Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
losing recruits to GA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

losing recruits to GA

Dec 17, 2017, 4:34 PM

I have seen a few recent posts about us losing recruits to GA. Who did we lose? I haven't seen any recent news on this. Can someone enlighten me on this subject. TIA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: losing recruits to GA

Dec 17, 2017, 4:35 PM

None really...Salyer is committing but we all know he’s going to UGA...Some seem to think Mays will be going with him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 17, 2017, 4:36 PM

Seems we lost Salyer a while ago to them but I think it's UGA fans trying to stir up football drama. No other recruits that we've gone consistently for that I know of were lost to UGA.

Dec 17, 2017, 4:37 PM

Zamir White was a big one. There were some last year too. We were after Swift pretty hard, wound up with #9 but they did beat us for Swift earlier in the process.

Same UGA fans that were literally crying when Clemson won

Dec 17, 2017, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: losing recruits to GA ]

the national championship because it was going to hurt their recruiting. It is true that it does Georgia no favors for Clemson to win the national title and it does Clemson no favors for Georgia to be strong and perhaps win a national title. For that reason, if we don't win it, I will pull for Alabama or Oklahoma to win it all.

I don't know, specifically, but we lose recruits to UGA

Dec 17, 2017, 4:45 PM

Every year, and they lose recruits to us. Right now, we have 2018 commitments from four 4 or 5-star players from Georgia. UGA would have loved to have had all if them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I don't know, specifically, but we lose recruits to UGA

Dec 17, 2017, 4:51 PM

Linemen

Huh?***

Dec 17, 2017, 5:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Huh?***

Dec 17, 2017, 5:28 PM

We don't have a rep for putting linemen in the NFL. Don't ask me why.

Uhhhhhh . . . say what?***

Dec 17, 2017, 5:36 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Trevor Lawrence, not suprising though since 247 has

Dec 17, 2017, 4:53 PM

him 78% to uga and only 11% to Clemson.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Trevor-Lawrence-at-Cartersville-106646/CurrentExpertPredictions

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor Lawrence, not suprising though since 247 has

Dec 17, 2017, 5:22 PM

Why can't we recruit top linemen?

Dec 17, 2017, 5:33 PM

I have no answer to that. My guess is that we don't have a history of putting linemen in the NFL. Need to change that. Now, we have to bring in 3-stars, but our strength program has done a great of turning these guys into root-hogs.

Dec 17, 2017, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence, not suprising though since 247 has ]

Central Michigan does a good job of putting linemen in the league. Recruiting linemen is very hard to forecast. There are a select few each year that are can't miss prospects and you have to fight everyone else to get them. Is Georgia known for putting linemen in the league? I have never thought of them for that.

A lot of people just like to whine and complain

Dec 17, 2017, 4:56 PM

and basically just be fear mongers. It’s commonplace in our society today.

We do just fine recruiting in Georgia. Of course we don’t get them all, but the best player to wear a Clemson uniform thus far was from there (Deshaun). And the best recruit for 2018, and arguably one of the best in years, is from there as well, and he chose Clemson and not Georgia (Lawrence).

Of course UGA gets some excellent players too. Why wouldn’t they? They are located in a talent-rich state, have nice facilities, are in a football conference, and have had a very good season.

Basically we have nothing to worry about. Some people need to stop being so dramatic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: A lot of people just like to whine and complain

Dec 17, 2017, 4:59 PM

Mays is who I want....

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 17, 2017, 5:07 PM

I don't understand the "world is falling reaction" for Cade Mays. Has something happened that I don't about? Clemson is a serious contender, hold the majority of Crystal Ball predictions, and I haven't heard anything overwhelmingly glowing about the UGA visit. Sure, he visited there, but are we all freaking out because he stopped by Clemson and "supposedly" told Dabo he wasn't interested, leading to Dabo having a "subpar" attitude after practice Friday? Really? Is that what we're doing? We're starting to sound like coots around here

Dec 17, 2017, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: A lot of people just like to whine and complain ]

There's no concrete reason to believe he's going mutt yet. If he told the coaches that on Friday there would have been prediction flips and Salyer reaffirming a commitment on the 20th could have more to do with Justin Fields not looking at Fla than Mays. Obviously it's they make the final impression which is not ideal and they hosted a lot of highly ranked recruits but nothing at this point suggests he gave them a silent that's worth acknowledging.

Random people on Arkansas sites were 100% sure Veneables was going there as the HC and then as Morris's DC.

Dec 17, 2017, 5:25 PM [ in reply to A lot of people just like to whine and complain ]

We have the best facilities in the country, a fantastic stadium, and we are losing recruits to anyone. I don't get it.

Dec 17, 2017, 5:33 PM

You don't get it cause Coots and dawggies DONT. Get it. You're not fooling anyone ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is some Cheese to go with that WHINE expressed here!

Dec 17, 2017, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: A lot of people just like to whine and complain ]

1. We can compete with anyone in Recruiting.
2. Not everyone is a fit for us regardless of the # of Stars they are graded out as.
3. We are not a fit for all Recruits regardless of our Coaches, Facilities, and Sliding Boards!
4. Regarding #3 did I mention we got Bowling Alleys and Ping Pong Tables? Oh, Never Mind!
5. We will know many things on Wednesday regarding our Class! In the Meantime, we got another Championship to Seek!!
6. "And the Best is Yet to COME!" (I plagiarized that Phrase from several of our Clemson Coaches though.)
7. Go TIGERS and enjoy the Ride we GOT!

Dec 17, 2017, 5:39 PM [ in reply to A lot of people just like to whine and complain ]

We have better facilities than UGA, and we have to recall that they have one of the top programs in the country, as do we. And Athens is a very diverse and interesting city. Can we really say that about Clemson? And before you tear into me, I'm a big-time Clemson fan.

Dec 17, 2017, 5:45 PM

Could've fooled me

no you arn't..

Dec 17, 2017, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: A lot of people just like to whine and complain ]

nm

they go to GA cuz GA has the clout to get

Dec 17, 2017, 5:53 PM

DUI & pot arrest droped

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic