Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well boys...Ole Spud whacked'em on the Wando today..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Well boys...Ole Spud whacked'em on the Wando today..

Sep 28, 2017, 8:39 PM

I'm done for the week. Taking Mrs. Spud to a movie tomorrow and all football Saturday
..bit it has been a great trip....caught 10 trout for tailgating Saturday and 5 big spottails for fun today. Had to replace the hooks three times....they kept breaking in if the treble hooks off.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya oughta try the shell bank in Winyah just outside N Inlet

Sep 28, 2017, 8:46 PM

When the tide is running in hard. Pull big trout out there one after another. Anchor on ocean side and let the tide take line right by shell bank. FUN!

Re: Ya oughta try the shell bank in Winyah just outside N Inlet

Sep 28, 2017, 9:00 PM

Those are some big reds Spud. Those boys will make you hit the Advil tonight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah you did***

Sep 28, 2017, 9:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Well boys...Ole Spud whacked'em on the Wando today..

Sep 28, 2017, 9:03 PM

You're a little old to be fishing a spook Spud...Bad for your heart!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had one big spot nail a spook right beside a dock. The

Sep 28, 2017, 9:33 PM

owners were cleaning their deck chairs...Now, you know how hard a spot hits a spook on top. Sounds like you threw a concrete block in the water. Anyway, he clobbers it, rips of drag....I hit the trolling motor to try and ease him out to deep water, but he keeps me near their dock. I'm by myself... running the trolling motor, fighting the spot, holding the net....etc.etc. They never even knew I had a fish on......where do these people come from....

Re: I had one big spot nail a spook right beside a dock. The

Sep 28, 2017, 9:43 PM

New York, Ohio, Illinois, transplants ruining the coast.

Sep 28, 2017, 10:33 PM

It's hard to believe that there are still folks up north, feel like they have all moved to the Carolinas... they are everywhere!!!

Sep 28, 2017, 9:49 PM [ in reply to I had one big spot nail a spook right beside a dock. The ]

You need to come up and fish the west side of the Pamlico Sound for old drum, the last really big one I caught was 59 1/2". It's a lot of fun in late August and early September when schools of tarpon are in the area as well. Lots of good trout and flounder too. Great place for ducks as well!
Search "Ratcliffe boys Pamlico" on YouTube to watch the drum video, my buddy's choice of music in the video, not mine.

Sep 28, 2017, 10:16 PM [ in reply to I had one big spot nail a spook right beside a dock. The ]

Try it at night with a jitterbug and no light on in the boat...

When I was younger I did that with a jigger pole....pretty

Sep 29, 2017, 3:39 PM

exciting stuff when they hit!!

Sep 28, 2017, 11:19 PM [ in reply to I had one big spot nail a spook right beside a dock. The ]

I think the alligators thin em out from time to time....No Clue..

Sep 29, 2017, 9:24 AM [ in reply to I had one big spot nail a spook right beside a dock. The ]

Spud I am concerned about your safety. You continually go out in big water all by yourself. You never know what might happen. Therefore I officially declare myself to be your self appointed caretaker while on fishing trips. Whereas you will no longer have to carry a selfie stick, since I will provide said device to photo and post accordingly on TNET for you. This will allow you to spend more time with Mrs. Spud at the movies! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, I really enjoy your fishing trips.

Re: Well boys...Ole Spud whacked'em on the Wando today..

Sep 28, 2017, 10:19 PM

You up on the river near Rivertowne?

- Pville resident now living in MP

I have spots from The Cooper River Bridge to the end of the

Sep 28, 2017, 10:36 PM

Wando...

Re: I have spots from The Cooper River Bridge to the end of the

Sep 29, 2017, 10:28 AM

10-4. I'm up and down that river as well, so no doubt have passed you up there. The inlaws used to have a lot in St. Thomas Point, so I did a lot of fishing off their dock. Moved up to my own spot on the water and a Scout CC - love it!

I used to go back on one creek in my little 14 foot jon

Sep 29, 2017, 3:26 PM

boat and catch some pretty good trout. Well,I was in there three days straight as these guys kept taking their nice boat out of there to go somewhere else. I was killing'em. Then one day they asked how I was doing and I just said,"Nothin' but peckerheads". I guess they assumed I was happy just catching LITTLE ONES. I never saw them fishing there. But, they built a couple of docks in there and I guess it changed the water flow or something, because you just don't catch them there any more...

A couple more pics..

Sep 28, 2017, 10:42 PM

That was a trble hook until the spot made it a duo hook....

Re: A couple more pics..

Sep 28, 2017, 10:45 PM

I still say, you are living my retirement dream. Someday.. Nice pics.

Wrong pic

Sep 28, 2017, 10:45 PM [ in reply to A couple more pics.. ]

nice fish spud. I caught a nice largemouth in the pond tonight.

Sep 28, 2017, 11:21 PM
IMG_0665.JPG(135.3 K)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nice fish spud. I caught a nice largemouth in the pond tonight.

Sep 28, 2017, 11:41 PM

She looks like an old girl, her tails worn out. We're you able to release her?

oh yes, I release anything over a pound in my pond.

Sep 29, 2017, 3:46 PM

The small ones are so plentiful and easy to catch anyway, doesn't make sense to keep any large fish. Trying to build some real trophy largemouth in there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very nice!***

Sep 29, 2017, 3:28 PM [ in reply to nice fish spud. I caught a nice largemouth in the pond tonight. ]

One more....

Sep 29, 2017, 3:33 PM

I really wish I could fish

Sep 29, 2017, 9:19 AM

but honestly I think I'm lacking a genetic trait or something. I love to fish, but I can't even catch anything in an aquarium.

If I throw on SCUBA gear, there are 1000s of fish around me. Thrown in a hook and they scatter.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic