie that called for Sprite or some ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure I have had a full soft drink since October '18

Feb 8, 2019, 12:32 PM

I MAY steal a sip from a kid or possibly mix some with crap bourbon, but I don't even recall doing that recently. I would love a Dr. Pepper right now, but I'd rather just grab a beer with everything else being relatively equal.

Switched to black coffee too.

can't do the black coffee thing but moving in that direction

Feb 8, 2019, 12:39 PM

first, I cut down on coffee 2 years ago, NOT drinking it at work (still have 32oz before work)
used to put 2 splendas in each coffee....switched to raw/organic sugar (not sure if that's really any better, i figure less chemicals, tho) a couple months ago...now, even 1 splenda is too sweet. Not sure I'm willing to go any less sweet than where I'm at now

doubt i can ditch the half & half tho....

Once you go black

Feb 8, 2019, 12:42 PM

you're a single mother.

I put a peppermint half and half in a cup yesterday and it was oK. No additional sweetner though. I have always just used Splenda, but I read somewhere that the artificial sweatners are actually worse for you than sugar.

Lastly, I spelled sweetener three different ways in this post, only to get it correct on the last try.

because they like kidney stones***

Feb 8, 2019, 1:03 PM

Replies: 44
| visibility 521
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic