Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In case our Secondary & D hasn't impressed you enough:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

In case our Secondary & D hasn't impressed you enough:

Sep 9, 2019, 12:05 PM

Zero Pass Interference penalties against a Texas A&M offense that abandoned the running game after the 1st QTR and started throwing the ball on pretty much every down for the rest of the game.

The Clemson Defense only committed 1 penalty all game: the ridiculous "Roughing The Passer" call on K'Von Wallace on A&M's last drive that was a big help in finally crossing the goal line w/ 6 seconds in game vs Clemson's 3rd String Defense

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

new rule

Sep 9, 2019, 12:12 PM

there is a new rule about hitting the QB at or below the knee, full on. KV did that. maybe its a bad rule, but it wasn't a bad call. others were, but not that one, given the new rule

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: new rule

Sep 9, 2019, 12:31 PM

Thanks for the insight. I wondered why the call.

Sep 9, 2019, 1:27 PM

To me it was still a 'grey area' call. The QB jumped (re-watch the video - you can see him jump, and then K'von arguing that the QB jumped, the coaches were saying it too). But when in doubt protect the players and DBs should just aim for his nads. I could never see a clear reason why he went as low as he did. Aim for his belt buckle they always told me in PeeWee football.

Oh really? Good to know. Similar to the FSU QB hit last year

Sep 9, 2019, 12:34 PM [ in reply to new rule ]

Can't remember if it was Mullen or Lamar that hit Francois.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Oh really? Good to know. Similar to the FSU QB hit last year

Sep 9, 2019, 1:02 PM

The call vs FSU last year was a bad call and I believe it was K'Von on that one also.

Franny was hit mid-thigh which is very much a legal hit.

I believe the coach were arguing the call against K'Von on Saturday not for where he made contact but for what caused him to be so low. I'm not sure what their angle may have been though.

Re: Oh really? Good to know. Similar to the FSU QB hit last year

Sep 9, 2019, 1:07 PM

For DB's if you aren't hearing their name often it means, "their guy was so covered the pass was never thrown for it to be defended"! The debate of: which is better a bunch of "PBU's" or a bunch of "non-targets" can rage on. I think non-targets is much more desirable. The QB can clearly see the WR is blanketed and don't even bother to try. Which makes him hold the ball longer; which gives the DL more time to get to him(for a sack).

So far our secondary has challenged the WR's to the point they haven't had to defend a ton of passes. Some of A&M passes were when we had dropped back into a zone coverage!

Shout out to Coach Conn and the secondary!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 1:38 PM [ in reply to new rule ]

HE only hit him at the knee because he jumped up to throw the pass. he would have clearly hit him in the thigh had he not jumped. That's like the QB running into a defender to get a rough the passer penalty after he throws the ball. It was a BS call by SECheat refs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In case our Secondary & D hasn't impressed you enough:

Sep 9, 2019, 12:15 PM

And we are still so young...really on both sides of the ball.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic